Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady grins. "I was thinking of telling them who to vote against, most specifically Raven and his men. But whether they will stay brought is a worry." He nods towards the truck "As is what will we do with all that. But I suppose that can wait until after lunch. So will we be printing invitations or copying that letter by hand?"

Then he looks towards the locals. "Sorry; we should be having lunch before it is getting cold. It will make the cook happier, I am thinking. Do any of you know the names of the patriarchs we should be talking to about voting...properly?"

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:16 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger gives Piper a hug and absent mindedly pats her on the head.

"You know, if we really are richer then the entire country, we could probably offer more than Raven. Maybe we should focus on the ones we know are already in his pocket. Well, maybe not exclusively, but it can't hurt to chip away at his base of support..."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:10 am 
"Got a list," says Sir Ulath, holding up a sheet of paper. "You want the ones who have been taking the Primate's bribes, or the ones who are holding out for a better price?"

Piper smiles, and seems to appreciate the head-pats.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:24 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady thinks for a second. "We will be needing some of both to win, unless we can somehow be finding every one of the 168 patriarchs and get them in the room. I am thinking we should be starting with the higher bid patriarchs, though; they may be cheaper for us, and we are only needing some to keep Raven from winning."

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 am 
Sir Ulath hands over his list. "Right column," he says.

The right-hand side contains eleven names, presumably those of the Patriarchs holding out for a higher bribe. The left-hand side contains... a far longer list of approximately twenty-five names, not enough to be all of the bribed Patriarchs.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:51 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady glances at the list, does a quick tally, then glances back up at Sir Ulath. "Roughly 30 patriarchs are supporting Raven because they like the way he dresses?"

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:48 pm 
"Dunno all their faces," admits Sir Ulath. "Those were the ones I knew, or whose names were mentioned in the Basilica."

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:22 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "True, you are not part of the city garrison. My apologies." He looks at the others. "I would guess we should start with the ones who are holding out; some may be greedier, but some may be more willing to take a lesser bribe for a better candidate. We do not need many to block Raven for now."

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"We should start soon, I would think," Felix ponders aloud. "The sooner we can start subverting Raven's plans the better."

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:58 am 
"Sending them a letter is straightforward," says Sir Ulath. "Less so if you don't want everyone to know."

"I bet Talen could get a letter to any estate in the city without anyone finding out," pipes up Piper.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:59 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "He knows a guy. I have heard. Well, we can copy this out by hand after lunch and then ask Talen to get them delivered. Perhaps one of his friends can help us with the missing patriarchs as well."

With that Arkady looks around to see if lunch is available.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 am 
Lunch, it turns out, is available. It seems that Dolmant prefers nutritious, filling stews to other food.

As you are guests, the staff invite you to the main dining hall for a meal. Talen rejoins you there, having caught up on his sleep, and is quickly bought up to speed on the current situation (mainly by Piper, who almost seems to have a better grasp on your plans than the Knights who were with you all day).

Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:36 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
While eating, Arkady tells Talen: "If you know a guy who can find any of the missing patriarchs we would like to hear about it. Otherwise we will soon have letters that need to find their way to the homes of some other patriarchs without it becoming common gossip."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:13 am 
"I know some people I can ask," says Talen. "It might be easier to get a message to them than to find them, though."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
After swallowing some stew, Arkady looks at the others. "If our host doesn't mind, perhaps we can invite them here? There are Church knights to look out for them here, as well as strange and exotic peoples like Terrans and Styrics. And there is some safety in numbers. Stand together against Raven instead of getting hunted down one by one, that sort of thing."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG