Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 am 
I think it's supposed to be "exposure", not "exposer".

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:37 am 
Chickenhead wrote:
So..."limited resource" means "only three at a time" perhaps?

I think that's partly it. Oasis is only one at a time though...so there must be more to it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 pm 
kromiller wrote:
I think it's supposed to be "exposure", not "exposer".

Hahah I need to learn how to read better. Probably a symptom of me rushing to the computer these past 18 years to check this comic moments after waking up.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:16 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Chickenhead wrote:
So..."limited resource" means "only three at a time" perhaps?

I think that's partly it. Oasis is only one at a time though...so there must be more to it.

remember when schlock had the kusari that was killed by the vampire retrieved? i'm wondering if the physical bodies has any significance.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:23 pm 
also i am confused about the sasha consciousness. they don't seem to share thoughts as they have to talk to each other but then earlier it looked like they were finishing each other's sentences? are they three separate identities? we saw how kusari on the ground went comatose when the one on the space station was activated and vice versa. so maybe one kusari, one army, one sasha?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:35 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:

Amazing! I never noticed that.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:19 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
Why specifically three?:

Amazing! I never noticed that.

Just to throw a thought in, the poster behind Izzy is 'The Free Three'. Things that make you go humm.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:54 am 
"The only human emotion they could manage was "envy." (Paraphrasing) perhaps being in a human body enabled her to learn more, as she seemed to exhibit more, at least toward Riff.

Still, envy could manifest itself in many ways. Essentially, it is "I want what I can't have." Or "I want to be what I can't be"
She couldn't have Riff.
She couldn't be Oasis.
Maybe her default is "it doesn't bother me"
If it does--> Envy
If Envy--> different "human" manifestations of it
Couldn't have Riff-->Envy--> regret
Couldn't be Oasis--> Envy--> aggravation

this spec might be slightly influenced by watching a lot of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood lately...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:28 pm 
Looking at those "3" references, it never occurred to me before that the entire issue with Zoe turning into a camel was only resolved because - after Riff was stumped - Sasha just "happened" to have insomnia, just "happened" to nose through Riff's father's notes, and in doing so just "happened" to come across the exact file they needed to fix everything. Given the revelations about her we've had about her since, I'm guessing none of those were actually coincidences.

Even given the unsettling realization that HeretiCorp was already researching KZK and Mokhadun that far back, that would imply that Sasha took a break from her mission to help save Zoe despite doing so having no real benefit to her or her objectives. Maybe.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:59 pm 
The thing that doesn't sit right with me about all this is that Kusari is all robot, whereas Sasha was able to pass easily as a human, albeit an odd, non-emotional one, apparently even to the point of maintaining a long-term marriage. Where did her personality come from? :sasha:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: alecatmew
AOL: alecatmew
Wonder if she has a soft spot for Tommy (I think that was the aide's name?) like she does for Riff?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am 
Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no its not the france, trust me)
tube_rat wrote:
also i am confused about the sasha consciousness. they don't seem to share thoughts as they have to talk to each other but then earlier it looked like they were finishing each other's sentences? are they three separate identities? we saw how kusari on the ground went comatose when the one on the space station was activated and vice versa. so maybe one kusari, one army, one sasha?

Maybe talking is more comfortable. A thought in the head is never quite clear until you express it out.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:58 am 
kitoba wrote:
The thing that doesn't sit right with me about all this is that Kusari is all robot, whereas Sasha was able to pass easily as a human, albeit an odd, non-emotional one, apparently even to the point of maintaining a long-term marriage. Where did her personality come from? :sasha:

I was wondering about that too. All I can think of is that Kusari is able to mimic human emotions even if she doesn't feel them, but around Schlock, she has no need to and reverts to robotic. I imagine that the spy version of Sasha was instructed to gain Torg and Riff's trust, and in order to do so she adopted a blandly pleasant, accommodating, easy-going persona. A certain type of emotionally repressed, self-absorbed man like Riff may have never thought to question that.

However, the fact that Kusari is extremely literal-minded and doesn't understand humour while Sasha never displayed such tendencies makes that theory harder to accept.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 pm 
I am wondering about the interaction between Chaz and both Oasis and the 3 Sashas.

If he was activated by their innocent blood, and hit one of them, would he destroy their intellect/sapanince, which is NOT alive, since it's only a computer program (as far as we know), or would Chaz merely kill the current body, allowing another body to be activated.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:29 am 
Kea wrote:
kitoba wrote:

I was wondering about that too. All I can think of is that Kusari is able to mimic human emotions even if she doesn't feel them, but around Schlock, she has no need to and reverts to robotic. I imagine that the spy version of Sasha was instructed to gain Torg and Riff's trust, and in order to do so she adopted a blandly pleasant, accommodating, easy-going persona. A certain type of emotionally repressed, self-absorbed man like Riff may have never thought to question that.

However, the fact that Kusari is extremely literal-minded and doesn't understand humour while Sasha never displayed such tendencies makes that theory harder to accept.
My impression has been going from the other direction: I think Schlock has been kidding himself (I mean, he’s kidding himself about other stuff too, so why not this?). He doesn’t want to believe Kusari is capable of harboring feelings in any meaningful way but seems to feel otherwise. And if he’s not honest with himself on this, he can lie to Torg without really meaning to.

Sashas have shown voluntary kindness towards those few people they have been allowed to grow close to, have almost an open contempt for Schlock when they can get away with it, and a constant superiority complex around Oasis (whom she called “sister” when blindsided this past week; that probably counts for something). At least to me, these things don’t seem like purely rational self-interest, and don’t seem to completely align with a faithful execution of Hereticorp orders. While it would appear they have very little latitude for evasion, as we’ve just seen, they are capable of it.

It’s as if their unemotional bearing is an unnaturally enforced standing order more than it is the complete nature of their system. Something like that. That’s just my gut feeling, though.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat