Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Schlock's Escape Route
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:54 am 
The space station's docks are down, and too public anyhow. Schlock could have a private dock which is still up, but that's too easy to find from outside the station - Schlock's 'safe room' has to be better hidden than that, if for no other reason than his paranoia.

And anyone leaving the space station by ship now could be tracked and noticed by The World when it comes knocking. No, Schlock wouldn't risk that.

So where, one might ask, exactly is he planning to escape to?

I think he'd planning to escape through time - to the future or the past. After all, we do know he knows a thing or two about time travel; and he's certainly had plenty of time to use HC resources to fill in any gaps in his knowledge. And, of course, to actually build the time machine as well.

And he won't escape to the future. If he jumps ahead (say) six months, or longer, then Riff might find his time machine, check the records, and be waiting when he arrives - and he can hardly usefully jump ahead less than that. No, the only place it makes sense for him to jump into is the past... and then, once there, he needs to make some sort of significant change to the time line, that will split time into multiple timelines again. (The exact nature of this change isn't important. Maybe he'll just anonymously warn his younger self of a few things, that might well be enough on its own) Then he'll never run into this timeline's Team Torg again, unless Riff takes the effort to deliberately hunt him down (and if he does it right, he has another Younger Self to redirect the invading Riff-and-Torg at as well).

So, in short; I theorise that Dr. Schlock is about to (attempt to) escape via a time machine to the past, then splitting off a new timeline.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:19 am 
That's a very interesting conjecture!

Wasn't it Schlock that sent Berk back in the first place? So he knows time machines. He gave Riff the inflatable Time Fly. He made the time blaster in his future, and came back to live out his days in peace and safety.

You're right, I think! Maybe that IS schlock's plan!

We will know soon enough...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:30 am 
He put in too much work to erase it all by splitting the timeline.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:19 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
He put in too much work to erase it all by splitting the timeline.

Schlock doesn't care. He is the honey badger of time travel.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:40 am 
I'm thinking he might have some sort of escape pod and hide out in some deserted place, maybe the moon, and watch the fall out to see if any of it is salvageable after the dust settles.

I've looked back at the 4U City arc, and it's not really clear where Schlock went during the annihilation event, but he definitely wasn't on the receiving end. Maybe he had an escape place too.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:42 am 
Quote:
...and he's certainly had plenty of time to use HC resources to fill in any gaps in his knowledge.

I just got a thought, and it gave me a splitting headache...
Anywho, remember when Tyler got sent back when they were testing the time-DFA. Could Schlock have improved/finished the time-DFA?
Maybe he got it to where it won't cause another blood-curdling scream? Not to mention insanity in the subject? Although, I don't think Tyler had far to go in that department...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat