Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:35 pm 
I've been reading this strip for about 17 years, with a couple of hiatuses. Tried to register a year and a half ago and fouled it up by entering and confirming an old dead email address, and took that as an excuse to go back to procrastinating. I'm trying again now for the same reason I did then, because a spec was eating at me something fierce. The other one proved false. This one likely will too.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum Jochi!

Yeah, old email addresses that you can no longer access does create problems. I've had that problem a few times. To think when I first was the internet, I had to pay for my own email address. Of course I had dial-up as well, with blazing 5KB a second download speed!

Yup, my spec tends to be way wrong all the time as well.

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:00 pm 
I'm aware of that restriction and will abide by it, but I admit to being curious about its origins. And by golly, today's release cries out for reactions that are very speculative.

Still, poetry... I'm not very good at haiku

Loquatious Lepus
Deadly but distracted by
Baywatch videos

But I can do limericks

A near-peerless icon of bearness
In choosing foes proved to be careless
For he challenged the bun,
and when the bunny was done
It wasn't the strip that was hare-less.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Whelp, the no speculation in Reactions came about due to someone's spec Reactions that was correct. Now when most peoples' spec comes true, they say, "Hey, I was right! For once..." This person though, said, "Hey, you stole my idea and are not crediting me! No way you were going to do that originally!" So to head off any more of that nastiness, spec was outlawed and Pete limited himself to only reading posts in Reactions.

Alright, I see some poetry. I'll go and look in dimensional storage for an...appropriate gift. Wait here.

Here you go! A robotic Bun-Bun! It's just like the real thing in every way.

Well, okay, not exactly like Bun-Bun. I mean it is called Lug-Lug... Is a wombat with zebra stripes... Threatens people with a mechanical click pen... Loves watching old episodes of Knight Rider... And hates people who send junk mail... So in other words, it is uncanny how much it is exactly like Bun-Bun.

Have fun "playing" with Lug-Lug!

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions