Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:47 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Pied Typer wrote:
Wait, Pete, you have 20 fingers? I must have been careless when I was 2, because I can only remember having ten.

I suppose he included the fingers on his feet.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:52 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Zillatain wrote:
Pete shows us a Classic Riff vs. Sylvia moment and I'm aghast to now discover that Riff's Stake Gun apparently was only loaded with 86 stakes. Not the 100 as promised.

Did you actually count them? :-)

Well, maybe 14 stakes failed to penetrate the stone wall and fell on the floor?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:04 pm 
I'm not sure if this is the place to put this question, but how do we make sure he has our mailing address for the books?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
randomlanguage wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the place to put this question, but how do we make sure he has our mailing address for the books?
Go to your Defenders Subscription Profile to fill in or check your address.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 am 
Zillatain wrote:
randomlanguage wrote:
Go to your Defenders Subscription Profile to fill in or check your address.

Thank you!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:13 pm 
Regarding 7-December's news item:

Pete, I thought that the whole point behind the change in the update schedule was so that you don't have to do things in a rush, so don't worry about an extended period without a new comic.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:11 am 
Since the change in plans was addressed in the current news item, I just want to say here that the choice to break away from the long established pseudo-realtime matching of the comic with the current moment in time has totally opened up the potential for this comic, and I'm really glad you decided to do this. I hope this new Defenders setup works out, because I think we're in for some great things as the new pacing matures

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:03 am 
Merry Christmas, Pete!
Here’s to Sluggy 40+! Lol.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:18 am 
In exchange for no comics this week, we’re expecting you to use a spell/grammer checker!

For every silly mistake, we want a bonus strip. Sounds fair and like a good motivator for quality control, right?

The great war on typos must end! There has be two many casualtees!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:09 am 
Spirantz wrote:
In exchange for no comics this week, we’re expecting you to use a spell/grammer checker!

For every silly mistake, we want a bonus strip. Sounds fair and like a good motivator for quality control, right?

Sum of us like casual tees.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:38 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

I'm not sure if you were trying to demonstrate the typographical errors in the forum statement about typographical errors (Injuries in a war are referred to as casualties, not "casualtees".), but the discussion over the relationships between the parts of a language is referred to as grammar, not "grammer".

Asking for a bonus strip for every error might be considered extreme and unusual punishment, and we should strive to limit the number of puns. Perhaps the author writing "I will not make silly misteaks" a dozen times would be more appropriate. If you can't find the error in this paragraph, please feel free to use a spell checker. See http://www.greenrainbowrevolution.com/l ... -by-humans

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
So the bookmarks were how I thought they were supposed to be after all.

Now the thing I am confused about is the qualifications for getting a PAWN level 2 or higher. Where did this "you have to be a level 2 or higher at least from the 12th of the month to the end of the month to get the PAWN" come from? I haven't found any mention of this until now.

The only thing Pete said before, was that you had to be a Defender (level 2+) for half the month to get the PAWN. Which I thought meant half of the strips for that month, not the number of actual days and on top of that, only the days from the 12th onward would count. That doesn't make any sense to me to do it that way. You could be a Defender from the 1st to the 27th of a month and get no PAWN, while someone from the 12th to the end of month would get one.

Lastly I'm still annoyed that there will never be an option to get the monthly PAWNZ other than subscribing for a specific month. I don't see how making the digital versions available maybe 6 months to a year after they first came out going to affect things. Then there's the opposite with the PAWNZ that are in the store. Why buy any of them when just being a Defender at anytime will put them--the current ones I'm guessing-- in your account?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 am 
I absolutely positively cannot wait until Book 20.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 pm 
Naldru wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
Spirantz wrote:

I'm not sure if you were trying to demonstrate the typographical errors in the forum statement about typographical errors (Injuries in a war are referred to as casualties, not "casualtees".), but the discussion over the relationships between the parts of a language is referred to as grammar, not "grammer".

Asking for a bonus strip for every error might be considered extreme and unusual punishment, and we should strive to limit the number of puns. Perhaps the author writing "I will not make silly misteaks" a dozen times would be more appropriate. If you can't find the error in this paragraph, please feel free to use a spell checker. See http://www.greenrainbowrevolution.com/l ... -by-humans

I.....

Uhmmm.

Have no words for that. U are superior bean!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:28 am 
Yay to no more misbehaving, virus-like pop-up ads!
Boo to Pete losing the income that legit ads gave him.

Pete, would you consider an even lower tier of Defender? I, for one am on a tight budget, but could probably swing a buck or two a month. (Split the difference - make it $0.125, and it would be $1.50/ month. Sure, it’s not much by itself, but it could add up.
I bet I’m not alone in this.
What would we cheapskate defenders get? Ad-free comics (which you are saying that everyone is now getting anyhow) and access to the Compendium. That’s it. No larger sized comic, no extra bookmarks, no Pawnz. (In other words, hopefully no extra effort needed on your behalf...)

What do ya say? Is it worthwhile to get a few of those bucks back, while making honest readers out of us cheapskates/penny pinchers?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions