Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
ramoss wrote:
But, at last one 'kusari clone facility' has been DFA'ed.

So now she's an extremely limited resource.

At least in this dimension!

I wonder what would happen if another kursari clone facility got DFA'ed into this dimension.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:34 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:
ramoss wrote:
But, at last one 'kusari clone facility' has been DFA'ed.

So now she's an extremely limited resource.

At least in this dimension!

Now I want to know where the Kusari cloning facility ended up.

I just hope it wasn't the DoP.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:49 am 
Kusari just spine-kicked Torg out of the station. I know Torg wants to trust her, and I know he thinks that at the very least, she has self-preservation in mind. I don't want Torg to be wrong. But I don't think she has his best interests in mind.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 am 
Quote:

On the first page of this spec discussion, there's a theory that Kusari is Mosp.

So perhaps it did end up in the DoP

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:31 pm 
seebert42 wrote:
Quote:

On the first page of this spec discussion, there's a theory that Kusari is Mosp.

So perhaps it did end up in the DoP

Except that we know Mosp's backstory - and she was not Sasha.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:27 pm 
A brief back-and-forth in the reactions thread for 11/29 between Rombobjorn and myself leads me to ask... how many Kusaris are left?

We know there are two active on the station. There was a third active in her rebirth facility when it was DFA'd. The question is, what about the one that was offline in the truck? Is she still sleeping out there somewhere? If the router for Kusari's three bodies is complete in a satellite, could that body now be active (since the one in the facility was presumablty ZAPPO'd out of range)? Alternatively, if the rebirth facility is required to activate a Kusari, is that body now doomed to sleep forever?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:23 pm 
AOL: Pug+Smasher
Thom Solo wrote:
A brief back-and-forth in the reactions thread for 11/29 between Rombobjorn and myself leads me to ask... how many Kusaris are left?

We know there are two active on the station. There was a third active in her rebirth facility when it was DFA'd. The question is, what about the one that was offline in the truck? Is she still sleeping out there somewhere? If the router for Kusari's three bodies is complete in a satellite, could that body now be active (since the one in the facility was presumablty ZAPPO'd out of range)? Alternatively, if the rebirth facility is required to activate a Kusari, is that body now doomed to sleep forever?

Edit: wait a minute, wasn't the one asleep in the truck one of the ones that subsequently came up in space? Or is she still there, I don't recall. Really makes sense given the very sudden execution on Oasis' part that there is still a Kusari out there.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:56 pm 
The Kusari asleep in the truck was one of the two that went into space and was killed by Oasis in the Musky 5 en-route to the station.

The US soldier Kusari "Polsk" stayed on the ground inactive after assisting with their takeoff.

There was a Kusari already on the station who was shot by Agent McKay while fighting Bun-Bun in the station lab.

Two new Kusaris were decanted at the rebirth facility, one of whom went into space with Polsk in the Musky 6. We don't actually know what happened to the other, we've been assuming it was the one standing in the rebirth facility window when it got fluxed, but it may not have been.

Given the timeline, there should have been another Kusari clone decanted to replace the shot one on the station just before the facility got fluxed. It may have been her we saw.

Which would make some sense, as the Kusaris had to fight their way to Musky 6, so one may have acted as rearguard whilst Poslk and the other stole the shuttle and may still be at large.

We know there were at least 4 Kusaris at a time, with one inactive. So we have one potentially still out there.
Sigma_100 wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:

Edit: wait a minute, wasn't the one asleep in the truck one of the ones that subsequently came up in space? Or is she still there, I don't recall. Really makes sense given the very sudden execution on Oasis' part that there is still a Kusari out there.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:28 am 
erewhon wrote:
The Kusari asleep in the truck was one of the two that went into space and was killed by Oasis in the Musky 5 en-route to the station.

The US soldier Kusari "Polsk" stayed on the ground inactive after assisting with their takeoff.

There was a Kusari already on the station who was shot by Agent McKay while fighting Bun-Bun in the station lab.

Two new Kusaris were decanted at the rebirth facility, one of whom went into space with Polsk in the Musky 6. We don't actually know what happened to the other, we've been assuming it was the one standing in the rebirth facility window when it got fluxed, but it may not have been.

Given the timeline, there should have been another Kusari clone decanted to replace the shot one on the station just before the facility got fluxed. It may have been her we saw.

Which would make some sense, as the Kusaris had to fight their way to Musky 6, so one may have acted as rearguard whilst Poslk and the other stole the shuttle and may still be at large.

We know there were at least 4 Kusaris at a time, with one inactive. So we have one potentially still out there.
Sigma_100 wrote:
Thom Solo wrote:

Thanks for doing this! I'd wanted to, but haven't had time

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:59 pm 
WLM: mmisbetterthenyou@hotmail
AOL: FIABMike
The Kusasha reveal makes this strip so much better.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:33 pm 
Jeez, Torg was really surrounded by vipers then, wasn't he?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:49 pm 
AOL: Pug+Smasher
Looks like the Sasha in the truck was still there after all, with a bunch more clones stashed away in the back. Hah!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am 
erewhon wrote:

Hmm…in light of recent events, it looks like it must have been some other clone that went into space in the Musky 5 and was killed en-route by Oasis. I'd have to spend a bit more time digging through the archives to figure out which clone that was, though.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
erewhon wrote:

Hmm…in light of recent events, it looks like it must have been some other clone that went into space in the Musky 5 and was killed en-route by Oasis. I'd have to spend a bit more time digging through the archives to figure out which clone that was, though.

It's not really a big mystery.

Per the 4/13/2018 strip, there was a Kusari asleep in the truck while two others--one ninja and one miltary (Polsk)--active on the base, while a third (ninja) Kusari was active on the station.

The one on the station later changed outfits, went to the cargo bay to face Oasis, and ended up shot by McKay if memory serves. (That Kusari's hood, btw, ended up worn by Zoe, leading a drunken frog to think she WAS Kusari.)

The two that were fighting at the military base, meanwhile, stole a shuttle of some kind and went up to the station. They were eventually both incinerated by Oasis along with everyone else in the Silver Awl.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:54 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
It's not really a big mystery.

Ah, cool, it looks like I was just overthinking things—Occam's Razor to the rescue! :)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat