Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Hawatari leans down and picks up her backpack, pulling out her science book and setting it on her desk. She opens her folder and prepares to take notes, wondering what fun they are going to have today.

"I wonder... if we will study the effects of catnip on kitties?" She flips through the index of her book and upon finding no such chapter seems a bit disappointed. Her eyebrows raise slightly when she finds the page on burning different kinds of metals.

"Flames can change colors? How very interesting." She flips through to a chapter on chemical reactions as well. "Oh my... I hope we do this experiment... Potassium Chlorate, Gummi Bears and heat... glowing exploding Gummi Bears." Hawatari is now buried in her book.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:04 pm 
"Tensai? We'll see," says Eriko with a smirk. She shrugs off the question about being sick.

"The proper calibration of systems-adjustments, of course. Biological updates are highly unstable and must be made safe before being offered to the public." While Eriko is still smiling, it doesn't seem to be quite so wide as usual.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:16 pm 
AOL: EagleScout8414
Okay, science class. Dad said I need to pay attention in class. Daisuke inwardly resolves.

But his body chooses an appropriate moment to demonstrate its own resolution...

Daisuke's stomach makes an audible growling sound, and the guy who was briefly a disciplined soldier yesterday now slumps over, head on desk.

"Is it time for lunch yet?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:23 pm 
Michio raises one eyebrow. "But given that any biological creature may mutate in an unknown direction in the following generation, can one ever be considered truly safe?"

"And what do you mean by updates? Thinking of rewriting some creature's genetics?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 pm 
"Mutations - it's too early to be thinking about mutations. We need to standardize enhancements for current karyotypes."

Picking up on his attitude, she says: "Do you have a reversion to genetic enhancements?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:35 am 
"Only to some genetic enhancements. Let me put it this way; I think that the genetic discovery with the second-greatest impact in the next twenty years will be the omni-vaccine that provides the few surviving remnants of humanity with a way to survive the unexpected side effects of the genetic experiment in the number one spot. And the first step in that would be to stop seeing bacteriophages as individual organisms but rather to see them as, um, as a sort of distributed machine, with, er, spatially separated parts running in parallel, much like the separate processors on an oct-processor computer,"

Michio sounds like he's been told this last part and memorised it but never really quite understood it. He doesn't look like he's lying, but he does look like he's very carefully not saying something; the part about how to see bacteriophages sounds like he's trying to change the course of the conversation, apparently in the hope that Eriko will not press on with these questions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:07 pm 
"That's very specific... I don't think the scientists would let such experiments affect the general population, if they occurred." Eriko seems to be getting flustered.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 pm 
Hawatari's passive yellow eyes bounce from Eriko to Michio, and she takes notes as each word is said, as if this will appear on a test someday. It's amazing how fast she can write, and yet for those who might look her handwriting is crisp, clean, and sharp.

She makes a completely innocent, (in her eyes), comment, "You two... make a cute couple."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:01 pm 
CaptainShar wrote:
"That's very specific... I don't think the scientists would let such experiments affect the general population, if they occurred." Eriko seems to be getting flustered.

"Well, that assumes that the top experiment doesn't do anything unexpec-"

Ssj Bunbun wrote:
She makes a completely innocent, (in her eyes), comment, "You two... make a cute couple."

Michio stops mid-sentence and blushes bright red, his mouth opening and closing like a fish caught inexplicably out of water.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:09 am 
"Wha-?"

Too-thin, brace-toothed, young-for-her-class Eriko is not anyone's idea of a romantic candidate. And from the flustered look on her face, it doesn't seem to be hers either.

Eriko quickly looks away from Michio, with whom she'd been enjoying the conversation.

"I hope the new Sensei gets here soon. What is our first topic?" She flips open the first page. "Ah yes, I remember reading this yesterday morning. I rather like the layout of this book; while elementary, it does show one how to progress from topic to topic in a systematic fashion while building the knowledge base of the learner."

Eriko reverts to her normal stream of chatter.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:53 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Tensai listens to the conversation between Eriko and Michio with a bemused stare, as though she were gathering information. As the two finish up, she nods, saying, "yes, yes," pulls out a little notebook and writes into it, saying aloud "Genetic... engineering... yet another thing for me to consider for the future..." She smirks at Michio and Eriko and says, "Michio-kun, you don't think positive enough! The power of science is the power to help the world! You make it sound like Science will inevitably bring about the destruction of the world. Have more faith in humanity and the human mind, why dontcha!"

As she finishes this, the door to the room slides open and a tall man, brown haired and looking distinctly western in his facial features, wearing a business suit type top with a star-print tie to match his star-print hakama. He looks like a weird juxtaposition of professional and kooky.

Walking up to the board, he writes calmly in romanji* "Julian Argus, Science class."

* Romanji = western characters

Turning around, he says, "Welcome to Second Period Science. I am your instructor for the semester, Julian Argus. I overheard the conversation that those three were having as I came down the hall, so I think I'll start us off with some biology." Taking the chalk, he draws a circle on the board, and fills it with lots of strange symbols. Well, okay, they're not THAT strange, they look like some kind of strange, arcane mathematical formula to most of the class.

To the smarter members of the class, though, they at least can somewhat recognize an equation from quantum mechanics.

He then swipes the chalk across the circle, and the symbols seem to move on their own. With two more swipes, he changes a few variables... and suddenly, the layout of the room changes into something more like the science labs the students are used to.

Apparently, his strange equation manipulated quantum tunnelling.

Argus continues. "While normally science classes take us to different rooms for practical labs, I prefer to teleport the materials we need around. Easier if just one of us has to walk."

He smiles at the class and says, "So, what shall we do in Biology today...?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:14 am 
Kookiness and all, Eriko stares at the teacher with rapt attention, falling utterly silent. If being a teacher wasn't enough, being so in tune with the mathematical nature of the universe and yet so able to control its power has won her full attention. So much so, in fact, that she leans forward too far and falls into the lab sink.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:36 am 
"Um, yes." is Michio's only response to Eriko. To Tensai, he adds cyptically "Science will bring about the destruction of the world, but only if it's too poorly understood."

When the classroom suddenly - changes - around them, Michio glances swiftly in all directions, but soon relaxes and heads back to his seat. We lost so much... he thinks.

Well, it seems that my talking to Eriko about biology has already changed the course of this lesson, so there's no harm in changing it further. He suggests "Why not a comparison of the differences in immune systems between different species?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:05 am 
Yahoo Messenger: scygnus_darkhawk
AOL: Scyngus3535
Takuya somehow manages to both get down notes on the conversation happening nearby and snap shots of the teacher's reality manipulation. Otherwise, he's silent, interested enough in the suggested topic to let things continue.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:14 am 
Hawatari's eyes are slightly wider than normal as this walking, talking star adorned western man walks into the room, draws on the board and suddenly somehow changes the classroom into a lab. She's already copied, as best as she could, the symbols that we're on the board and she's currently prodding them with her pencil, wondering why her notebook doesn't change shape.

She pushes her half-moon glasses up on her face and suggests, "We could study the pressure points of the human body and how they can be used to disable a foe much stronger than oneself, or even used to help stop bleeding on injured friends." Whoa... Hawatari knows about things other than cats...

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG