Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:09 pm 
Okay, it's very hard to speculate from this point of the story.

I assume...

... Riff will explain / discover something regarding the structures of the dimensions we weren't aware of yet and which affects fluxing.

... the farmer has some of the monsters, which we saw on the island, in a domesticated version.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
I think that something about this dimension (possibly related to why animae are visible there) will cause the DFA to transport them in time, rather than back home. They will wind up at some point in the future, when their (mis)deeds have become mythological in nature.

...wait, did I get some spec at least partially right?!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:48 am 
Evolution, Elevation... Take bets on the next subchapter name:
Evaluation?
Evangelization?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:08 am 
I’m ignoring all the big picture to focus on only one thing. The reason Shankraft is never around is because he and Daiyu have had at least one child and he’s being a stay at home dad. Biyu always seemed like the breadwinner to me. Especially if she treats this place like her home village.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:57 am 
VcSaJen wrote:
Evaluation?
Evangelization?

I'm going "Revelation".

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:26 am 
So I'm thinking that this dimension has defenses in place, like timeless space, such that you cannot flux out once you get in. I'm thinking this is going to be quite awhile in this dimension until they figure out how to get past the dimensions.

I wonder if it does have something to do with K'Z'K' either winning or something here--maybe the tribal leader has a piece of K'Z'K' like in the home sluggy dimension?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:02 am 
Question, what the hell is this in the banner? Image

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:46 pm 
maslego wrote:
Question, what the hell is this in the banner? Image

Good eye! Well, they ARE monster hunting.

VcSaJen wrote:
Evaluation?
Evangelization?

Pew pew crossbows

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:09 am 
thancock wrote:
So I'm thinking that this dimension has defenses in place, like timeless space, such that you cannot flux out once you get in. I'm thinking this is going to be quite awhile in this dimension until they figure out how to get past the dimensions.

Sounds more like "Quarantine" than "Defences".

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:02 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
Pew pew crossbows

LOL. I know we're no longer awarding spec points on this thread, but I think that should somehow count anyway.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:39 pm 
thancock wrote:

I wonder if it does have something to do with K'Z'K' either winning or something here--maybe the tribal leader has a piece of K'Z'K' like in the home sluggy dimension?

I think everyone is making this too complicated. Back when the remote was introduced, 'Sasha' says that it is tied to the base unit:
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2001-06-10

But when they flux at the end of 'Heavens and Earth', they take the base unit with them:
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2018-12-26

Since the remote and linked base unit are in the same dimension, I think it just relocated them to a different part of the dimension when they fluxed - I guess it could be a different time, but it wouldn't have to be. I think Riff forgot to check his notes.

Also I am disappointed to find out that Riff was just making another ballista bolt. I was sure that he was making a gun barrel in the previous comic. He needs to figure out how to charge his laser canon.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:32 am 
I think Riff improved the return remote since then. After all, it worked after he got zapped to a random dimension by a completely unrelated orbital DFA. Which means either he painstakingly reprogrammed it to link with every DFA, or he made it so it always takes you to your home dimension.

Except when it can't, clearly.

We're still not sure if they travelled to a "where" or a "when". The farm suggests the future, but as was pointed out above, it could just be another part of the world. The difference between a bronze age village and hunter-gatherers when it comes to time periods is...fuzzy. But you'll get no speculation from me, I'm pretty lost. We somehow got through a whole subchapter that only raised questions, and so far all the second subchapter has provided is additional questions. It makes me wonder if Pete is testing himself on how long he can write in a mysterious setting without revealing literally anything.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:10 pm 
swmartian wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Pew pew crossbows

LOL. I know we're no longer awarding spec points on this thread, but I think that should somehow count anyway.

I'll take the equivalent in generic internet points then. Thanks! :kiki:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:33 pm 
Torg will hit their "lunch".

"Lunch" will turn out to be camoflaged bait attached to a giant monster (kinda like the Never mind-wedgier) and said monster will attack.

Suggestion for next chapter title: Escalation.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:25 am 
It could be that they can't flux home because their anima are tied to this world. They have to find a way to separate from their anima.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2087 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat