Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:04 pm 
Assuming it's not just coincidence that we've always seen the moon(s) when full, that they STAY full, in a dimension ruled by our physics, that would require the moon (the presumably physical one, the other would just follow) to be about a million miles away, about four times as far as our moon. That would both reduce the tidal effect (although the solar and lunar tides would always be in sync) and require the moon to be about four times as big (diameter) as our moon to be as bright and big. That's about the same size as the earth, and no way would it be stable in the earth-sun L2 point. Of course, it's more likely that the physics here is just completely unlike that of the world we live in.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 pm 
Or we can just assume that Pete doesn't want to bother plotting out phases of dual moons and not read anything at all into the moons always appearing full. Honestly, it's like some of you guys expect Pete to be an expert at everything that the comic even tangentially touches upon and to actually put the effort into incorporating all that into the art and story rather than focus on the narrative he's trying to tell.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:57 pm 
We have only seen the moons three times in this whole thread - so this is not really an ongoing "issue". We have seen it be nighttime without seeing the moons, so a stretch of the imagination is not required to assume that the three times we have seen them just happen to correspond with them being full - or close enough to full.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:24 pm 
The need for a script rewrite makes me think there will be a sudden shift in action. I can't imagine them going back to Sluggy prime yet, so it's into the future. Maybe Riff's kick to the DFA will send them into the future, but not so far as Cupidine, so they'll be able to heal Torg and prep any surviving people for dealing with her.

On the other hand, maybe that far in the future, there are no sentient beings left.

Another question that occured to me, does having more anima = having the lifetimes that those people would have had? Is it additive? In other words, would Cupidine have her(?) life extended?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:23 pm 
Assuming that is the case, Cupidine would likely never survive the result of the anima arms race going into the future. The few (perhaps only one) people left would have so many anima as to become like a psionic deity. And if anima actually do add to life expectancy there will almost certainly be at least one person with many anima alive left in the future to which Cupidine was sent. Cupidine wouldn't stand a chance.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 am 
swmartian wrote:
We have only seen the moons three times in this whole thread - so this is not really an ongoing "issue". We have seen it be nighttime without seeing the moons, so a stretch of the imagination is not required to assume that the three times we have seen them just happen to correspond with them being full - or close enough to full.

I agree completely. That's why I said "Assuming it's not just coincidence". However, if it HAS been coincidence, I'd love to see the moon half-full or in a crescent, just to see if the blue companion goes through the same phases or remains full. Of course, THAT might be a spoiler -- since if it's the moon's anima, it likely would NOT go through phases, but if it's an anima cloud, the moon could probably DIRECT it to follow suit.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:23 am 
I wonder if Riff had any time to work on the DFA enough to get them back to Sluggy Prime, or make any changes to send them somewhere different, OR to a different amount of time in the future, or past...SOMETHING. And he DID kick the DFA, so maybe that changed the calibration somehow.

I am also wondering why those "Cupidines" would care about a measly handful of animas, given how many they already. And what is so special about Torg's? I can understand why the original Cupidine would want them, because she was so inferior to the others. Maybe that's why they want them? Because right now they are too matched up, and the more you have, the more power you have? And maybe Torg's has a lot of power?

Poor Torg.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:52 am 
I predict that at least one of the approaching anima clouds is friendly, or at least non-hostile, and is actually a group of Cupidines working together and traveling as a group for mutual support and defense.

It's possible that both clouds are collectives, but opposed.

Wild spec based on the above: one of the collectives is composed of descendants of the Shankrafts, Daebo, or both.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:05 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Wild spec based on the above: one of the collectives is composed of descendants of the Shankrafts, Daebo, or both.

That would be really cool

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:21 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I predict that at least one of the approaching anima clouds is friendly, or at least non-hostile, and is actually a group of Cupidines working together and traveling as a group for mutual support and defense.

It's possible that both clouds are collectives, but opposed.

Another spec; suppose that one or both new anima-clouds represent the LAW?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:40 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I say we discover if they are "friendly" or not, whether the DFA works after Riff kicked it.

It does not work and the gang is freaking out, but the swarms don't care about them since they want Cupidine level prey. The gang is beneath them with their single anima each.

The DFA does work (but maybe not quite right) and they leave, but the info about the DFA is discovered and the swarm follows them to where/when they zappoed to.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:31 pm 
Here's a spec. When Riff kicked the DFA, he pulled a Geordi and reversed its polarity, so it sends to the past. But it only picks up one target, or two touching if one is small, like Maya and Frog. Want to guess who is at the center of the two Death Star Anima clouds, since they will be five thousand years in the past and know this is possible?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:48 am 
Zillatain wrote:
The DFA does work (but maybe not quite right) and they leave, but the info about the DFA is discovered and the swarm follows them to where/when they zappoed to.

Ohh man - the one way that could happen is if kicking it set the DFA to remain behind instead of coming with them. And at first they think they're screwed, but then they realize all the Cupidines used the DFA tech to wreak havoc on timeless space warring with each other between near-future time periods, resulting in a post-apocalyptic wasteland strewn with countless leftover DFAs everywhere, in every design imaginable...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:09 am 
Could the anima have gotten zappo-ed without the Cupidines?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 pm 
I'm a bit surprised by the current turn of events. There's so many questions left unanswered about the era they just left, and wherever they pop up to can essentially be so far off in the future that they no longer matter. At this point, even a singular god deity popping up and meeting them in a bit of a deus ex machina, like when bun-bun fell in the ocean in timeless space, is possible.

Or maybe in this dimension, everything loops around after the cataclysm occurs and eventually everything is "consumed" by the "moon god" to make way for next iteration of events to occur, and the cycle is disrupted by cupidine having been DFA'd past the event horizon of the cataclysm. But anything seems possible at this point, the problem is wrapping it all up.

Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Zillatain wrote:

Ohh man - the one way that could happen is if kicking it set the DFA to remain behind instead of coming with them. And at first they think they're screwed, but then they realize all the Cupidines used the DFA tech to wreak havoc on timeless space warring with each other between near-future time periods, resulting in a post-apocalyptic wasteland strewn with countless leftover DFAs everywhere, in every design imaginable...

This is a pretty nifty theory, but not because there's anything wrong with the DFA or because it gets left behind. They already allowed all the specs regarding the DFA to be uploaded and observed through the "animesh" (Is there an official name for it yet?) network. If those "cupidines" are as highly intelligent as they seem, they can duplicate the design. The most recent storylines with 4U City and Hereti-Corp have ended around similar threads.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat