Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm 
kansaichris wrote:
I suppose the name could be entirely coincidental, but I'd honestly be a bit surprised if Pete didn't take this opportunity to connect the two storylines. It provides a great way to dispatch the character without killing him in addition to a fun backstory for "Smart-Career-Move" McKay. ;)

I took a look, and to me, the two McKays look different. I mean, space station McKay could have cut his hair. But still, the face looks different.

Anyway, I am excited by what is happening with the Kusashi's. Although my first impression was that they were continuing their attack against HC, since they are technically now free of HC. However, they are in the military installation with military Sasha. So could they be perhaps staging a takeover that would help Schlock? I wouldn't think so, since he was threatening the Kusari project earlier. Maybe they are taking over the facility so that they can get another shuttle into space? Although they would need people to help with that on the ground. So maybe they are just making things harder for Schlock. Maybe they are attacking HC personnel on the military base.
And I wonder what the Kusashi on the station is going to do. I don't know that Schlock called for her. So then it would be her own decision. I am hoping she can provide some help to our heroes. Please. Like maybe disrupt Dr Montgomery before she disrupts Oasis. :sasha:

As for Gwynn, I am hoping she can find something useful in that book, that might help her. And I am really hoping she doesn't get in that airlock. Maybe she should use her knee-jerk technique on McKay. If she gets in that airlock, it could all be over for her. Unless the station Kusashi can help free her.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 pm 
I also wanted to speculate on something else. I don't believe that the Kusashi's would destroy the rest of their clones, but I don't know if they would leave them in the facility either. I noticed that the truck that the sleeping Kusashi is in is rather large. I wonder if the clones are in containment units inside that truck? That would be pretty cool.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:27 am 
kromiller wrote:
I also wanted to speculate on something else. I don't believe that the Kusashi's would destroy the rest of their clones, but I don't know if they would leave them in the facility either. I noticed that the truck that the sleeping Kusashi is in is rather large. I wonder if the clones are in containment units inside that truck? That would be pretty cool.

That would be pretty cool! I'd been thinking too that they wouldn't have killed the other ones, but I assumed that they'd leave them there. Being able to take them to an unknown location would be ideal for her/them

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:15 am 
It is time for an old "Bun-Bun chewing through something important" gag! :bunbun:

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm 
I am hoping that either Kiki or BunBun disrupts Dr. Montgomery instead of her disrupting Oasis. Although now that Kiki seems to have been caught and prevented from hiding more tools, I am not sure if Kiki will do that. And I don't know if BunBun is even in the same place. I am not sure if he would be. Although, his main target seems to be Schlock, so I can see him tracking him down, and right now he is currently where Schlock is.
ALSO, I doubt BunBun gives a damn as to whether the organic Oasis is innocent and now freed of her programming. If he knows that destroying the O.A.S.I.S. satellite would ruin Schlock's day, I could see him damaging that satellite permanently. So she may be in peril from more than just one source. Not that BunBun knows what that satellite is yet, though. But he is smart. He may figure it out. Or find out.
I can't wait to see what station Sasha/Kusari is up to...she didn't have her mask on and that seems to indicate she is operating for herself.

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:57 pm 
This spec is more what I'm hoping for right now, as opposed to what I think will happen - but it's still a possibility:

Fuzbutt snuck into the shuttle that was headed to retrieve Shankraft and kill Riff before it launched, and beat the crew into submission on the way. There will be a cliff-hanger comic where Riff and Oasis think they're about to be blown away by hC goons, and then Fuzbutt will pop out and make some snide comment instead...

P.S. to the Mods: At 184 pages, is it time for Episode 7 yet?

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:03 am 
I suspect Bunbun used Kiki as a decoy, either to slow work on the Oasis satellite and/or distract the Doc from interrupting Oasis on cue. He may well have stowed away on the HC shuttle after overhearing the conversations.

It may also been a ploy to lure Schlock down to engineering, though I imagine he would expect an inflatable decoy.

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:33 am 
erewhon wrote:
I suspect Bunbun used Kiki as a decoy, either to slow work on the Oasis satellite and/or distract the Doc from interrupting Oasis on cue. He may well have stowed away on the HC shuttle after overhearing the conversations.

It may also been a ploy to lure Schlock down to engineering, though I imagine he would expect an inflatable decoy.

I think you're right about the decoy part, even if it's just to allow Bunbun to do some investigating. I think Bunbun knows how to work around Schlock

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:45 am 
Bingo!
erewhon wrote:
... He may well have stowed away on the HC shuttle after overhearing the conversations.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:43 pm 
swmartian wrote:
This spec is more what I'm hoping for right now, as opposed to what I think will happen - but it's still a possibility:

Fuzbutt snuck into the shuttle that was headed to retrieve Shankraft and kill Riff before it launched, and beat the crew into submission on the way. There will be a cliff-hanger comic where Riff and Oasis think they're about to be blown away by hC goons, and then Fuzbutt will pop out and make some snide comment instead...

DUDE! Good call!
Waaaiiiiitttt...are you friends with Pete or something??

And I agree with you about starting a new thread for this. 184 pages seems like a lot. Time for a new start.

Now, the question is, what will BunBun do about Oasis, Shankcraft, and Daiyu? Shankcraft and Daiyu are HC agents...although I guess he could just get them to work for him just as easily as he did those on his shuttle. So he wouldn't just kill them outright. But Oasis...he has a vendetta against her. I doubt he cares that she wasn't in control of herself at the time and she is different now. Does he know she is on the shuttle? Did he overhear Montgomery and McKay talking about her and her satellite brain? Does he know anything about her? Will he care? I guess if he overheard, he would know that HC doesn't really care as much about the organics, and that having her ACTIVE would be far more annoying. So maybe he will leave her be.
Hmmm...would she leave HIM be? She wasn't in control of herself at the time, but she also might be pretty annoyed at him for trying to kick her ass. Who knows.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:08 pm 
kromiller wrote:
swmartian wrote:

DUDE! Good call!
Waaaiiiiitttt...are you friends with Pete or something??

WOO-HOO! <Does a little victory dance>

Bwa-ha-ha! Friends of Pete??? I wish! Normally my spec is so far wrong it's sad!! (Not to mention that I'm in the other corner of the country). But I gotta say that I did do a face palm the second that I saw the bloody-bun. If I anticipated the bunny getting on the shuttle, you think I would have thought about the bloody-bun. Victory deflated. Haha.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever been happier to see Bun-Bun!

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:03 pm 
swmartian wrote:

Fuzbutt snuck into the shuttle that was headed to retrieve Shankraft and kill Riff before it launched, and beat the crew into submission on the way. There will be a cliff-hanger comic where Riff and Oasis think they're about to be blown away by hC goons, and then Fuzbutt will pop out and make some snide comment instead

That was some eerily accurate spec! Congrats!

I'm worried about Bunbun and Oasis too.
I'm thinking Riff will be able to convince Bunbun not to get her for the moment... At least while in transit to the station. But I'm sure she's part of his plan.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:19 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
swmartian wrote:
Well since it went way past when it should of been locked --even for a sticky-- might as well let it keep going until it makes it to 200.

Unless someone truly wants to start up another thread and actually do "The Game" part that was the original aim of the thread, that is. Otherwise, might as well make a new one that is a catchall for all of the specs that don't really need their very own thread.

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:36 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Unless someone truly wants to start up another thread and actually do "The Game" part that was the original aim of the thread, that is. Otherwise, might as well make a new one that is a catchall for all of the specs that don't really need their very own thread.

There is a GAME part?

So, I guess we will get to see what BunBun managed to hear along his way to the shuttle that is retrieving the Musky-5. I am wondering how much he finds out about Oasis. And what his plans are for her. Maybe he won't be surprised to find her there after all. But he might not be ready to forgive her. He might be there ready to kick her ass. I mean, one of the crew members still has their pik rifle at the ready. He also might be leaving Shankcraft there, since Shankcraft is the one that is needed by Dr. Schlock. It would be stupid to save him and thereby possibly help Schlock. But, I can't imagine him being left there, either. I can't see Pete doing that. So....get him onboard with the heros, then? Maybe if BunBun reveals that the retrieval shuttle was only there for Shankcraft and NOT Daiyu, Shankcraft might be willing to turn on Schlock. Especially since Torg and Riff HELPED Daiyu.

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm 
Riff is going to need to do some fast talking to postpone Bunbun.
I have a feeling he'll tell Riff, Shankraft, and Daiyu to get out of there so he can take on Oasis without distraction.
(Getting Shankraft and Daiyu off the ship with no consideration as to whether they are good or bad).

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat