Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 am 
The bottom of this comic is cut off: http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2010-07-08

[Removed image. A description of the problem and a link to the strip is more than sufficient. -Z]

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:16 pm 
A suggestion: The "niftysearch" and maybe the "niftypedia" links might be better placed under the "archives" tab instead of the "about tab".

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:31 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Okay, I did a lot of miss shots, there, but I have a suggestion to reduce that (in addition to me actually finally understand how this place actually work :kiki: ). use the opening post as a repertory of all the issue to fix.

Make a category for general issues
And one for issue specific to a comic page and list those comic page by date, that way readers who have found something can easily check if the issue they have found has already been reported.
(and maybe a third category for the Sluggy Anniversary animated .gif, seeing it's basically the same issue for them all)

Put each category behind a spoiler so it doesn't munch too much place too, maybe?

this would avoid a lot of repetition.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:27 am 
i no longer get the emails when a new comic is posted. last email i got was 2/8 so this seems to have broken this week. and yes, i checked my spam folder, not there. i could try to resubscribe i guess.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm 
This is in the latest news post:
Pete wrote:
Because the Zoë pawn is wearing the same outfit in the image for the standard Zoë Bookmark (that you all should have when logged into your Sluggy Account)

Um… I don't have that bookmark…?

All I have is this:
Until this news post, I had no idea that I was supposed to have more than this.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Huh? I thought you only had bookmarks for the Monthly Pawns, the standard "Book Fish", and the "Defender 20+". Nothing for the classic ones or the Demon Moths ones. Hmm...

I only have the "Book Fish" and the "Defender 20+" bookmark, and even though I do have the Monthly Pawn Valerie Pawn, I have no bookmark. Not sure if the Pete Pawn is considered a Monthly one though. Just figured that the Valerie one would show up eventually.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:12 pm 
I’m regularly being redirected to those “you’re a winner” pages on my mobile the last few days.

Is there no end to this garbage yet? I don’t want to boycott sluggy after soending the better part of 20 years as a daily reader, but I’m so incredibly tired of this unsafe phishing poop from your poor choice of ways to make a few bucks.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
tube_rat wrote:
i no longer get the emails when a new comic is posted. last email i got was 2/8 so this seems to have broken this week. and yes, i checked my spam folder, not there. i could try to resubscribe i guess.
It appears that even re-checking the box will not work. After telling it to "Change Details", the box is unchecked. Multiple people are having the same problem so it is most likely broken for everyone.

Also, I'm getting the nagging suspicion that this thread has not been looked at in awhile by the necessary people.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:03 pm 
Quote:
even re-checking the box will not work

yep, that didn't work. i'm back to checking on a semi-regular basis to see if a new strip is up.

Quote:
I'm getting the nagging suspicion that this thread has not been looked at in awhile by the necessary people.

seems that way to me too. i wonder if they are busy adding new stuff or just not paying attention or both. the last response was end of last year. :(

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 pm 
We are here! Sorry for lack of response to this thread. Among other things, we are looking at the ugly behavior of ads and discussing ways that Pete could possibly improve or get rid of them. This ad company is pretty good as ad companies go. The problem is that they're all essentially resellers to resellers, and there are no ways to completely filter when a malicious ad is bought by somebody way down the chain.

The new site actually makes a lot less money in ads than the old one was, because we decided to chop out all the rectangle ads from the new design. These are generally the highest paying but the worst offenders for crap behavior. Sorry to hear that even the leaderboards are doing bad things on mobile now. Cutting out all ads on mobile (and losing maybe half the revenue that remains) might be the only option left. :bunbun:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:27 pm 
i've decided now is a good time to start showing my support. hope that helps pete out with the ad problem and gives you guys more time to fix... err i mean, stop hiding updates behind the couch. :kiki:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 am 
tube_rat wrote:
i've decided now is a good time to start showing my support. hope that helps pete out with the ad problem and gives you guys more time to fix... err i mean, stop hiding updates behind the couch. :kiki:

You are only the best!

Yep, we'll keep at it. Ideal would be to kill ads for everybody (maybe it could be a pledge goal, like "get this many Defenders and all the ads go away?" In which case, you just helped with that too!) Second best would be ads that are completely controlled by Sluggy and still pay something worth having them on the site. All other options involve more work for Pete and/or various unknowns. But in any case, as a D20+ it is officially no longer your problem. :kiki:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:29 pm 
Why does logging in always take us back to the user profile setting instead of the page we were trying to visit before it asked us to login?

People rarely need to visit their profile page, and need to navigate to the page they were at twice in a row even less.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:42 pm 
That's a fair design point. I seem to remember that going to the profile page was a behavior that was picked because it was taking the user to the bookmarks. But there's a bookmarks button in menu, so people who want to navigate by bookmark can use that. Assuming Pete agrees with you, we'll put "return user to page they were on after logging in" on the future-feature slate. :riff:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:17 am 
Two quick questions about the "bookmark goof". In his latest update, Pete sez:

Quote:
So here's what I have decided. All 6 classic Bookmarks have now been unlocked and distributed to all Defenders 20+ Level 2 and higher.

1. Does this mean that the 6 classic bookmarks will be unlocked for all Defenders 20+ Level 2 (and higher) going forward, or only for those who pledged at Level 2 prior to some cutoff date (e.g. this coming Saturday, March 17th)?
  2. Does one need to continue pledging at Level 2 to keep those bookmarks?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat