Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:45 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Okay, Thursday stared at the Otherday for two days straight. Can't tell if it's "amazing", but all I have is this nonsense string of characters...

Um, what in the hell did they do? Okay, that has been changed, and for stupid reasons as well.

Whelp, never mind then. What I had planned is apparently not possible anymore, and it's too late for me to figure out how to alter it to mimic my original plan. Would of never guessed that would of changed.

So...keep staring at Otherday. Maybe I'll figure something out by next week. Have an idea but it will completely break the "amazing mystery" I was aiming for.

----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote every day.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:06 am 
This strip is so quintessentially Sluggy, it's amazing.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:54 am 
Hmm. McKay must've been a red herring after all.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Man, that sister joke line had a big payout.

And while shooting Sasha might not seem like the best use of your time... you have an Oasis there and a Sasha will probably turn on you so why not go out swinging.

And Torg tazing people is awesome and reminds me of Doom Guy for some reason.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 am 
endplanets wrote:
And while shooting Sasha might not seem like the best use of your time... you have an Oasis there and a Sasha will probably turn on you so why not go out swinging.

The "cold-storage-in-a-tube" Kusasha might wake up (though isn't she already active?) but the replacement Kusasha from her rebirth facility won't be joining any time soon. Military Sasha said she probably wouldn't be able to get any more shuttles. So she is really a "finite resource" in the station.

Good job McKay. How does he know about his sister? We didn't see Schlock tell him. Maybe it happened off-camera.

That bacon gun has some impressive penetrating power. It must use really crispy bacon.

I wonder if the router is up yet, so the floating-balloon-Schlock relayed this whole debacle to Schlockie himself? Or is he still in the dark?

How many holes do we have in the station now?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 am 
That was some confusing ["stuff". Please don't bypass the the word filters that way. -Z]

I was hoping for a more epic Sasha fight though. It's the finale. Why were we robbed of that? Its ok to finally let the big dogs fight!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:08 am 
AOL: rapunzil504
Don't worry Oasis... she'll grow back. :aylee:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:28 am 
Everything about "That was for my sister" is the perfect Sluggy joke.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Kusashi are dropping like flies lately.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 am 
Spirantz wrote:
That was some confusing ["stuff". Please don't bypass the the word filters that way. -Z]

Fog of war. When lots of people start shooting and trying to kill each other, especially people who aren't battle-hardened veterans, everything gets weird real fast.

Rombobjörn wrote:
Kusashi are dropping like flies lately.

No kidding! Oasis killed one on the stairway, then she killed two on the shuttle, McKay just shot one... am I missing any?

Quote:
I was hoping for a more epic Sasha fight though. It's the finale. Why were we robbed of that?

Not the finale! There are lots more Sashas. That may be the last one on the station (not sure?)
but there are two more on the way.

It does seem pretty anticlimactic though. We went through the whole thing of convincing Bun-Bun to be a team player, switching dance partners with Oasis, etc, and suddenly whoops, McKay just offed her. Not what I expected. The "that's for my sister" on both sides was kinda cute though.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:47 am 
Well. Certainly feels like the final act. Not the epilogue though.

I'm sure Pete must have something else planned for Sasha, but I would have liked a bit more action between the big dogs here. They barely started. I'm hoping for some Python Black Knight type of thing here.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:09 pm 
And through it all, there's Gwynn with a pipe and a well-placed knee. That poor HC goon....

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:
And through it all, there's Gwynn with a pipe and a well-placed knee. That poor HC goon....

I KNOW! At first I just noticed the pipe. Then on second-glance, I noticed the knee. I LOVE IT!
Everything about this whole strip was awesome. And Torg eating the bacon at the end? And not giving a crap about it? HAHAHAAA. Actually, I bet they are all hungry.

Someone was wondering if the router was back up yet. I am hoping not. I want Schlock to be in the dark as long as possible. Hopefully the Musky-6 will take a little while longer to arrive, as I am sure they will not be thrilled with Oasis and her friends. Hopefully Riff and Torg can do whatever they need to before the "reinforcements" arrive from the main command center (via Frog's commands).

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:26 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
This strip is so quintessentially Sluggy, it's amazing.

FEAR MY BACON!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:51 pm 
Thom Solo wrote:

I didn't even notice the pipe at first. :D

I think Riff will be able to find a weapon lying around -- and even though one Sasha is surprisingly down, Bun Bun should have no trouble getting a rematch.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions