Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject: Totally Batman.
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Bill makes his way through the city until he finds what he is looking for: a priest of Oorinh, on his lonesome. He looks like he is just making it back from wherever he has been to where he is going. Bill makes sure that the priest's destination isn't likely to be full of violent men, and puts himself on the roof of the building across the street.

This is going to be fun.

Once the priest gets the door unlatched and opens it, Bill launches himself at the priest, taking him right into the building, with luck.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:32 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"Name-drop?" Guai asks the Voice, "How do you drop-OH! I'm a friend of Samuel Coran. Good ol' Sam. Tell him Guai's here, he'll know me."

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:29 am 
Albert waits patiently. He knows no-one in the temple of Vandemort, and leaves the question of entry entirely to Guai; should Guai be granted entry, Al will simply lead him in.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:45 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Once out of the noble's house, Bolor wipes his palms on his pant legs and looks around. He looks up at his companion and sighs.

"We're off to Master Hedric's now I suppose. What'd you think of Highaxe?"

As he talks, Bolor heads down the road to the next stop on the 'Warn Everyone of the Riot' expedition.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:40 am 
"Seems a decent sort. I'm glad for the chance to meet him. You don't meet very many nobles formally in my line of work."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:46 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"Yeah. I met a quite a few. Well, met if you count standing there menacingly, or showing up when they got too physical with the girls. Didn't happen often though. I worked an upscale joint."

He shakes his head.

"It's different talking to them. He is a good sort though."

Post subject: Re: Totally Batman.
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Skitzophrenik wrote:
Once the priest gets the door unlatched and opens it, Bill launches himself at the priest, taking him right into the building, with luck.

SPIRIT: Speed - Take an Assassin-Priest by surprise (Difficulty 8). Roll: 8. Aspect: 3. Bonus: 2. Total: 13. Total Success!

Bill hits the priest squarely in the back, breaking his fall and the priest's back simultaneously. Unsurprisingly, the priest doesn't resist, and Bill quickly finds himself in possession of the accoutrements of an Assassin-Priest of Oorinh.

At the Temple of Vandemort, one of the guards goes inside. A few minutes later, he returns, accompanied by one of the temple's senior priests, Samuel Coran (an erstwhile companion of the Golden Dragon, incidentally.) He smiles as he sees Guai. "Why, it's my blind friend! I hadn't thought to see you again, but clearly there's something important to discuss. Please, come into my office."

Albert and Guai join Samuel in his office, which is pretty nice, if a bit spartan. It's got really good lighting, provided by a set of mirrors, prisms, and windows that let in natural sunlight regardless of its location in the sky. The chairs are sturdy but comfortable, and Samuel motions for them to have a seat. "So, what brings you here? I presume something important?"

Alec and Bolor reach the warehouses; Hedric's home is pretty easy to find, being one of the few things that isn't a warehouse.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:28 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"Well, the gist of it is that we're toppling Oorinh's power. From what I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong Albert) Lord Highaxe's army is gonna brawl with the Oorinh lot. What we need is some assistance keeping innocent bystanders out of harm's way. Would you be willing to help us on that?"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:07 am 
Bill pops back onto the street with a bounce in his step, and for a moment swings his arms around in a manner very unlike an Assassin Priest of Oorinh (in a manner unlike Bill himself usually for that matter). The late priest now hidden in the building fits well, and (much to Bill's delight) is a very high-quality garment for an Assassin. All manner of hidden weapons are perfectly concealed within even without the addition of Bill's own, the hood is deliberately deep and concealing.

With a smirk and a mental note to keep the cassock and have it re-dyed Bill heads off into the street, with a purpose.

Bill makes his way out from the heart of a solidly Oorinh-worshiping neighborhood and through the streets towards a more mixed part of the city. Here there are worshipers of many of the Gods, but most of the residents worship either Janla or Oorinh, in more or less even numbers.

Naturally both Churches make sure they show a presence, like so many gangs, in the form of groups of thuggish young men in bright colors, walking about or standing and talking in groups. Bill insinuates himself with a three other Assassin Priests who are walking down a market street, glaring and posturing at Priests of Janla.

Perfect.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:42 am 
"No, not Lord Highaxe's army." says Albert. "The less we have to do with directly fighting the Churches the better. But there's a very good chance that the Churches of Janla and Oorinh are going to fight each other, and yes, we're concerned about the effects on the common citizen - the safer an ordinary person is, the better for the city as a whole."

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Bolor approaches the front door, checking the house out as he does. He knocks smartly and waits for a response.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:13 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Samuel takes a moment to absorb the information. "I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking me, my friend, but if you're asking me to keep the peace and protect the innocent, I can certainly help with that. I'm not clear on just what your plan is, though. What will we need to do?"

Hedrick answers his own door, though Bolor can see the guards near at hand. He smiles when he sees the dwarf. "You're Highaxe's man, aren't you? What's the news?"

Bill's gang wanders around the Temple District a while. Several priests of Janla, travelling in ones and twos, give way to the group, much to the amusement of the actual priests of Oorinh. Eventually, his little band runs into a larger group, a half-dozen priests and priestesses of Janla, who naturally expect Bill's group to give way. The rest of the Oorinhites look ready to comply, but Bill's the lynch-pin that will decide it.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 am 
Albert shrugs, holding out empty hands. "Try to protect the innocent." he says. "I'm afraid we have very little idea of precisely what is going to happen - just that there's very likely to be a bit of - possibly severe - trouble between the churches of Janla and Oorinh. So we have no idea of what the best response is; we're looking for people who are in a position to protect the innocent, and warning them of the trouble that we see approaching before it starts. We felt the churches of Stalot and Vandemort needed to know, at the very least."

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 pm 
Bill doesn't quite give way. He looks the approaching priest in the eyes and moves just enough that the priest of Janla will have to go around him and not vice versa. No matter what the priest does, Bill has already eyeballed the cobble he trips on, putting his shoulder into the sternum of the approaching cleric.

A knife is already in hand.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:23 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
FB wrote:
Hedrick answers his own door, though Bolor can see the guards near at hand. He smiles when he sees the dwarf. "You're Highaxe's man, aren't you? What's the news?"

"Yes, sir. Lord Highaxe asked me to pass on some information, sir."

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG