Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:44 pm 
I can not seem to access the archives unless I follow a link that Pete has posted on the main page.
When I go to the main archive link on the Sluggy homepage I am taken to a page with a big black area.
When I scroll over this black area I see what look like links pop up that say things like "book 10" "look at book 10" "put book away".
I cannot click on any of these and I cannot see what is actually there since it is all black.
I am using a PC running Windows XP. My browser is Firefox.
Any ideas?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:48 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
It sounds like javascript is disabled. I did a test by disabling mine and the same black area was seen as well. Though I'm only seeing black, but nothing is popping up when I mouse over it. I also wonder, are your pawnz in 3D as well when you click on them and can rotate them around?

The Archives interface is this idiotic 3D, 15 meg, book thing which makes navigation worse in my opinion. There's no real reason to have something like this.

Anyway, can try enabling your javascript to see if that's it. Though if it is enabled already, I'm sure what is going on right now.

Okay, if you do not know how to do that, an easy way to find out is to type about:config into your address bar. It will bug you with some "scary warning", ignore it and click the button agreeing. You have to find javascript.enable by scrolling or search. If the Value says false, double-click on that line to turn it to true. Then try reloading the Archives (and pawnz) again to see.

Hopefully that helps.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:30 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Suggestions and Comments about the new website, improvements, and such are up in Sluggy Related Chat in the Sluggy 20+ Support Thread and The New Website threads.

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments