Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:43 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if Pete has a plan to examine the difference between Chaz (who identifies "pure" innocence) and Zoë's power to identify "pure" evil?

I was wondering about Chaz and bedeviled people, too. If they are infected, possessed, or etc., they would be similar to Oasis. Innocent. However, if they became Bedeviled as a result of their own thoughts and actions....not innocent. Torg is bound to go chop chop on them eventually, I imagine.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:44 am 
Given that we still don't understand exactly what's going on with these "animas", my prediction is that the "red == evil" thing is going to turn out not to be as cut and dry as our characters think.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:55 am 
Frog raises a good point in previous sub-chapter. Animas show momentary feelings, they're not intentions, and certainly not lie detectors. It's just "floating bad poker face". They make bluffing harder, but you're still free to back-stab anyone as long as you're being sudden about it. After all, Animas can show "this person hates seeing you right now", but they can't show "this person is likely to betray anyone".
Example 2: you see "John's Anima looks guilty", and John says it's because he failed to save their friend, but in reality it could be "John is an enemy's spy, and that's why his 'friend' died, so he's feeling guilty about it".
Example 3: you say Cassandra truth in order to deceive, and your Anima looks like you're trying to deceive. Everyone think you're telling lies, but in fact you're deceiving them by telling the truth.
Example 4: scammer is trying to scam you, but you see right trough it, but buy product anyway, because you think scam is little enough. Turns out it was a two-layer scam, with well-hidden big scam under poorly-hidden little scam, and you fell for it.

It's not necessary to be a bedevil to deceive and betray, as long as you're jumping through mental hoops, or you're lucky.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:46 am 
It seems pretty obvious what happens next. Gwynn and Frog hook up.

Grog? Frynn? Hmmm ....

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:11 pm 
Biscuit wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, today I was left wondering why they'd bother to have rescued him... So they do seem like a good match.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:26 am 
Biscuit wrote:

Grog? Frynn? Hmmm ....

Riff & Biyu Daiyu team-up to help them! Witch frog babies!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:49 pm 
I personally think that the sorceress in the tower is alyee species, and the ones with the red anima are either controlled by her, or her offspring.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:05 am 
Deadels.

K'Z'K.

This dimension has a K'Z'K.

Maybe Gwynn can finally get to play the hero this time, and save the sorceress.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:05 am 
They don't seem quite maniacal enough to be deadels. A little too on the zombie end of the undead spectrum. I was expecting her to be one of the gods of this world, but now I think not. This "enchantment" thing may just be another so-called gift like Zoe's perception of red anima. Of course, the sorceress's big introduction is her looking pensively down into the distance. That is not helpful!

But what is this all adding up to? I'm still not seeing how the rules of this world fit together. Why are they there, why are they stuck, why the second moon, etc...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 am 
Spirantz wrote:
swmartian wrote:
Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if Pete has a plan to examine the difference between Chaz (who identifies "pure" innocence) and Zoë's power to identify "pure" evil?

I was wondering about Chaz and bedeviled people, too. If they are infected, possessed, or etc., they would be similar to Oasis. Innocent. However, if they became Bedeviled as a result of their own thoughts and actions....not innocent. Torg is bound to go chop chop on them eventually, I imagine.

I'm still not sure if all evil folks are bedeviled. Zoe explains that bedeviled can deceive, what grants them a huge advantage in a anima-based world.
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2019-04-05

Torg wonders, why the Shancrafts don't have red animas.
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2019-04-15
Of course he has burnt more brain power on this issue, but having a red anima by Zoes explanation by Zoes explanation means being able of being deceptive. Everyone with a red anima also happens to be evil (but in the case of the tribe leader the nifty gang still doesn't know). That's a sample of three. Enough for the conclusion: Bedeviled -> evil ??
And the other way round? Frog is clearly evil (the funny kind of, but still) and his anima still mimics his feelings, he can't deceive. So we need even more question marks for Evil -> bedeviled ????

As I said, Torg burnt a lot of brain power - does he have additional information??

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 am 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
Given that we still don't understand exactly what's going on with these "animas", my prediction is that the "red == evil" thing is going to turn out not to be as cut and dry as our characters think.

See my last post.

Red means deceptive.

As Torg explains, the society rewards people for being good so they are good.
But if you live outside the society, you don't have to be good or even fake it (like the sorceress).

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:04 am 
Has this been brought up yet:

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2019-03-22

"When your laser cannon runs dry we might want to try fluxing home again!"
"You know why I'm hesitant to ..."

Look at Riff's anima. It looks really worried.

So the process of fluxing home might pose some real dangers. Just being shielded wouldn't cause such a reaction ...

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
I don't know why, but I'm getting the feeling the strip is going to end in this dimension. The zappo-er is not going to work at all, they're stuck here, but don't know it yet

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:24 am 
parannoyed wrote:
I don't know why, but I'm getting the feeling the strip is going to end in this dimension. The zappo-er is not going to work at all, they're stuck here, but don't know it yet

What makes you think that?
Remember Epilogue Two of The Heavens and the Earth?
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2019-01-10
... unfinished business ...

There are three characters left in Sluggy Prime, who have a story to be told: Kusari, Oasis and Bun-bun.

The nifty gang not returning would mean that there would be a story arc with only the three of them.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 am 
I think it's important that the 'zombie things' next to the Sorceress have animas. They aren't dead ... they still have 'souls', albeit drippy ones. Points more to 'controlled drooling zombie-like people' then 'reanimated corpses'.

They're also BLUE anima, not red ..

Yodimus_Prime wrote:
They don't seem quite maniacal enough to be deadels. A little too on the zombie end of the undead spectrum. I was expecting her to be one of the gods of this world, but now I think not. This "enchantment" thing may just be another so-called gift like Zoe's perception of red anima. Of course, the sorceress's big introduction is her looking pensively down into the distance. That is not helpful!

But what is this all adding up to? I'm still not seeing how the rules of this world fit together. Why are they there, why are they stuck, why the second moon, etc...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat