Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:20 am 
The plan of Oasis crisping her current body and rebirthing might have a potential problem if there is in fact another Kusari still out there.
Kusari knows where the rebirth facility is.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:55 am 
But is she just self-immolating...or taking the whole damn response team with her? Hard to tell with that panel, but the fire looks pretty big

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:02 am 
Time for Steve to pop up.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:37 pm 
Kesandru wrote:

As a memory, or as a living person? ;)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:00 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

As a memory, or as a living person? ;)

I vote for living person - er, clone. All known clones are dead, but we don't know if those were the only ones activated - or even if it was the original Dr. Steve that was destroyed in that initial explosion...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I'm still holding out for Roberts to come back.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 am 
Okay, so, we see Kusari in the van waking up. And I wondered why her "sleeping" version didn't dream-shout "SISTER!" when her other clones were burning up and shouted. That seems to be consistent. Then I realized that maybe this was BEFORE that happened. We haven't seen a third active clone in a while. When the third Kusari got shot by McKay, I think we assumed that the third one was in the cloning facility.
BUT, I think this is her, waking up, after she has been shot. The one in the cloning facility is the fourth one that they can switch into...there always seems to be a fourth one they can switch to. Four bodies out, but only three active. So this is before the other two have been immolated. So at some point, two more will become active. So there will still be THREE Kusaris. And they will NOT be happy.
And I never said it, but I figured they had moved at least SOME of the clones out of there...it would be stupid to leave them there where they were more vulnerable. Still, it looks like there are only a handful...8-10 maybe?

Kusari DOES seem to have a sinister purpose, now. With Noah Zark involved, and the "Links System Hardware" box off to the side. Don't know what she has planned.

As for Oasis, she SEEMS like she is cracking...but maybe she just finally feels free. I am hoping she goes back to the Zalias. But she probably will feel the need to battle the Kusari threat. The TRUE threat. Damn, this sucks. Maybe if Riff had accepted the "apology".

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:11 pm 
kromiller wrote:

Kusari DOES seem to have a sinister purpose, now. With Noah Zark involved, and the "Links System Hardware" box off to the side. Don't know what she has planned.
As for Oasis, she SEEMS like she is cracking...but maybe she just finally feels free. I am hoping she goes back to the Zalias. But she probably will feel the need to battle the Kusari threat. The TRUE threat. Damn, this sucks. Maybe if Riff had accepted the "apology".

I’m expecting a firmware update from Zark with modern computing power. Let your minds explore those possibilities. :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:49 pm 
Well, here I am, my first spec posting, and part of what I was going to say is on shaky ground. At least some of the spare KuSashas are still in the DoN. I don't think that's what's in the cryo-chamber Sasha was touching, because the figure is clothed and definitely does not have an hourglass figure (and isn't skinny ENOUGH for Teresa). I suspect it's male. Could it be Zark? When did we see him last?

I noticed what I thought was a number pattern among our mystery women about a year and a half ago, that each was tied to an integer, Monicruel to 1 (the monocle), Slaughteresa to 2 (the pigtails), Sasha to 3 (all over the place), and Oasis to 4 (the pigtails again). I wanted to ask if anyone could point to anything tying Kusari to 5 -- since she came after Oasis. However, we now know Kusari IS Sasha, and therefore anything implying Sasha is senior to Oasis is bogus, and we know how she is tied to 3 (or, at least, one way she is tied has been revealed). We know (or think we know) that M and ST's "mother" was the DNA source from which Oasis was originally cloned -- but that hasn't been confirmed. We think there is a tie between her and the twin goddesses of Mokaduhn, but don't know what. And we DON'T know why Sasha looks so much like Monicruel.

Be that as it may, I have a NEW spec. It occurred to me that lots of the open threads around HC's wanton fluxing of so many victims could be quickly resolved if their cloning of Riff's tech was off in one little detail: the HC destination isn't randomly RE-chosen each time but always sends the target to the same alternate dimension. Monicruel would have arrived with the first really major set of victims -- Crushestro employees -- and would have assumed leadership. The first set of fluxed that might have cooperated against her would have been the HC REA pilots who fluxed each other -- and they'd have been more likely to have continued fluxing each other into new dimensions until there was only one left in each one. Riff arrived in orbit, and immediately returned, without looking at the planet below. Now, the whole gang goes there, finds Monicruel, the Crushestro survivors, the busload of nuns, and the Kusari rebirth facility, and a few others of lesser note. Hilarity ensues. When it subsides and it's time for the gang to return, they have a problem. They can only return as much mass as they brought, or as many entities, or whatever.

But if the Shankcrafts elect to stay, and Frog has found a race of sentient frogs that think he is a god or the most handsome frog ever or whatever, and the nuns are quite happy fulfilling what they see as their destined calling ministering to the locals (native or fluxed) they could bring Monicruel and (I thought at the time) the comatose but breathing body of Kusasha with them. That last part is open for revision now, but it would be a neat way and not at all canon-busting to tie several things up at once.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:02 pm 
@Jochi: The male body in Kusasha's van is Noah Zark - that is what the label says. Sasha may look like Monicruel for the same reason that Slaughterteresa resembles Oasis - they are all family (or DNA-related).

I think Kromiller is correct about the timeline - and that suggests that this Kusasha was awake and plotting while the Sasha & Polsk Kusashas were trying to seduce Riff. I don't think that the Kusashas were really 'coming back' to the gang, rather they were simply getting along to go along - at least until they could get Earthside. The only unexplained action was them sparing Oasis - and specifically forcing Montgomery to 'make her whole' again. Rather than some "goodness" that crept in once they were free of Schlock's control (not necessarily hC's), Kusasha has something planned for O.A.S.I.S. - beyond some epic but anticlimatic "final" battle. I might even suspect a hidden planted "order" that has yet to activate for Oasis - but means that she is not yet free... No, Oasis cannot return to the Zahlias yet...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
I’m expecting a firmware update from Zark with modern computing power. Let your minds explore those possibilities. :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha: :sasha:

Oh, that makes sense! I had been wondering why him, but Sasha would want to upgrade herself.
However, was this what they originally put Zark on ice for?
Who else might rise from cryogenic prison? I think I have to go back and re-read everything since Mokhadun...

I have a feeling though that these questions will go unanswered for awhile as we switch to a new storyline.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 am 
I just hope they don't overclock her to the point of burning out the old hardware! Lol.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:57 am 
swmartian wrote:
@Jochi: The male body in Kusasha's van is Noah Zark - that is what the label says. Sasha may look like Monicruel for the same reason that Slaughterteresa resembles Oasis - they are all family (or DNA-related).

I think Kromiller is correct about the timeline - and that suggests that this Kusasha was awake and plotting while the Sasha & Polsk Kusashas were trying to seduce Riff. I don't think that the Kusashas were really 'coming back' to the gang, rather they were simply getting along to go along - at least until they could get Earthside. The only unexplained action was them sparing Oasis - and specifically forcing Montgomery to 'make her whole' again. Rather than some "goodness" that crept in once they were free of Schlock's control (not necessarily hC's), Kusasha has something planned for O.A.S.I.S. - beyond some epic but anticlimatic "final" battle. I might even suspect a hidden planted "order" that has yet to activate for Oasis - but means that she is not yet free... No, Oasis cannot return to the Zahlias yet...

Kusari acting ''sorry'' being an act is quite plausible in general, but her feelings did seem genuine enough. No, not the direct apologies she gave to Torg and the rest (http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2018-09-14), these could be seen as an act. I 'm referring to the flashbacks of her sulking and struggling to apologize the first time:

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2013-01-01

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2013-01-04

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:53 pm 
Scumbag_Undead wrote:
swmartian wrote:

Kusari acting ''sorry'' being an act is quite plausible in general, but her feelings did seem genuine enough. No, not the direct apologies she gave to Torg and the rest (http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2018-09-14), these could be seen as an act. I 'm referring to the flashbacks of her sulking and struggling to apologize the first time:

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2013-01-01

http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2013-01-04

Well, I'm not entirely convinced that the 1/4/13 strip was all genuine. We've seen how good of an actress she can be, and I'm not sure that wasn't all about trying to plant a seed of doubt in Torg, at least, that she might later exploit - or try to exploit - if she needed to do so (as in http://archives.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=20170510 (and subsequent strips)). Interesting that it did not work on Torg, given how trusting he can be...

If Kromiller is correct about the timeline, then this Kusasha was plotting evil (we're assuming), when the other two were making nice. Perhaps she did "bond" with the gang at some point and perhaps she still wishes she could just be Sasha, but right now she has something else going on that would have overridden those feelings even if Oasis had not torched the other two. Now the question is whether she's making independent decisions now, whether there is someone else now in charge of hC that she is answering to, or whether she had original programming that overrode even Schlock (remember she ('independently') killed Roberts while Schlock was still alive) that she is now acting on...

I have a feeling that there is still more to the O.A.S.I.S. and Kusari story that we still do not know...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 am 
swmartian wrote:
Well, I'm not entirely convinced that the 1/4/13 strip was all genuine. We've seen how good of an actress she can be, and I'm not sure that wasn't all about trying to plant a seed of doubt in Torg, at least, that she might later exploit - or try to exploit - if she needed to do so (as in http://archives.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=20170510 (and subsequent strips)). Interesting that it did not work on Torg, given how trusting he can be...

If Kromiller is correct about the timeline, then this Kusasha was plotting evil (we're assuming), when the other two were making nice. Perhaps she did "bond" with the gang at some point and perhaps she still wishes she could just be Sasha, but right now she has something else going on that would have overridden those feelings even if Oasis had not torched the other two. Now the question is whether she's making independent decisions now, whether there is someone else now in charge of hC that she is answering to, or whether she had original programming that overrode even Schlock (remember she ('independently') killed Roberts while Schlock was still alive) that she is now acting on...

I have a feeling that there is still more to the O.A.S.I.S. and Kusari story that we still do not know...

What you say is also quite plausible. Guess we'll see.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat