Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am 
gregnier wrote:
See... I have a problem with this one, Pete. It seems just out of character for Frog and way too convenient to the plot.

Shhh. Wait for it.

I try to keep my REALLY obvious spec jokes to myself, but who didn't see this somehow happening once he was sent to the airlock room? Are there no other lockable rooms on the satellite? Lol. That was a hard one to keep down.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 am 
Apparently Irving knows the script of Tommy Boy by heart.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 am 
I aaaaaahhh... I have a feeling he isn't dead because there was no ceremony behind it, but that's still really freaky. Go save him quickly.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 am 
What did Schlock expect? Frog has a frog-sized brain. When something like this happens, do you blame the frog or the man who didn't eat the frog?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:35 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Well if they act fast enough, he could still be saved... Yeeeaahhh, I don't see that happening.

Maybe he can fly back by using the Force... :sam:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am 
Hmm. This may be a little spec-y, but it is on record. See last panel here: http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-06-06

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 am 
Paradoxial wrote:
With one button press, Frog just destroyed the Schlock Triangle.

I don't think that's relevant any more. Schlock just needed tST to locate O.A.S.I.S.

kitoba wrote:
Maybe he can fly back by using the Force... :sam:

That was my thought too. If General Organa can do it ..........

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 pm 
I think my favorite thing about this arc is how the situation has been deteriorating for everybody. While the heroes keep having to desperately scramble after survival and bluff after success is yanked from their grip, Schlock is going through the same thing.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:49 pm 
CodeBlack wrote:
I think my favorite thing about this arc is how the situation has been deteriorating for everybody. While the heroes keep having to desperately scramble after survival and bluff after success is yanked from their grip, Schlock is going through the same thing.

Yeah, with enemies like Frog, who needs the cavalry? LOL

But I agree with others... This seems so very weirdly anticlimatic for such an enigmatic character that has been with us for so long and yet has otherwise had so little effect on the plot. Perhaps he was never meant to? So much potential.... ...just gone.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 pm 
Jboker wrote:
Hmm. This may be a little spec-y, but it is on record. See last panel here: http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-06-06

yeah, this.
Not sure if this is considered spec, but...did Kusari really have trouble opening the airlock door? Or did she trick Frog somehow?
Either way, Roberts creeped me out and I am glad he is gone. He also represented a way to control Oasis and now that (hopefully) is gone.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm 
Did Frog just kill Roberts by mistake? O_o

I'm also a bit suspicious of the fact that Kusari was unable to open the (inner) airlock door. I have a feeling there's more going on here.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:24 pm 
gregnier wrote:
Also, the airlock would have had to be vented before the outer door opened. If it wasn't all the air would have escaped through the smallest crack. Roberts would still be dying, but he wouldn't have been ejected from the airlock like that. [/nitpick]

And so let the grand debate over whether the laws of physics have been obeyed commence!

Or not. Honestly I don't know and I'm not how much is to be gained by debating it. Probably depends on how fast the doors can open, plus math.

I would have to agree that for all Frog's faults, I'm not sure messing something like that up is in his character.

Spirantz wrote:
who didn't see this somehow happening once he was sent to the airlock room? Are there no other lockable rooms on the satellite? Lol. That was a hard one to keep down.

Me. Also Torg.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm 
Frog's actions remind me of something I did when I was little. I wanted to see how close I could swing a broom to my sister. I did not intend to hurt my sister, nonetheless, she ended up with stitches.

Maybe Frog did not intend to "kill" Roberts, but was annoyed enough with him to do something stupid without thinking of consequences. (I have no reason to think Frog was annoyed, just that it seems to be his ground state).

We all learn somehow that our actions have consequences. Frog hasn't really learned that lesson yet. (And probably won't retain it)

But it could have also been a careless accident.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The thing is, we have to remember that Roberts (and Daedalus) were the only viable clones/rebirths of Dr. Steve. So far, we can assume that Dr. Steve and Daedalus are dead, and it appears that Roberts is heading in the same direction. Only thing is, unlike the other two, Roberts always wore this snazzy metal hat with an antenna on it. And one thing about antennas, is that they tend to have the ability to receive signals and to send...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 pm 
Edit: removed my FF7 reference because it was way too obvious cat-like spec.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions