Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:57 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: N00b4545
I am still getting that error reported in the Bugs Ahoy threads.

Whenever I enter sluggy i need to log in. I check the box to stay logged in and when I close it I get logged out.

This isn't so much a problem having to log back in, except that it kills every unread thread and marks it as read.

I've cleared my cookies (every single time), cache, history - everything that i could delete I did, and I still get the error. But it only happens on firefox on my network.

I use firefox on my PC - nothing. Firefox on my brothers PC - Nothing. Internet Explorer on my PC - Works. It has to be something within my Firefox settings. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Me-too.
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 pm 
Bumping this thread because I also have this issue... I'm also a Firefox user.

My guess is that the "keep me logged in" is trying to use JavaScript to generate the cookie immediately when you check the box, rather than embedding the cookie in the HTTP reply to a request showing the box as marked. Typepad blogs use this technique. But it's tricky making your JavaScript compliant across all browsers; probably somebody at Sluggy HQ has fallen victim to MS-centricity.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:56 pm 

Quote:
probably somebody at Sluggy HQ has fallen victim to MS-centricity.

Not quite sure where to begin with this...

1. phpBB is developed by the phpBB team, not the Sluggy team.

2. All of the new sluggy site was developed using firefox. IE testing was done at a much later stage.

3. We're still trying to duplicate the problem, to see if we need to submit a bug to the phpBB team.

But thanks for playing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:08 pm 
AOL: Anaea+the+Blue
Well, if it's helpful at all, I'm running firefox under Fedora Core 2, and I haven't had issues with staying logged in at any stage of the game. And currently I'm not experiencing any problems at all. So at the very least, it isn't a Firefox + phpBB = bug problem, there's got to be something else.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:06 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: N00b4545
Thyla wrote:
3. We're still trying to duplicate the problem, to see if we need to submit a bug to the phpBB team.

I can duplicate this whenever you want Thyla - because I do belive I found where my problem falls.

As soon as DefNif's got access to the new forums I updated all my forum links to the beta.sluggy.net site.

Being an idiot I didn't bother to re-upload them to the new Sluggy.net site when it came out. So whenever I clicked on the banner link for Sluggy it sent me to the beta site.

That doesn't explain why the problem is there, but I updated my link to the old Sluggy.net/forum link and it's keeping me logged in now.

rmharman - are you still linked to the beta.sluggy.net site, too? Hopefully this solves both our problems.

Such an easy solution to a problem. I spent hours deleting cookies, logging in in a certain order, cleaning cache and history and trying to set firefox back to what it was origionaly.

Thank you all for your help. I'll be shutting up now.

Edit: Speeling

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:03 pm 
Problems logging in here too - on any PC I try (with Firefox), I have to log in twice. First username/password produces no visible effect and no error; the second one does the trick.

:kzk:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:53 am 
What is the chance of being able to activate an old account that may have been made inactive.

Also, I could just have the password wrong (although, I don't think so) but I also have no access to my old email address for resetting purposes.

Until then, I guess I will have to live with a space in the middle of my name.

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments