Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post subject: Belated introduction
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:54 am 
I've been reading Sluggy off and on since... jeez, around 1999, I think, not that long after the Lysindan vampires story, back when I was just a wee one. I understand the comic's wrapping up (hopefully not too soon), so I thought I'd better register to partake of the juicy spec that'll take place as Pete starts tying the last threads together and bringing things to a close.

Post subject: Re: Belated introduction
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:18 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Belated welcome to the forum Lemarc!

1999 huh? Wasn't till around 2005 or so for me. Don't really remember what arc. Just started from the beginning and continued until I couldn't go any farther. Didn't really think about what arc it was when I got there.

I figure we have at least two more years before Pete wraps the all of the dangling plots. Though considering how long the last arc took... After that though, he was kind of leaning towards continuing with some more "smaller" stories. Of course like most things, it will unfortunately end at some point.

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions