Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Are you rooting for...
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:54 pm 
...the strip to wrap up, or continue forever?

Right now it looks like it could honestly go either way. I mean, when you flux anywhere, that's usually at least a year or two's new story arcs.

Personally, I love the strip, and it's been in my life now for fifteen years --it predates either my wife or my kids in my life.

But I'd like it to wrap up, because after 20 years of material, I'd like to see all those loose ends get tied up. I mean, how many times do you get to see something you've been watching develop for more than a decade come to final fruition? And that was what Pete promised us...

What about you, which way are you leaning?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:16 am 
I would like it to continue indefinitely, but to quote the 12th Doctor, "I don't like endings."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:45 pm 
Can't we have both? Wrapping up old story arcs while starting new ones?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:06 am 
Xhin wrote:

I like your idea!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:34 am 
All I'm interested in is seeing Sluggy pass the 27 year mark, so Pete breaks Dave Sims' record with Cerebus. XD

This would be a purely longevity-based milestone of course, since the comic already broke Cerebus's 6000 page length a few years ago (it's nearly impossible to track Sluggy by page count, but Pete made a post back in Sept 18th 2017 stating that the archive team had to update 6,696 pages, so it happened 696 pages before that date).

Granted, for overall longevity as a creator-owned comic with a continuous storyline, it has to contend with Savage Dragon's still ongoing run that started back in 92. Plus, Kirkman has stated multiple times that he'll continue writing The Walking Dead till he dies. Buuut I think even if Sluggy does end one day, there will be a small window in there where it will be known as the longest ever creator-owned comic with a continuous storyline. I'm sure of it!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:49 pm 
I'm all about the endings. I've been waiting to see how this ends... I'd like to not have to wait until the heat death of the universe...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 am 
Tbh now that I know the deal with Oasis and Kusasha, I'm happy for it to float on for several more years before further Big Reveals And Tying Up Of Plot Threads.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Xhin wrote:

I like your idea!

Seconded.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:21 am 
I'm torn. I'm torn.

I would like to see all this story-lines wrapped up and the story finally put to an epic end. We've seen the end of the Vampire chronicles, we have seen the end of Hereti Corp and learned how timeless space works and how to escape it.
I think the last big thing is to find a way to permanently destroy K'Z'K.

There are some minor arcs like a rogue Kusari (certainly not as dangerous as a Kusari backed up by a powerful global cooperation), the final duel between Oasis and bun-bun or the Torg Potter storyline, and and and ...
... I think there is material for at least a 5 to 10 years to properly wrap up all of these things.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat