Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:27 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1

Someone should invent the throttle doll.

Something you can choke and choke to vent frustration... a life sized stress ball.

If anyone cares to know why I haven't posted even though I've moved, a recent prodding from Himi promoted said list.

I've basically been dealing with every "screw you" the idiots out here can throw at me without losing my mind. Such fun concepts as:

1) I put in my two weeks at work and they fired me on the spot, so I'm struggling and selling things to make rent this month.

2) Financial Aid doesn't want to let me sign up for a $1600 loan when at the start of the academic year I was able to get my full years loan of around $8000 without even a co-signer, and they've yet to give me a reason.

3) I never got my taxes finished, and now financial aid is pressing me to finish it before they let me back in next week. That's today's project.

4) I need to get a new job quickly, as my parents can't help me for very long with finances.

5) I tend to get rather depressed when this kind of bull goes down, and apparently my coping mechanism is to sleep. I've been very tired dealing with this as of late and haven't been up late at all for the past week really.

6) Classes start monday, so I need to get this all in order, or close to it, by then or else I'll have studies and homework added to all this junk I have to deal with.

Basically I'm in a hell of a rut. But hey... parents are helping me pay rent today. I'm calling the root of the problem, my lender, today from some answers and getting my taxes done so who knows... maybe that will HELP the financial situation. One thing I've learned through this storm of... well, you get the idea... is that I cannot give up or things get 10 times worse.

So I'm quite sorry I haven't been online as of late even though I'm moved and settled. Maybe... just maybe I can get things stable enough this week so that when classes start Monday, I'll have a steady schedule to work off of and thus will be able to focus in on some online time.

Now some of you might say, "Well hey! There's alot of hours in a day... why not post some during your off time?"

Because this... clusterstorm.... of fun... is so mentally draining I just can't bring myself to writing status.

I honestly hope there will be players left to play my games when I finally get this all sorted...

Sorry guys.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:54 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I kinda figured it would be something like that. Lord knows you seem to be a lightning rod for the storms of fate when it comes to random bad things happening to you.

...'lightning rod for the storms of fate', gonna have to remember that one.

In any case. We've waited this long. Knowing most of us, we'll wait even longer barring such things as getting struck ourselves...

Speaking of which.

I'll be away Tuesday and Wednesday with no internet connection. Reason being, is my father is having open heart surgery. Pinched aortic valve + blockages = not enough blood flow = fainting spells that have been getting worse. His surgery is tomorrow. Him being a doctor himself, he went to a heart surgeon he knew, and asked who -he'd- go to if he needed heart surgery. End result, going to the best heart surgeon in the state, so things should hopefully go well. I'm heading home today to spend time with the family beforehand.

Assuming all does go well, I should be back Thursday.

And also Bunny. Out of boredom I rolled up an NPC RS character that you could use as an acquaintance of Rai's. Girl who was at the orphanage he was staying at. When I finish writing out everything I'll PM her over to you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:12 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: scygnus_darkhawk
AOL: Scyngus3535
*Adds another name to the Murphy-hunting list*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:36 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Twin good news - surgery went well, in recovery now. And the virus that was infesting my laptop seems to now be gone after an extensive bug hunt. If anything, my laptop now runs faster than it did before.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:12 pm 
AOL: Krail9
Not that this is actually anything different, but I won't be able to post for the next week or more.

You see, I'm graduating from college tomorrow. And after that I'm spending 5 or so days on the road to get home. So, yeah, exciting. I'll probably actually get to posting once I get home!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:21 pm 
Grats.

In other news, APOTD signups are up and running, now using the Fate 3.0 system. See FRPG thread for details.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 pm 
Okay!

Things are stabilizing and I'm working hard and back in classes. Being such, my days have far more structure once again. I high think it's time to get things rolling once more so:

RS post coming!

Remember, we are jumping into a pure RP system. I am going to end this battle with this post and we can do some post (heh) battle RP. I am going to give you all the option, that is Tom will, to either continue so you can fight higher years n teachers - or we can do some quick RP to get you all your Alchemic Weapons and get this arc onto Crystalis. Bear in mind, I do intend Crystalis to be a good sized arc before the final battle with Xeno.

So think it through. I'm posting. Expect to be done within the hour, tops. (Depending on AIM conversations as I go ^_^)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Yay Bunny is back!

On a totally unrelated note, The World Ends With You is awesome. There is something insanely awesome about pummeling enemies on one screen with a telekinetically controlled plush cat, while you use psychic powers you get from pins to hurt stuff.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:20 pm 
Yes, TWEWY is awesome. Any game that makes you want to reach through the screen and throttle someone is a good one in my book. You don't sound like you're that far yet Crake, but trust me.

The post-game is almost as addicting as the story, too, unlocking secret reports and finding out what went on behind the scenes... and a hundred other things. Definitely recommend.

On other media notes...

Pretty sure everyone knows: go see Iron Man. And wait after the credits.

Don't know if everyone knows: Go see Speed Racer. I went expecting to be disappointed. My brain is still rattling from how good it was.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:34 pm 
Don't forget about FASHION!, Crake. The World Ends With you is nothing without trendy clothing. XD Seriously though, awesome game.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I have any right to post here, seeing how I haven't been in any of your games in who knows how long, but I thought I'd throw in my support. Glad to see your situation stabilizing, man, and here's to a (hopefully) brighter future. *salutes*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:14 pm 
You may not be in any of my games currently but your always one of my players Zeta.

*cracks knuckles*

Homework done. Laundry Done. Let's see what KK has to offer shall we?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:56 pm 
As I'm sitting here ready to post and probably end the battle in Utopia... I see that Jared has yet to post.

Ferret... WHY?!

Please post so I can finish this battle, and shortly this world so we can move on thank you.

In the meantime, while we wait for Ferret to return from work...

How Nerdy is my new class?

1) I cannot look up from my anime background laptop without seeing 30 other anime background laptops.

2) I cannot go a full day without spotting someone watching anime instead of paying attention.

3) ...my classrooms smell like an Anime Convention with no enforced "WASH YOURSELF NERD" rules.

4) And today... the pinnacle.

My C++ teacher was explaining the history for C-based coding. He mentioned an old program called ISO 9000 or something along those lines.

I cringed.

Half the class shouted out, "IT'S OVER 9000!!!"

To make things even better, my teacher turns around and screams, "WHAT?! 9000?! NO WAY!!"

This man has to be in his mid 50s.

My god I love this class, but it scares me sooooo much.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 pm 
ISO 9000, as I recall, is a standard of quality in a business - if something is ISO 9000-something certified, then it meets a certain standard of quality in all aspects of their business.

This is a very good thing, as it is -hard- to be ISO 9000 certified.

Why the hell do I remember that from a statistical quality class I had several years ago?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:51 pm 
*snrk* Oh wow. I wouldn't be able to survive in that class. Death by laughter and all.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:30 pm 
I've found my Japanese classes to be nerdy enough, although I cringe when I run into the occasional 'I'm here for the hot Japanese foreign exchange student teacher assistants' guys and 'I think I'm better than you because I think I, but don't really, understand japanese from watching anime' guys. The rest is good times though.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG