Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:09 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
--It's--
Onesday, Twosday, Threesday, Foursday, Fivesday, Sixesday, Sevensday.
--The--
Ist, Iind, Iiird, Ivth, Veth, Vith, Viith, Viiith, Ixth, Xeth, Xith, Xiith, Xiiith, Xixth, Xveth, Xvith, Xviith, Xviiith, Xixth, Xxeth, Xxist, Xxiind, Xxiiird, Xxivth, Xxveth, Xxvith, Xxviith, Xxviiith, Xxixth, Xxxeth, Xxxist.
--In--
Onesuary, Twosuary, Threech, Fouril, Favy, Sixne, Sevely, Eightust, Ninember, Tenober, Eleveber, Twelvember.
--Of--
..., Bimillidecahex, Bimillidecahept, Bimillidecaoct, Bimillidecanov, Bimillibideca, ...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote everyday!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 am 
They really should have kept a closer eye on Bun Bun, or even considered taking him out a long time ago... On another note, what does Oasis mean, ''it's only fair''? Wouldn't she have helped save them either way? (Assuming she could).

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 am 
I keep forgetting they have the XT-34. But apparently no time. Indeed, Torg, what do they do?

Scumbag_Undead wrote:
On another note, what does Oasis mean, ''it's only fair''? Wouldn't she have helped save them either way? (Assuming she could).
I think her new-found independence just doesn't want hey to acquiesce immediately.

Scumbag_Undead wrote:
They really should have kept a closer eye on Bun Bun, or even considered taking him out a long time ago...? (Assuming she could).

Of late, Bun bun has been seeming more like a team player. He had his own agenda, but so did the team, and for awhile, they coincided.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:40 am 
So does Riff figure the incoming missiles, and subsequent fiery re-entry of all the little pieces, won't sufficiently scrub the DFA data?

And what does Bun-Bun plan to do? Gwynn seems to think he's going to stay in space. I doubt Bun-Bun would stay long in a tiny shuttle, though I'm not sure if that thing is land-able.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 am 
Can :oasis: actually burn anything? I thought the fire gun had been removed from her satellite in preparation for installing the DFA.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 am 
garyfritz wrote:
So does Riff figure the incoming missiles, and subsequent fiery re-entry of all the little pieces, won't sufficiently scrub the DFA data?

With real orbital physics, only some of the little pieces will re-enter. Most of them (depending on the orbital height, and the delta-v the average piece recieve from the explosion) will stay in space, being a hazard for satelites.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:33 am 
LOVE Gwynn's outfit. Poor girl. Don't forget your other cappy captain then since bunbun ditched you!

I guess Bunbun is (supposedly) gonna be the only one left with a function DFA. With a functional space ship and crew. Wonder where he'll end up!

(I can totally see Pete leaving the story like that if he was indeed wrapping things up after the wonderful 20 years!)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 pm 
migB wrote:
With real orbital physics, only some of the little pieces will re-enter. Most of them (depending on the orbital height, and the delta-v the average piece recieve from the explosion) will stay in space, being a hazard for satelites.

Point. (Like the not-Chinese satellite hC blew up already.)

So some pieces will exit the explosion in a down/rearward direction, and those will probably spiral in and burn on re-entry. Much of it will stay in space. But I would still think being blown into itty-bitty pieces and then sprayed throughout orbital space would make the data fairly hard to recover. Maybe if the missile wasn't bang-y enough and it didn't destroy the (disks? flash storage?) holding the data? Still, you'd have to come into orbit and find it, which would be finding a needle in a VERY big haystack.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:17 pm 
Scumbag_Undead wrote:
On another note, what does Oasis mean, ''it's only fair''? Wouldn't she have helped save them either way? (Assuming she could).

I think that was just a bit of snark in reaction to Riff saying launching her satellite was something that they did not have time for - and then turning around and asking her to use the capabilities granted by that satellite launch...
seebert42 wrote:
Can :oasis: actually burn anything? I thought the fire gun had been removed from her satellite in preparation for installing the DFA.

I guess we're about to find out whether Dr. Montgomery re-installed it as part of putting her back together or not...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:00 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
It's not clear who knew that ability was ever removed.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions