Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 pm 
You know, if BunBun DOES kill Oasis, it's not the worst thing. She will just wake up back on Earth. Yeah, she is no longer where she can help the crew in space, and that would be really inconvenient, but she won't be gone permanently. But BunBun doesn't know that.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:34 pm 
kromiller wrote:
You know, if BunBun DOES kill Oasis, it's not the worst thing. She will just wake up back on Earth. Yeah, she is no longer where she can help the crew in space, and that would be really inconvenient, but she won't be gone permanently. But BunBun doesn't know that.

I was thinking about your post in Reactions, and I my thoughts initially were what you just said here. BUT... We know from the discussions between Gwynn and Schlock that magic apparently doesn't work in space. Yet, two Kusari/Sasha rebirths were triggered when two of the clones were killed in space. That infers that the rebirth cycle is not magic, but somehow triggered by satellite command. The Oasis satellite is currently in Schlock's station. They notably have disconnected her ability to set things on fire. Why wouldn't they also have disconnected the rebirth command? It potentially could be too complicated - except that they know how it works on the Kusari satellite. You would think that it would be the same or similar set up.

I guess one question would be whether the rebirth MUST happen simultaneously with death of the organic. But I don't see any coherent reason that must be so. They could disconnect that function now, until they have total control over Oasis (and if the current organic dies in the meantime, so be it), and then reconnect the rebirth function at a later time - when they can ensure that she will be reborn as Harbinger... I dunno, that seems to make the most sense to me.

So I have a feeling that Pete will just sidestep all of that, and keep the current organic version alive - for now. My guess is that she will show no interest in fighting Bun-Bun at this time, and without the challenge, simple revenge (or even his word) will not be sufficient for Fuzbutt to put an end to her - after all, the Bunny knows on some level that his (and the gang's) survival means getting back to Earth and he will figure out soon enough that Oasis can help with that - he can always kill her later.

A much more interesting dilemma that will happen sooner or later is what will happen when Oasis and Zoë meet...?

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 5:55 pm 
swmartian wrote:
A much more interesting dilemma that will happen sooner or later is what will happen when Oasis and Zoë meet...?

I figure there will be awkward silence followed by a heartfelt apology from Oasis, then Zoë warily confirming that Oasis is sane and non-hostile, followed by Zoë clobbering Oasis and walking away saying, "Apology accepted." She may or may not be smiling innocently.

Oasis will be floored but conscious, but agree that she deserved that.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:04 pm 
I have a feeling we'll jump to Torg's perspective after this.

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 am 
I thought Riff would have been the one to do the fast talking, but he was probably too stunned at first and too aware of exactly what Bunbun can do. At this point, Bunbun has to ease up for the moment, or we're going nowhere.

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:22 pm 
Longer term spec:
Revenge delayed for now, Bun-Bun waits until they are all safely back on Earth. They will return close to where they took off - near the rebirth facility. Bun-Bun will attack (possibly while they are in a situation which renders the gang not quite safe yet) and after another epic Bun-Bun vs. Oasis fight he will succeed in killing her. Seconds later* she will cheerfully appear and say "Hi Bun-Bun! Want to fight some more?" (or something to that effect). Bun-Bun will either express the same kind of somewhat contained annoyance that he did when he was stuck with a karaoke-singing groundhog's shadow that he could neither fight nor detach from, or he'll simply shrug and say "Nah, we're good now."

*Knowing Pete, there will be some kind of hint that the rebirth mechanism no longer works and this 'seconds later' will be delayed by a slow death scene with Torg grieving what they all assume will be a permanent loss. Because we must have a cliff-hanger or two within this scene.

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:12 am 
I'm not sure what role Frog will play here. Unless, if Kusari is there, he might be considered the highest authority... Would she have obey him (or anyone before her own understanding of what is wanted) now she knows hC is defunct?

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:23 am 
kromiller wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Unless someone truly wants to start up another thread and actually do "The Game" part that was the original aim of the thread, that is. Otherwise, might as well make a new one that is a catchall for all of the specs that don't really need their very own thread.

There is a GAME part?

Yes. Long ago, in the before time.

Seriously, this thread is seven years old! (in fact, it turned seven on the exact day you posted) The first prediction submitted here was from 5-Iron Badger: "It will be revealed that Frog did shoot dimension of rain Dr. Schlock."

And it was technically correct! The best kind of correct!

Now we've come full circle, making predictions about what will happen to Frog. He's on the board of directors, but I don't recall in what capacity. HeretiCorp Earth believes Schlock is dead. Could he be up for shareholder election to CEO after Schlock? Could this drunken amphibian actually become the most powerful employee on that Station? There's gotta be a pragmatic reason Schlock keeps Frog so close, and that feels like a decent contingency for Kusari running amuck

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 2:57 pm 
But Kusari is already running amuck. ...or at least without her costume...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:36 pm 
I think Torg is going to run into a Schlock balloon in his way to rescue Gwynn, or, now that I think more, maybe after he rescues Gwynn on his way to try to free the satellite.

On another topic, I also feel like Gwynn might find some way to fight back without magic.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:31 am 
Quote:
On another topic, I also feel like Gwynn might find some way to fight back without magic.

Well, we've seen her pull a baseball bat out of her purse, a cookie jar, all kinds of places. We also have seen the lower half of her kick/knee 3 people she couldn't even see in the groin.
All she needs to be dangerous is to be angry. Not so much when she's scared, but it sure works when she's mad! And mad she gets at some of the least provocations!
I'm not too worried about Gwynn. Schlock might, might I say, only show up as a balloon, but the OTHER HC goons are certainly vulnerable to her bat, and her knee.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am 
So, I think while the HC agent is gone, BunBun, Shankcraft, and Daiyu will disembark, and the real Shankcraft and Daiyu will replace Riff and Oasis. That way Daiyu will get the medical treatment she needs. Hopefully Shankcraft will only pretend to help Montgomery with the satellite, as I am hoping he is on the Riff/Oasis/Torg side now. Given that his beloved Daiyu was shot without much care and wasn't even going to be rescued. AND hopefully Riff explained what kind of future was in store if the satellite was used the way Schlock plans (4U City/Harbinger).

I wonder if Montgomery is confused that she never got the signal to disrupt Oasis. It should have come an hour ago.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:24 am 
I think we're due for an update soon on whatever he Kusarii are doing on Earth, which I feel is very relevant to the future of hC and things happening in space.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:53 am 
Kesandru wrote:
I think we're due for an update soon on whatever he Kusarii are doing on Earth, which I feel is very relevant to the future of hC and things happening in space.

Not to mention, where is the satellite's Kusashi?
They found her empty suit (naked Kusashi?? Naaahhh I bet she has street clothes or the equivalent, drat it) :sasha:
Soooo...where is she, and what's she up to?? I believe it's...SABOTAGE :D

I have the sick feeling Schlock will detect Torg in the air lock. Will he cut his way out through an inflatable bulkhead? Or the door?? If it has decent interlocks, a sliced open door would prevent the outer door from opening, won't it? :torg:

Alternatively, if Gwynn sees the inner door lock, will she either forget magic doesn't work in space, or disregard the fact, and call on the book to save herself, Torg, and Kiki.
Maybe a bubble of air until they get to the next air lock, something like the demon Riff made for the sewers?? :gwynn:

Will Riff et al free the Oasis satellite??
I think they will, seconds ahead of either HC goons arriving, or Schlock detecting them. Oasis will be completely and totally free!

Or, Riff will tender a resignation to the HC satellite, in the inimitable Riff (explosive) style, both stopping the HC goons, AND freeing the Oasis satellite! GOOOOO RIFF! :riff:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm 
I wonder what Oasis is up to now. She won't be hanging around with Dr. Daiyu, and she obviously isn't with Riff. She will have to sneak around and be inconspicuous. And of course we are all wondering what Station-Kusari is up to, with her own free-will now.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat