Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post subject: Archiving/Archive Mods
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:50 pm 
I know this might end up being a lot of extra work and isn't really all that necessary since the threads are organized based on most recent post date, but maybe we could get an archives board and/or some archive mods to get rid of the older/inactive/dead threads? Again, not strictly necessary but it might help make the board seem tidier and less intimidation for new people? For myself atleast,i found it a little hard to find if the threads were already in existence and rather overwhelming the amount of threads. Alternatively, and i'm not sure phpBB has this option, i know on some forums when you are making boards you can set it to hide threads that have not been posted in for a set amount of time. Then it would still be organized for mod convenience and the naughty/nice records Wile E mentions in some of the threads but wouldn't actually show up in everyday browsing?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Well, I can address one of those points right now. Generally speaking, if a thread has dropped off the first page, it's considered "dead" and you don't want to post to it -- you'd be better off starting up a new one on the same topic. So don't worry about going back ten pages to see if there's already a thread -- if you don't see it on page one (or even page two, if you're being *really* thorough), just start a new one!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:43 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: PlatonicBathos
Well, I can address one of those points right now. Generally speaking, if a thread has dropped off the first page, it's considered "dead" and you don't want to post to it -- you'd be better off starting up a new one on the same topic. So don't worry about going back ten pages to see if there's already a thread -- if you don't see it on page one (or even page two, if you're being *really* thorough), just start a new one!

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments