Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:46 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
Or Trollorian go-go dancers everywhere.

You definitely have a type.

I'm hot for Trollorians?

Spirantz wrote:
I almost made a.skeleton joke on there about what she looks like. It's entirely.possible, but I didn't want to bust Pete's balls too hard. Definitely a new hair style. Looks like she lost weight. And her boob is drawn a bit weird. Lolz.

It COULD be weight loss. But the last ref when she was with Torg, she didn't look quite like that.

She's also a lot more made-up than I remember prior to this storyline. Again, could be fashion, could be trying to hide a worsening condition.

I think randomlanguage may be onto something.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:07 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I'm hot for Trollorians?

You tell me ;)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 pm 
There's so much to explore in this world where emotion and intent are visible and impossible to hide. So many philosophical, "what if?" questions. But I get the feeling that we are going to head out of at least this time period before many of them are explored.

I do think they'll get and use the DFA and head out. Where they end up is still a question, but I don't think it will be home!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 am 
I'm foreseeing the equivalent to a robotic logic error loop explosion here.

The right thing to do is to deliver the technology and be a good COP! Zoe must be Bedeviled because she's doing a bad thing! But she's doing a bad thing for a good reason! But this good reason conflicts with the need to deliver the technology! Zoe punched a guy! That's evil! But she's doing it for a good reason! Are we the bad guys then? But we're not bedeviled! Maybe Zoe isn't bedeviled then? ERROR! ERROR! BRAIN APPROACHING MELTDOWN!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:40 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
I'm foreseeing the equivalent to a robotic logic error loop explosion here.

The right thing to do is to deliver the technology and be a good COP! Zoe must be Bedeviled because she's doing a bad thing! But she's doing a bad thing for a good reason! But this good reason conflicts with the need to deliver the technology! Zoe punched a guy! That's evil! But she's doing it for a good reason! Are we the bad guys then? But we're not bedeviled! Maybe Zoe isn't bedeviled then? ERROR! ERROR! BRAIN APPROACHING MELTDOWN!

In spite of this being a society where everyone is supposed to be judged by intense and not necessarily action like in the highlands were they first arrived, some things seem inflexibly judged. It is this dissonance between intent and action that creates these logic error loops you mentioned. You can intend something "good" and do something "bad" or you can do something "bad" and intend something "good." How many of the rulers through history have begun out of intent (or purported intent) to better "their" people, (granted it came as expense to the people who were not theirs).

Remembering the sorcerous, and remembering the difference between what the anime the first group they met showed when they were interacting with Torg and the others, we can see the issue if anima interaction is complex, but the COPS don't seem to treat it that way.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:04 pm 
So you're suggesting that her head should blow up the old fashioned way? :riff:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Maya has already decided that Zoe is a bedeviled that a seer can not detect. So she is not going to have any "logic errors".

Zoe is evil. Nothing she does will change that fact.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 am 
Okay. So that's 2 for the old fashioned type of head exploding then.

I guess I'm just more of a mental trauma than a physical trauma kind of monster.

GOSH DARN IT THOUGH, THERE SHALL BE A TRAUMA!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:51 am 
If Torg ends up using Chaz to kill some of the cops while Riff fixes the DFA, it's going to be very interesting to see whether they are actually as innocent as they seem…

(On a related note, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone turn into a "bedeviled" at some point in the ensuing conflict.)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:14 am 
kansaichris wrote:
If Torg ends up using Chaz to kill some of the cops while Riff fixes the DFA, it's going to be very interesting to see whether they are actually as innocent as they seem…

(On a related note, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone turn into a "bedeviled" at some point in the ensuing conflict.)

I doubt it's gonna pop up in the middle of an intense conflict. Bedeviled people are evil people who hide that they're evil, "hide" is much more important than "evil". Evil people who's genuinely in delusion that they're good people do not need to hide anything.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:38 am 
kansaichris wrote:

Has Pete ever given us a reason to question them? Remember that most of the sluggy gang wouldn't be considered innocent either. I'm not sure what this would show us.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:23 pm 
I expect that Maya and possibly some of her crew will burst upon Our Heroes just as the DFA is triggered, and get swept into the future with them.

I also predict that after this jump, there will be a proportionately larger number of bedeviled among the populace.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I also predict that after this jump, there will be a proportionately larger number of bedeviled* among the populace.

*Trollorians

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:36 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I expect that Maya and possibly some of her crew will burst upon Our Heroes just as the DFA is triggered, and get swept into the future with them.

I also predict that after this jump, there will be a proportionately larger number of bedeviled among the populace.

I can see either/both of these things happening, I guess we'll see!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 am 
What I'll be curious to see, is whether they end up in a fascist bedevilled-run dystopia or a post-apocalyptic bedevilled-strewn wasteland.

Or the double-twist: a bedevilled-managed utopia

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat