Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:25 am 
It's tricky to say one way or the other because the Kusaris and Oasis are both extremely good tacticians.

So what are we thinkin for the next chapter? Romp in a random dimension, or a 'Living Conditions' type storyline? I'd love them to explore a new dimension, but it seems like Riff has the DFA tech on lock these days.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:22 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
It's tricky to say one way or the other because the Kusaris and Oasis are both extremely good tacticians.

So what are we thinkin for the next chapter? Romp in a random dimension, or a 'Living Conditions' type storyline? I'd love them to explore a new dimension, but it seems like Riff has the DFA tech on lock these days.

I'm leaning toward romp in a random dimension. It could be fun, and while Riff seems to know how to get back, I'm not sure he can control where he is going.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:18 pm 
I’m hoping for some quality spy vs spy behaviour between oasis and Sasha as the next story arc.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:53 am 
Romp it is! They're hunting for food, so it's safe to assume Riff had a 'check my notes' moment with the return feature.

Some people in Reactions pointed out that the blue things are probably everyone's "Anima" or whathaveyou, given the chapter title. I'd hate to jump to "Dimension of Anima" as its name, since it feels like a waste of "DoA" as a potential pun...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:04 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
SPEC: Zoe has no accompanying soul because she's still "ghost proof."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:15 pm 
gregnier wrote:

If that is the case, then Torg's anima has two heads to represent the dual sides of his personality ("goofy" and "hero")... both of which are ecstatic that there is possible food.

Alternatively, as was suggested by someone I don't recall exactly in Reactions, the two heads are Zoe AND Torg. I like this option too, because it shows they are soulmates.

Either works for me, really.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:11 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
gregnier wrote:

If that is the case, then Torg's anima has two heads to represent the dual sides of his personality ("goofy" and "hero")... both of which are ecstatic that there is possible food.

This was my first thought too (after someone pointed out the connection with "anima," which I did not realize in the early hours of the morning when I first read the strip. We could also say, though, his two sides are "strategic genius" and "bumbling idiot", according to Squishydodo, both of which, as you said, are ecstatic about the possibility of food.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 pm 
gregnier wrote:

I had the exact same thought. If that's true, though, I would expect Gwynn to be in a similar situation (assuming, of course, she feels that she needs the Book's protection).

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:22 pm 
Chaz is the floaty two headed thing on torg's back. The floaty thing is from a tentacle because it has gained sentience apart from the good doctor.

Spec down.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:28 am 
Hunting hijinks will ensue, and then they will stumble into the realization of what the blue things are.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:29 pm 
I'm actually wondering they can even SEE the anima-things. Nobody seems to be reacting, but it has been three days so they may just have accepted them and moved on.

Since everyone (except POSSIBLY Zoe, though she does have a little blue dot almost off-screen) has one, and not just Torg, it's not Chaz. I spec that when we see him, if he has one, it's a little diamond ala Kron's symbol.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:02 pm 
Two big reveals I'm waiting for in this chapter:

1) What is Zoe's Anima? The fact that Pete seems to be deliberately keeping it hidden from us (you can see what I assume is the tip of it over her shoulder in the second panel on 1/16 and off the edge next to her in the first panel on 1/18) means it's going to be surprising or interesting.

2) The Book of E-Ville is presumably with them -- what will we learn about it? We've never (to my memory) seen signs of KZK in other dimensions. Why not? I feel like we've seen indications that there's something unique about the Sluggy Prime dimension and its relation to KZK and the gods -- will we learn anything about that? What happens if the bug shows up in a different dimension?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 pm 
gezi00 wrote:
Two big reveals I'm waiting for in this chapter:

2) The Book of E-Ville is presumably with them -- what will we learn about it? We've never (to my memory) seen signs of KZK in other dimensions. Why not? I feel like we've seen indications that there's something unique about the Sluggy Prime dimension and its relation to KZK and the gods -- will we learn anything about that? What happens if the bug shows up in a different dimension?

As much as I'd like to see Poopy Pants meeting his alternate dimensional selves, I assuming he can't dimension jump since he's a pillar of existence.

Although I love the idea of a romantic spanish Poopy Pants who loves to kill to flamenco music. And had been renamed El Poopo Butto.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I did say that I was going to lock it when it made it to 200 pages. Well, here we are.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat