Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:15 am 
Yes, Torg & Zoe will get married, and we will finally FIND OUT TORG'S LAST NAME!!!! as part of the wedding, or shortly thereafter because of it.

That's my spec.

We've got Riff & Zoe, so it just leaves Gwynn (Aylee, BunBun, Kiki, Oasis & Kusashi don't have last names)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:03 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
If, if, Torg and Zoe get married, I wouldn't be surprised if Pete has Torg take Zoe's last name instead.

Torg Sluggy Bean

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:44 pm 
migB wrote:
:torg: :zoe: are getting married. Bun-bun can perform the service as captain of the space-ship.

DOH!
So close but wrong couple.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 pm 
Hmm. Pete seems to make a point of reminding us that the DIRE R.E.A. is equipped with a DFA. I'm guessing that they have made no progress taking out the A.I., and that once on board the A.I. will take over the suit and reaim the DFA at LA.

I'm thinking that is my lamest spec, yet, as I can't think of any reason that the A.I. couldn't have taken over the REA before it was brought on board. But such spec would serve to produce another DIRE emergency before all is right with the world. Um, I mean in space.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:59 pm 
The A.I. already had control of the DIRE-R.E.A. though. Isn't that where the missiles that blew up Schlock came from?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm 
Well, to start with, I did say that spec was my lamest ever. :-) That said, it is not clear how much of what Schlock set up to kill himself (I mean, defend himself) was merely "standard" programmed defenses independent of the A.I., and how much of it was run specifically by the A.I.

That reasoning may be a stretch, but I suspect that we are not quite completely rid of Schlock (or rather, what Schlock left behind) yet. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Bun-Bun's greed will come back to bite them one way or the other. Put the two of those suspicions together, and my spec doesn't seem quite that lame? On the other hand, Bun-Bun's piracy may have just been a literary pretense to rescue Chachi Cha - as leaving him out there to slowly suffocate would be unusually cruel.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:19 pm 
Totally Wild Spec: a salvo of deadly (nuclear?) missiles is heading for the station. Most of them hit, but two lock onto the escaping XT-34 containing our heroes and follow it towards Earth. All seems lost, but then they get close enough to the surface for Gwynn's magic to activate, and she gets to be the hero for once.

Bonus points if she saves the day by randomly transforming the missiles into a bowl of petunias and a sperm whale. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:25 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
Totally Wild Spec: a salvo of deadly (nuclear?) missiles is heading for the station. Most of them hit, but two lock onto the escaping XT-34 containing our heroes and follow it towards Earth. All seems lost, but then they get close enough to the surface for Gwynn's magic to activate, and she gets to be the hero for once.

Missiles are entirely possible. They were my first thought. Any nation paying attention to the sky will have noticed something suspicious.
Thom Solo wrote:
size=50]Bonus points if she saves the day by randomly transforming the missiles into a bowl of petunias and a sperm whale. ;)[/size]

"Oh no, not again"

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:51 am 
I wonder if we'll get some Bun bun adventures after this as an interlude before going back to Torg et al.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
I wonder if we'll get some Bun bun adventures after this as an interlude before going back to Torg et al.

I wonder if Bun Bun is going back to Timeless Space?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:00 pm 
RCG wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:

I wonder if Bun Bun is going back to Timeless Space?

That was my thought as well.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:04 pm 
Pete said in his news on 12/16/18 that the next story would be a shorter one.

Thoughts on what it might be?
A jaunt in Timeless Space with Bun-bun?
RECAP with the team back on earth?
Funny everyone learning to live with each other ala Safehouse?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:52 am 
So now there is a Kusari satellite all alone with a consciousness, but no remaining clones and no clone facility to generate more.

Or does she? The Kusasha's were supervising Dr Montgomery in the reconstruction of the OASIS satellite and were aware that they were the last of their kind. They also knew the location of the OASIS regen facility. Maybe they had the doc patch them through so we might see a couple OASIS bodied Kusaris?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:27 pm 
Here's my, probably erroneous, guess as to what happens next:

Oasis will crash deflate the XT-34 and put it in her pocket. Then she'll literally dodge her way out of there and be non-lethal.
Note: Outside of Override B-1, Oasis has tended to be very precise in killing her targets or anyone (or anything) stupid enough to attack her. She has the ability to escape without actually needing to kill.

Of course, she'll run into Kusari and we'll see the, possibly final, confrontation between the two.
And I'll post a silly response with some music that I think fits the situation.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:54 am 
I think we'll get a quick arc of Oasis going back to the Zalias before we go to the other dimension.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat