Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:35 am 
I'm fairly sure Military Sasha was one of the ones Oasis stabby-stabbed on the Musky-5.

So, her brain's still intact. Good news for Sasha, and even better news for whoever's left running AOL right now. But I feel like all of this looming disaster could be prevented if Schlock would just stop and listen to Riff, and also Riff keep a level head long enough to explain the damage this plan will do to the entire universe. Remember, DoR-Schlock doesn't learn about the Timeless Space Problem until it's too late, and only with the help of older-Riff who exacerbated the problem.

Now...HOW are those two going to avoid trying to kill each other long enough to hear each other out? I don't know, but they don't have long to work out their differences, because even if Schlock screws up his getaway, something tells me that AI is gonna make quick work of that DFA

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:33 pm 
My question is what is the AI protecting? The malfunction is considering the world a threat, right? So what is it programmed to protect?

And yes, where is Schlock planning to go?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:07 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I'm fairly sure Military Sasha was one of the ones Oasis stabby-stabbed on the Musky-5.

No, military-Sasha was on the ground at that point, and later helped one of the two newly-activated Sashas take the Musky-6.

Y'know, if you flip the Master Control logo upside down, it kinda looks like a bug.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:15 am 
It also kinda looks like Urja's "eye" symbol.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:48 am 
randomlanguage wrote:
My question is what is the AI protecting? The malfunction is considering the world a threat, right? So what is it programmed to protect?

It's not about threat, it was just a malfunction that triggered the DFA sequence, possibly due to the misspelling of Agitator. But it isn't protecting anything. I wonder if they brought the Nom this time, I can't remember.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:15 am 
Over the years I've been amazed by Sluggites' crowd-sourced ability to guess even the most random and unlikely plot twists. But did you ever think real life would get crazier than The Strip?

Any of you spec-masters who feel like turning your leet skillz towards real life, come on over to POOP.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:24 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
It also kinda looks like Urja's "eye" symbol.

Y'know, eyes are a recurring motif in Sluggy, aren't they? Remember the scene of all the eyes watching the tangle in the fate web?

Personally I find it ironic that Schlock, who fled from the future to escape K'Z'K, is now created a threat just as bad. He who fought (and fled from) monsters has truly become a monster.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:59 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
Y'know, eyes are a recurring motif in Sluggy, aren't they?

Yeah, I guess they are. Remember the eyes of the Strakoistrat?

Thom Solo wrote:
Remember the scene of all the eyes watching the tangle in the fate web?

I think so…is this is the comic you're referring to? (Poor fate spider. I wonder what he's been up to since the last time we saw him?)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:06 am 
If I may paraphrase, "Be careful how long you stare into the Abyss, for the Abyss will stare back into YOU!"

I think Schlock stared too long. I don't think, at least not very often, anyway, that there's ANY redemption for Schlock any more.
IMO, the best thing that can happen to Schlock is that he gets sent to the Dimension of Pain. Let THEM play with him for a while. They're not demons of Poopypants' caliber, but they can be bad enough.
Or Timeless Space, someplace very remote and totally uninhabited. Then, when he times-out, the rest of the DON will be relatively safe from his machinations (big word for the week).
Or maybe Gwynn can get him sucked into the Book with Poopypants and Farahan.

Just my hopes anyway. I'm not usually this vindictive, but in this case, I'll make an exception!

Quote:
Yeah, I guess they are. Remember the eyes of the Strakoistrat?

I was just thinking about them, but they weren't as well defined. More like just an irregular white oval with a dot pupil. I can easily imagine them swirling slowly around, with their ovals changing shape all the time. I know, that would take animation far beyond my abilities, but I've got a really good imagination, and I can see them there...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 am 
I don't think Schlock deserves a punishment there's even the slightest possibility he could get out of. Sending him to Timeless Space or even the DoP is too lenient.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
I don't think Schlock deserves a punishment there's even the slightest possibility he could get out of. Sending him to Timeless Space or even the DoP is too lenient.

How about imprisoning his soul within the Book alongside Poopypants for all eternity?

Poetic justice, I'd say.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:32 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

How about imprisoning his soul within the Book alongside Poopypants for all eternity?

Poetic justice, I'd say.

Imprisoning his soul next to Poopypants?? That may be a punishment even too harsh for Schlock.
I've raised 5 kids of my own, and let me tell you, babys make some of THE stinkiest poopies you can possibly imagine. If that what a human baby can produce, can you imagine the horrific scent of a demon's poopy pants???
I get nauseous even considering it.

Come to think, maybe Schlock deserve such a fate...hmmmm

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:43 am 
Kesandru wrote:

If Bun-bun hadn't already used the Deus Ex Ovum, my vote would have been to toss Schlock into the Squeekybobo ball for a while…

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:00 am 
Montgomery, in explaining her gambit, may have just gave away to us how the Sun and Moon twins may be connected to all this. 'Second part' of the brain indeed...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm 
The next strip will switch scenes, leaving us hanging on Kiki's fate! (Oh, and Oasis' fate as well.)

When we do return to Oasis, Montgomery will be trying to swat Kiki, possibly with others coming onto the scene, when Oasis will stir. It will turn out that shutting off the satellite "rebooted" her organic brain so that it can run her body alone. She will become mortal (at least as long as the satellite is shut off) and lose her pyrokinetics, but otherwise be okay.

This will lead to a "fair" fight between her and Bun-bun in which he curbstomps her, thus getting that out of his system.

...that's what I'd want to see, anyway. :)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat