Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:05 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: corwyn1
Did not see a way to send this feedback elsewhere, so dropping it here.

Would love to support, but the new rate system is too variable and >potentially<, even at the lowest level, too rich for my blood.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:07 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I have to agree with you about how it is set up now. Wasn't too thrilled when I first heard about it and voiced my opinion about it as well. I'm not against having different levels, just wish --and which I suggested-- that there was a $0.25 per strip level with maybe only access to the Blog, compendium, and bonus stuff (and maybe no ads). So it would be $36 a year. Which I think many people who are not pledging anything right now would at least do that. Myself included.

Even at the lowest level, it will cost you a max of $72 a year which is about three times what the previous Defender price was. Then you look at the levels above that and they just double the price of the previous level each time. Except for the extreme tier which is only $12 a strip or a max of $1728 a year.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:27 am 
Is the capping per month done by an automated or manual system? Because if it's an automated system, I'd like to know for sure that if Pete has an update heavy month like January was that it doesn't send out a charge for 13+ strips. Personally I don't mind chipping in a little extra, but I know that it could be a problem for some.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm 
So it's not automated or the automation is broken. I have a level 2 account which should have capped at $12 and I was charged $13. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a means to contact the subscription administrator to iron things out.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 pm 
Well dmarin, you could try to message Pete directly about the problem, or you should also be able to email them at website[at]sluggy[dot]com. Replace the things in the brackets with the correct symbols of course. That email address should work...

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:11 pm 
At some point Pete will address what happened with the "13" charge, but here's the short version...

There is a quirk with the billing system that needs to be ironed out. The system is set up so it will not bill you for more than 12 per month. 13 came about since it charged 12 for January AND 1 for February. Because of that, the next billing will only have a max of 11 for February.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat