Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post subject: References?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:02 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
I know that I'm no longer a heavy poster, but I do enjoy lurking around POOP.

I don't know if anyone else has this issue...

Sometimes I wish to find an article or link that came up in a thread, but I can't find it because I have to sift through the whole thread, or I miss it AS I sift through the thread, etc. Because of this, I was wondering if we could, perhaps, set up a sort of WOH-PAH for POOP. You know, links to various articles that were brought up in various threads, something like:

from God is Bad For You 9/29/05

Just a suggestion....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:21 am 
I can foresee three potential outcomes of such a course.

Potential outcome one: Hardly anyone double-posts their links to the POOP WOH-PAH thread. The link you are looking for is therefore most likely not there.

Potential outcome two: Everyone double-posts links to the POOP WOH-PAH thread. The link you are looking for is thus more buried than before.

Potential outcome three: Some people have thair links in POOP WOH-PAH, some in the thread in which the stories are discussed. This is likely to result in some confusion and much flipping between threads, but eliminates the double-posting problem.

I would personally recommend that the problem is probably a lot more easily solvable with an "article-finder" thread, modelled on the GC "strip-finder" thread, as then the articles linked to would only be those in which people had expressed a specific interest. (Plus then no-one needs to try to remember to post citations aomewhere seperate).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Besides, just replicating every link with a line or two of explanation would eventually result in a huge thread, just chock full of dead links.

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments