Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 am 
pelrun wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
also, i'm still waiting to find out what makes kusashari a "limited resource". maybe we'll explore that now?

Wasn't that because 'only' three of Kusari could be active at any one time? We've already seen one Kusari have to be deactivated in order for another to be put into play.

The question is, if Chaz kills one when powered up, does that mean just that the body is killed, or does it remove one of the three permanently?

I'm not sure there's really "three", seems more like one with three bodies.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:38 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
And Chaz was so happy...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 am 
You get ONE free stabbed-to-death Sasha! The next one will cost ya. Remember that!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 am 
VcSaJen wrote:
Chaz seems to think that one cut from his powered self will bring down any immortal. Remote controlled, respawn, rebirth, spare bodies doesn't matter, it will be a final death, period. Whether it's true, we'll see.
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-08-17

Eh. He just says she'll die, but it's a debate as to whether it's just that meat puppet or the entire entity. I'd assume just the meat puppet until proven otherwise.

And besides, Chaz needs the first cut to activate, so either way that hasn't happened yet.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:21 am 
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
2 on 1 just shifted to a reversed 2 on 1. That's hardly fair to the remaining Kusari, what with Torg armed with an activated Chaz and Oasis armed with kusari.

Slightly pedantic, but a "kusari" is just a chain. The whole weapon is a Kusarigama. The relevant part here is the "gama" or sickle half, though that would usually be spelled kama as an independent word.

VcSaJen wrote:
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
VcSaJen wrote:
Maybe she pulled out too early, and he was just charged? Then again, he failed to kill Dimension of Pain's Demon King.

Why would other Kusari be dead? She hasn't been struck yet.

Chaz seems to think that one cut from his powered self will bring down any immortal. Remote controlled, respawn, rebirth, spare bodies doesn't matter, it will be a final death, period. Whether it's true, we'll see.
http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2017-08-17

I just want to point out that we might NOT "see". It would be rather anticlimactic for Torg to just end Kusari permanently like that. And a bit evil, given that she is innocent and all and even trying to disobey as best she can.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
Lord Golbez wrote:
Other Kusari is still alive. Hmmm....perhaps Chaz is overconfident. He didn't understand the nature of Kusari.

Not exactly, she just retracted the blade before it fully powered up. Now, as for the next cut.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 am 
After all the anticipation Oasis throw away Chaz within seconds

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 am 
From a tactical standpoint I disapprove of Oasis's decision to chuck Chaz. In microgravity even more on than on earth the extra reach of a sword would be invaluable and her best bet for swiftly terminating other Kusari. But choosing to arm Torg is an excellent demonstration of her loyalties.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
It's going to get gross on the station REALLY quickly (all the blood floating around with no where to go)

CHAZ CAN KILL A TARGET AND ACTIVATE SIMULTANEOUSLY GUYS. See: Alt-Freaky Fred at the beginning of TWR II. All this one cut two cut nonsense is giving me a headache.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 am 
Dodger77 wrote:
It's going to get gross on the station REALLY quickly (all the blood floating around with no where to go)

Well, any stationary blood would probably end up heading for the air intake/return vents, lifesupport systems being what they are, (the filters are going to be pretty much a writeoff) but anything with just about any momentum is going to spatter all over the place. I would not want to be the one to have to clean that shuttle afterwards. No siree.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:15 am 
pelrun wrote:
tube_rat wrote:
also, i'm still waiting to find out what makes kusashari a "limited resource". maybe we'll explore that now?

Wasn't that because 'only' three of Kusari could be active at any one time? We've already seen one Kusari have to be deactivated in order for another to be put into play.

The question is, if Chaz kills one when powered up, does that mean just that the body is killed, or does it remove one of the three permanently?

If a computer is stabbed, does the internet’s max capacity shrink by one?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:04 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Spirantz wrote:
If a computer is stabbed, does the internet’s max capacity shrink by one?
The 'cloud' gets a little bit smaller, yes.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:10 am 
pelrun wrote:
tube_rat wrote:

if it had to do with number active at any one time then oasis (and pretty much everyone else) would be an even more limited resource because there could only be one "active".
besides, it's when kusari died that he called her a "finite resource" - http://archives.sluggy.com/book.php?cha ... 2016-03-08

your second question has me wondering too

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am 
Everything in this strip is priceless:

Torg's line and affronted expression just made me smile! "I am NOT balanced for throwing!"

Oasis' assertion that a talking sword is needlessly distracting! That was perfect!

And Torg's expression as Chaz is handed back to him--so happy! (though I have a feeling Chaz is not quite as happy)

Dodger77 wrote:

Ugh, I hadn't thought about that...yuck

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:22 am 
MerlinOfChaos wrote:
2 on 1 just shifted to a reversed 2 on 1. That's hardly fair to the remaining Kusari, what with Torg armed with an activated Chaz and Oasis armed with kusari.

Aren't you counting your chickens too early? Torg does not have the sword in hand.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions