Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:21 pm 
swmartian wrote:
2. Or Torg will slay the monster, putting it out of its misery ... at the same time that the King shows up to try to recruit Torg and Riff as his personal monster slayers....

Bwahaha! Well, I'm kinda sorta close to what happened.... Count on Pete to have the finish of this whole slapstick thing be Torg killing the leader....

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:26 am 
emajekral wrote:
8) Zoe and her anima correctly recognize the witch's anima as corrupted, so the kick is easily avoided.

9) Zoe isn't a man, so she won't be affected. The rumor is that she ensorcels men's minds. I'm thinking she and Gwynn and Zoe will meet soon.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:46 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
9) Zoe isn't a man, so she won't be affected. The rumor is that she ensorcels men's minds. I'm thinking she and Gwynn and Zoe will meet soon.

Good point.
Has anyone mentioned her feet? Camel-toed if not truly hooved. I'm wondering if she's half Carib, even though we've had no indication before this that was possible, that I recall anyway.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:43 pm 
OK, utter speculation. Natives are restless again, gang tries again to return. Daebo, familyless, goes with. Either now, or when they do eventually make it home, some sort of angsty one-way crush/romance develops between Aylee and Daebo. And I hesitate to guess which way.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:50 pm 
Jochi wrote:
some sort of angsty one-way crush/romance develops between Aylee and Daebo. And I hesitate to guess which way

I said the same about frog and kiki. We can only hope so!
....and that it is firmly squashed before long.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:27 am 
Jochi wrote:
OK, utter speculation. Natives are restless again, gang tries again to return. Daebo, familyless, goes with. Either now, or when they do eventually make it home, some sort of angsty one-way crush/romance develops between Aylee and Daebo. And I hesitate to guess which way.

I think this is within the realm of possibility as well!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 am 
Jochi wrote:
Has anyone mentioned {the sorceress'} feet? Camel-toed if not truly hooved. I'm wondering if she's half Carib, even though we've had no indication before this that was possible, that I recall anyway.

Not part Carib, but still a humanoid ruminant. Looks more bovine. And hadn't expected HER to tag along. I wonder how her power over minds will translate in a world without animas. IF they reach one.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:46 am 
Jochi wrote:
Not part Carib, but still a humanoid ruminant. Looks more bovine. And hadn't expected HER to tag along. I wonder how her power over minds will translate in a world without animas. IF they reach one.

That's assuming that animas don't exist everywhere, just invisibly... I still believe the blue moon has something to do with why they are visible here. So the sorceress could easily be able to dominate people in any world.

Not bunnies, though. :bunbun:

Also, you're both wrong. Kiki's one(-sided) true love is clearly Bun-bun. I predict Daebo and Frog will get together.

Or not.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I predict Daebo and Frog will get together.

Or not.

Ew.

Jochi wrote:
And hadn't expected HER to tag along. I wonder how her power over minds will translate in a world without animas. IF they reach one.

Yeah, I don't think they're going anywhere... My last spec appears to be coming (mostly) true...

I predicted that the both sorceress and the King would be wanting to conscript our gang as their own personal protectors - I just did not expect the King to be dispatched so readily. The way he died also gives the "sorceress" the upper hand in getting the gang to serve her, since the villagers now want them dead.

Clearly the sorceress does not use magic as Gwynn used to - so she requires more mundane protection from these monsters - as does everyone else. So Riff and Torg are now considered useful to her...

I have a suspicion that she's not as evil as she's been painted out to be (dominating others through their animas not withstanding). I can't wait to get her backstory...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 am 
I'm thinking that they might attempt the DFA, and this this sorceress does go with them. Not that DFA will work, but it'll get them to a new place where she can utilize her power.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:09 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
I'm thinking that they might attempt the DFA, and this this sorceress does go with them. Not that DFA will work, but it'll get them to a new place where she can utilize her power.

The power of physical violence!
Gwynn is gonna get jealous. That's her turf!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:34 pm 
I don't think they're going anywhere except farther into the future of this current dimension.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:36 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
I don't think they're going anywhere except farther into the future of this current dimension.

I hadn't thought of that, but it would allow time for all the things the gang has done to build some ramifications that necessitate action.
For the sake of our continually traumatized heroes, hopefully not demons or other familiar world-ending phenomena.

Another thought I had was that they will get back home this time, but something from this dimension will come back with them. I had thought the sorceress, but now I'm not sure.

I do like the anima, but I don't think they'll be visible in sluggy prime. Even if just for practicality sake, they are probably a little complex to draw all the time.

I think we're nearing the end of this arc, whatever happens... And I'd be ok with a complete switch, if shifted to Aylee or Bunbun for a bit.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:39 pm 
Kesandru wrote:

Oooh, and the sorceress will still be around and overjoyed to see Riff!

randomlanguage wrote:
Another thought I had was that they will get back home this time, but something from this dimension will come back with them. I had thought the sorceress, but now I'm not sure.

Daebo! Unless he finds a heroic destiny in this dimension, that is.

Quote:
I do like the anima, but I don't think they'll be visible in sluggy prime. Even if just for practicality sake, they are probably a little complex to draw all the time.

The blue moon... the anima moon... the Animoon.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:15 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
The blue moon... the anima moon... the Animoon.

Would that make them Animooniacs?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat