Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:05 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Just for yucks, what did an actual analysis of a sample from the slag heap discover besides iron and gold?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:38 pm 
There's a few other useful minerals as well, the exact specifics of which will remain undefined until becomes useful to define them.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Did Zalasbra ever explain why the gun needed to he made of bronze instead of iron? Does it have anything to do with Piper finding iron to be icky?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:43 pm 
Kajin wrote:
Did Zalasbra ever explain why the gun needed to he made of bronze instead of iron?

No; possibly because nobody asked.

Kajin wrote:
Does it have anything to do with Piper finding iron to be icky?

Perhaps.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Is it possible to buy your way into nobility or does it require service to the realm?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 pm 
Getting into the nobility requires nothing more or less than the official approval of the Crown. Sometimes that approval can be bought, sometimes it can't.

In the present political situation, though, that means (in practical terms) getting the approval of the Primate Raven.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Which means we aren't getting it, seeing as how much he likes us. Unless we can work the appropriate angles...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm 
Well, there is more than one Elene kingdom. I guess you could always try to see if the King of Thalesia, or Lamorkand, is feeling a little more accommodating. Or you could try curing the Queen, removing the Primate's power, and then banking on her gratitude to earn a title. I mean, that would probably count as 'Service To The Realm' all by itself.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
One hopes she survives.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Can I spend a fate point to give the mine veins of coal as well? Perhaps the coal went unfound because it was deeper than the iron and our excavations uncovered it?

Next level-up I'm thinking of dropping Ladies Man and picking up Personal Gadget High Tech Tool Kit.+4 Engineering +2 Science. If I roll a +4 to engineering and tag all my relevant aspects that's a theoretical +21 to an engineering roll. WHO'S THE GADGETEER NOW?!

I just had a brilliant idea. Arrange some time alone with Lycheas the Bastard somehow. Acquire his DNA. Spend a fate point to say he's a genetic match to the Queen for the purposes of organ transplant. Use his DNA to grow organs so we have something ready and waiting for transplant into her.

Now is a prime time to be throwing some compels my way. Laser Focus or Fortune Roulette and Felix takes a hit and gains a consequence he might not otherwise have gotten.

I suppose now that we have a source of iron and gold we should finally look into those trading companies everyone is always offering to introduce us to. Make some steel farming tools. Awaken a jeweler and fashion the gold into rings and necklaces. Get some business going. Felix would be excited about that.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:37 am 
Kajin wrote:
Can I spend a fate point to give the mine veins of coal as well? Perhaps the coal went unfound because it was deeper than the iron and our excavations uncovered it?

What on earth do you need coal for? The colony already has plenty of wood for fuel.

Kajin wrote:
I just had a brilliant idea. Arrange some time alone with Lycheas the Bastard somehow. Acquire his DNA. Spend a fate point to say he's a genetic match to the Queen for the purposes of organ transplant. Use his DNA to grow organs so we have something ready and waiting for transplant into her.

Doctor Vanderbilt can already 3D-print organs with almost no chance of rejection. That's not the tricky part. The tricky part will be keeping the Queen alive long enough to implant them.

Mind you, if you got hold of his DNA and looked around a bit, there's a chance you might be able to figure out who his father is. (He certainly didn't get that title because his father's identity was well-known).

Kajin wrote:
Now is a prime time to be throwing some compels my way. Laser Focus or Fortune Roulette and Felix takes a hit and gains a consequence he might not otherwise have gotten.

You think these guys are actually going to be able to land a hit on you at all? Turning a miss into a one- or two-stress hit is not, I think, worthy of a Compel.

Quote:
I suppose now that we have a source of iron and gold we should finally look into those trading companies everyone is always offering to introduce us to. Make some steel farming tools. Awaken a jeweler and fashion the gold into rings and necklaces. Get some business going. Felix would be excited about that.

Those reputable trading companies have got to be more reliable than Mark & Marque.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:03 am 
Would pepper spray fall under guns or weapons?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:13 am 
I'd say pepper spray would be Weapons. But a taser would be Guns.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:50 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Maybe we should keep this to a time limit. Say you have one day to post for combat or the turn proceeds without you.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:12 am 
We can do that. If everyone agrees that we should do so, and on what that time limit should be, then I'll implement it. (If everyone agrees on having a time limit and doesn't agree what the time limit should be, then the time limit will be the longest one proposed).

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG