Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:31 am 
Now Sasha and Oasis are fighting, but... I wonder if Sasha can attack Schlock now that hC is not viable. She said she wants to "Prove... that I can have something for myself. Your head will do." Well, maybe she could also have herself for herself by eliminating Schlock.

In any case, their fight can still be a distraction to the hC security.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:36 am 
And now, the one Kusashi is fighting sleepyness. A rabbit-pipe induced concussion will do that.
We haven't seen the two on the Musky-6 for a while, either. Have they docked with the station, yet?
What happens if one of the 5 currently decanted Kussashis dies? Like the one Bun-Bun is going after. If he actually manages to kill her, another will come awake, yes, since there are what, 5 currently decanted, but there won't another decanting, will there?
I thought they "got rid of" (hid) all evidence of anything HC in that one building where all the clones were. Does that mean no new awakenings? At least for now?
Hmmm...

Isn't that right? 5 decanted at the moment? One on the station, 2 in the Musky-6, and the two that GOT them on the Musky-6? Or is one of those on the shuttle, and military-Kusashi (HATE the haircut!!) is hiding someplace on Earth still?

I'm so confused...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:21 am 
We don't know exactly what they did with the clones.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 pm 
Dilvish wrote:
And now, the one Kusashi is fighting sleepyness. A rabbit-pipe induced concussion will do that.
We haven't seen the two on the Musky-6 for a while, either. Have they docked with the station, yet?
What happens if one of the 5 currently decanted Kussashis dies? Like the one Bun-Bun is going after. If he actually manages to kill her, another will come awake, yes, since there are what, 5 currently decanted, but there won't another decanting, will there?
I thought they "got rid of" (hid) all evidence of anything HC in that one building where all the clones were. Does that mean no new awakenings? At least for now?
Hmmm...

Isn't that right? 5 decanted at the moment? One on the station, 2 in the Musky-6, and the two that GOT them on the Musky-6? Or is one of those on the shuttle, and military-Kusashi (HATE the haircut!!) is hiding someplace on Earth still?

I'm so confused...

I am not sure what you mean by decanted. There are only four Sasha bodies alive, and three are active. The one on the station, there were two that were fighting in the military base while the other was inactive and sleeping in the truck. Four bodies, three active. Then on the shuttle, one was inactive...which means that the one left back on earth was still active.
NOW that the one on the station is killed, one of two things will happen, I assume. If the Sashas that woke up at the rebirth facility saved their clones, then I am assuming another clone will wake up. Otherwise, no more clones, but the Sasha that was asleep in the shuttle will become active. She still might, if the newly awakened clone lets her.

So, four bodies, three active at a time.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:20 am 
Decanted, as in removed from the fluid they are stored in, in their tubes. Or freed from their tubes, in other words.

I just wasn't sure, after the two at the clone facility were decanted (it just seems to fit, somehow) just how many were tubeless, so to speak, and ready to wake up for action when required. Since we don't know what was done with tubes full of Kusashis, I lost count of how many were "out". And we don't know if more have been released since we saw them last.

What if they let them ALL out? They would stay asleep, but be ready to go at a moments notice. Open their eyes, get some clothes, and away they go.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:40 pm 
You know, that actually raises a pretty good question: can a Kusari clone starve? If so, I imagine that it would be logistically challenging to keep more than a handful of clones decanted and alive (i.e. not starving) at one time. That could certainly help explain why we've never seen more than one or two clones "sleeping" simultaneously.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:52 am 
Quote:
can a Kusari clone starve?

Well, we've seen her in a Burgermeister more than once. If she needs to eat, then I'd wager she can starve.
Even when that particular clone is asleep. I know *I* certainly get hungry when I sleep. I wager it's a slower process, but still.

Remember when those two recently decanted clones finished trashing the hC clone-storage facility. They macked out on the finger sandwiches embedded in the one guest death's corpse. I imagine they were hungry, even if part of their "plumbing" while en-tubed, as it were, was a feeding tube as well as an air tube. Easy enough to run the much smaller feeding tube inside the larger air tube.
I am NOT touching the subject of how the ummm...residue? of the food is disposed of, though :sasha:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:51 am 
Currently, at least one of the Sasha's seems inclined towards self-understanding. She decided not to kill Oasis, first seemingly to want to defeat her, then to understand this "glitch." Perhaps she is going to follow an arc of self-discovery as well. I'm not sure though, once she understands this "glitch," (which seems to involve painful emotions like regret) will she seek to solve it, thus eliminating the emotion in her programming?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 pm 
It would be interesting if someone put it to her as a challenge. "Oasis overcame her programming. Can you do the same?"

You mentioned that only one of them seems inclined towards self-understanding. I wonder if the two remaining Sashas are diverging, with Ninja!Sasha embodying the cold, envious aspects while Haircut!Sasha taking cues from Torg's general goodness. If that continues, I can easily see Dark Sasha trying to kill Oasis once the latter is back up and running, only for the Good Sasha to take out her twin and possibly sacrifice herself in the process.

That might be the only way for her to redeem herself.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:58 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
You mentioned that only one of them seems inclined towards self-understanding. I wonder if the two remaining Sashas are diverging, with Ninja!Sasha embodying the cold, envious aspects while Haircut!Sasha taking cues from Torg's general goodness. If that continues, I can easily see Dark Sasha trying to kill Oasis once the latter is back up and running, only for the Good Sasha to take out her twin and possibly sacrifice herself in the process.

That might be the only way for her to redeem herself.

I can see that as a possibility. After all that which redeems consumes.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 am 
Or they're not actually "allowed" to kill her.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 am 
If every Kusari have own codename, body's expected to stick around for a while. Plus it was mentioned multiple times that she's "limited resource". Maybe it means not "limited number of bodies", but "limited body production rate"? Like, Oasis' body is grown in days, but every Kusari body is grown in decades. And they have limited number of body-growing capsules.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:41 pm 
VcSaJen wrote:
If every Kusari have own codename, body's expected to stick around for a while. Plus it was mentioned multiple times that she's "limited resource". Maybe it means not "limited number of bodies", but "limited body production rate"? Like, Oasis' body is grown in days, but every Kusari body is grown in decades. And they have limited number of body-growing capsules.

But, at last one 'kusari clone facility' has been DFA'ed.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 am 
ramoss wrote:

So now she's an extremely limited resource.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:35 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
ramoss wrote:

So now she's an extremely limited resource.

At least in this dimension!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat