Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10469
It's not, in retrospect, all that surprising that Roger can speak Rendorish. The surprising part is how incredibly similar Rendorish is to an obscure dialect of Arabic with several words taken from Inuit...

None of the other Terrans can understand a word of it. Before the cops can say a word (likely complaining about his accent) the tear gas grenades go off - there's a fair amount of choking and coughing, but they're in no position to stop anyone from rushing aboard the ship, or even to shoot at anyone who tries.

Felix leads the others on board and tries to talk the sailors into joining them. The sailors take one look at what's happening to the policemen on the dock, and clearly decide they're not being paid enough for this - as one, they rush to the side of the ship and dive into the water, leaving the Terrans and Knights unopposed on the deck of the ship.

No-one quite notices Sephrenia, Talen and Piper rushing up the gangplank with everyone else, but somehow they're on the deck as well, so one presumes that they must have rushed up when one was not looking.

Insofar as getting down below goes - well, the hatches are closed, but do not appear to be locked.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:21 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8215
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I doubt whatever is below will allow us the time to do that," Felix says. "It's you're call if you don't want to go, though."

Felix turns to Sir Sparhawk.

"I'll get the ship moving again so we can get out of here. If you're facing Martel I'll join you after I've gotten us out to sea. Unless you want me down there now. Your call."

Felix looks over the damage to the ship and, together with Theresa and anyone willing to help, starts putting the rigging back together to restore the sail.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10469
"He's not going anywhere." Sir Sparhawk recovers his sword, still embedded in the mast of the ship where he had thrown it earlier. "Nate, was it? You say you know something about what's down in there? How much detail do you think you can go into? Kalten, Berit, put something heavy over all the other hatches. Let's get ready to go in through this hatch as soon as we know what we're up against down there."

A couple of the other Knights, having sliced through the ropes holding the ship in place, move back to start putting heavy objects on all the hatches except the one Sir Sparhawk is standing over.

A chilly wind starts to pick up. Piper frowns at it.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
It's tough to recall. The memory is.... slippery, is the best way I can describe it. I remember climbing aboard the ship after I convinced some of Martel's hirelings to tell me which one was his. I was going to search for more information and plant explosives to scuttle the ship. I remember I entered the Captain's cabin to look for the ship's logs or a manifest. Something that would show where the ship had been, but instead I found that, Thing. It gets really fuzzy now, but I remember it was bipedal, humanoid, but it seemed to be made out of fire. I remember it spoke to me and I spoke back, but I can't remember any of the conversation. It touched my arm and told me to do something, and it's like I was suddenly a passenger inside my own body. I remember fighting against it's control, and using a pain as a focus. I wonder....."

Nate rolls up his sleeve to reveal a hand-shaped burn on his arm.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10469
There's a sharp hiss of indrawn breath from Lady Sephrenia.

"A Damork!" she says. "Everybody off this ship, now!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8215
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Made of fire, you say?" Felix says. "Cryo bomb to freeze the inside, then scuttle it?"

If no one stops him, Felix will blast a hole in the top of the ship with his shotgun, then throw in every last explosive he's carrying (keeping some stun grenades for the guards to get away). He'll then make a break for it with everyone else.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:32 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2798
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"Felix, given your current state of exhaustion, I think it would be wise to follow Lady Sephrenia's advice.." Roger puts his hand on Felix's shoulder and trys to get him to leave the hold the hell alone.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:25 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8215
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix sighs. It's true that he's been running on high speed for a while.

"I suppose it's fine if we just blow the ship. Can you look for an alternate means of escape while I ready the explosives?"

Felix hands a couple of stun grenades to someone with a good throwing arm.

"For keeping the police off us. Non lethal."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2798
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Roger nods and goes to look for alternate routes.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
"I don't know where exactly they wound up, but I don't have the explosives that I boarded the ship with anymore, but I do still have this."

Nate pulls a detonator out of his pocket and hands it to Felix.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14577
Location: Yes.
Arkady picks up one of the poles and hands it to Felix. "Tie them to this and put it under the hull. It will be making a bigger hole and staying away from the fire demon." Looks around: "Piper, I think we should be going." With that he debarks and starts looking for alternate transportation.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:04 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10469
Just across the dock from Martel's ship lies a second ship. It's in one piece, and all the rigging is in place, but that one piece is not exactly a wonderfully clean piece.

Still, the sails are (more or less) set, and the ship seems shipshape at first glance. The only person visible on deck is a man in Rendorish clothing, who is sitting and smoking a pipe which... doesn't exactly smell like tobacco.

He waves his pipe at the knights and Terrans as they approach, and addresses them in Rendorish.

"Hey, dudes. Duuuuuuudes. Dudes. This, this, thississa ship o' peace, right. No, like, no, no violence is allowed to touch it, right? No, nooooooooooooooo violence. No violence. No violence. We cool, dudes?"

Arkady: Mysteries: +4 Roll: +2 Total: +6

As the group approaches this ship, Arkady catches a smell in the breeze - not the smell from this captain's pipe, but something foul, terrible, rotting. He glances up - just in time to watch clouds pour into the sky out of nowhere, a vast spreading wound of black in the sky, lightning crackling and bursting from cloud to cloud.

It doesn't take Einstein to conclude that this is absolutely not natural weather. But Arkady can feel more than the unnaturalness of the weather - he can get a sense of the utter depravity of whatever is behind this unnatural phenomenon. And the depravity is, indeed, utter.

More to the point, despite the fact that Piper is piping away, the expression on her face suggests that she can't do anything to stop this - or at least not directly. (What she is doing is not at all obvious).

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:02 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 14577
Location: Yes.
Taking out his (thankfully waterproof) bible and looking up an appropriate text, Arkady observes "Friends, that storm is the work of something truly Evil. Lady, is the thing in that ship capable of this?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10469
Sephrenia puts a hand to the cover of Arkady's bible, closing it. "The storm is the work of the Damork," she says. "It's ludicrously powerful but it's stupid. We are being -" she glances at Piper for a moment - "hidden from it for the moment. But it can aim that storm, and if you attract its attention -"

She pauses a moment, glancing at the spreading wound of black in the sky.

"How many bolts of lightning do you think you can take?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:53 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8215
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Is the creature immortal? Because I don't think anything can survive what I'm about to do to this ship," Felix says. "No need to even go inside it."

Felix continues setting up explosives as he talks, including using the rod Arkady had given him to place some explosives under the water.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: