Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 pm 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
swmartian wrote:
yurak wrote:
Re:Chaz I always felt he (it?) would work for anybody. "Master" is the honourary title of his wielder. I'm pretty sure Chaz talked about some of his past masters when he first talked.

I agree that Chaz will work for anyone - my question is whether or not the previous Master has to be dead first. That is, if Kusari-Sasha had killed Torg, then I have no doubt that she would be Chaz's new Master. However, since Torg is still alive, who is Chaz's Master now? Torg, because he is still alive, or K-S, because she wields him?

It appears that it is not necessary to kill the former master. King Farahn took Chaz from Satan without killing him and had no problems using Kron's innocent blood to kill him later.

It's never been expressly mentioned of past owners have to be killed to pass on the power. Personally I'll roll with Chaz Is a sword and whomever wields him has the power.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:07 am 
I'll say that's a pretty fair bet. I imagine it just happens that usually his former master dies, simply because you don't normally end up with someone else's magic demon-killing sword for friendly reasons. Also, I get the impression Chaz will be relieved to not be stuck with Torg anymore.

Still confused as to why Schlock needs a pyrokinetic so badly. Warfare? He already has the ultimate weapon and a way to make more. With orbital DFAs, he could beam away all the major seats of government, defend against all conventional weapons, and vanish entire armies with the push of a button. No need to burn anything. And yet here he is, field testing her long range capabilities...

[edit] Also, man-oh-man does Oasis look like Rana when she's using her powers

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Also, man-oh-man does Oasis look like Rana when she's using her powers

You must not be keeping up with this thread. That's been the most probable theory for a couple months now.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm 
Well, I'm still a fan of the 'synthetic life from Dunuloa' idea. It would explain why Oasis is outside the web, for one thing. Although that may not be mutually exclusive with her being Rana - Dunuloa has bound people into inanimate objects before, so maybe Oasis is some combination of the two, plus also whatever Dr. Steve and Sin'thea had to do with it.

I don't think there is that much resemblance beyond the glowing eyes. If you look very closely you can still see Oasis' irises, but not so with magic Dunuloa. In 2008, we saw Oasis' irises glow orange during pyrokinesis (and maybe her eyes glow in general too).

Her eyes do seem to be a lot glowier than normal though. Maybe because the target is so far away? Or maybe if Oasis uses enough fire in a short time she will 'overheat,' which with the Rana idea could mean Rana breaking through mental barriers.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 am 
It's only a matter of time before Schlock decides to try and circumvent the need for Roberts by commanding Oasis to have more conscious control of the pyrokinesis.

That's assuming Schlock doesn't know the full truth about Oasis, assuming there is a full truth to be known. But maybe there's a reason Schlock has been calling it "the fire" instead of pyrokinesis.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 pm 
Pied Typer wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Also, man-oh-man does Oasis look like Rana when she's using her powers

You must not be keeping up with this thread. That's been the most probable theory for a couple months now.

I don't know if you realize this, but I was already on board with it a couple months ago :p
(actually, I may have first floated it back when Mohkadun was ending, but I'm too lazy to go looking for proof)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 pm 
I don't know why, but I somehow got the feeling that Oasis was trolling Dr Schlock a little by not actually using her pyrokinesis till Roberts gave the order.

I wonder if "forget about Torg" completely revokes the "love Torg" order. It depends on how Oasis interpreted the order. Did she interpret the order to forget Torg's existence entirely, or forget about Torg physically being there and being threatened? Or did she interpret it as something else entirely?

She might also be trolling Dr Schlock by asking "who is Torg" when ordered to carry him.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 pm 
slightlylooney wrote:
I don't know why, but I somehow got the feeling that Oasis was trolling Dr Schlock a little by not actually using her pyrokinesis till Roberts gave the order.

I wonder if "forget about Torg" completely revokes the "love Torg" order. It depends on how Oasis interpreted the order. Did she interpret the order to forget Torg's existence entirely, or forget about Torg physically being there and being threatened? Or did she interpret it as something else entirely?

She might also be trolling Dr Schlock by asking "who is Torg" when ordered to carry him.

I'm certainly open to this possibility, as Oasis has proven capable of similar things with Override B-1 previously.

Another possibility is that Oasis is trying to force Schlock into using the watch, so that she experiment with breaking its control.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 am 
Whaaaaaaa "are the points far enough apart"?? The Schlock triangle is an ACTUAL triangle???
Is he tracking the computer terminal, Oasis, and the fire on that screen? I can't read the text on the monitor, but those are the three most likely candidates. Body, Mind and Spirit maybe?

Is the fire more than just a fire, but actually the entity that inhabits Oasis? Is THAT what Schlock got data readings on all those years ago when Oasis went berserk? But why do they need to be a certain distance apart? Why is that good? What does Schlock win from all this? Is he trying to separate them as a way of removing them, or something else?

Damn it Schlock! Your plan is even more impenetrable than Torg's!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 am 
Triangle? Hmm It seems we have always wanted a even story. Torg and Zoe and perhaps Riff and Gwynn. We have always needed a more complex story.

O AS SIS as destroyed robot in a shopping cart was where this story once was ;)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:46 am 
Oasis might hold inside her part of Kizke the Destroyer. Whoever can control her can shape the next genesis. Dr. Schlock came back from the future to prevent the world's doom and he has never abandoned his mission in all these years.

What was he triangulating? Perhaps the location where Oasis' real body is buried. That is the location she tries to return to every time she dies, but Dr. Steve found a way to redirect her soul to his clones of the original.

Should he get hold of Oasis' original body he will attempt to destroy the reality web by removing the Destroyer. That is what made the spider so upset.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:16 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Dr. Schlock came back from the future to prevent the world's doom and he has never abandoned his mission in all these years.

I keep seeing people postulate benevolent motivations to Schlock's actions as of late. But I feel like this is not in line with his characterization over the years. While he never quite seemed "evil" until his hostile takeover of HC, he certainly was not "good." I could be misremembering after all these years but I feel like his motivation for coming back from the future was never to save mankind, but rather to save his own skin.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:27 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
Dr. Schlock came back from the future to prevent the world's doom and he has never abandoned his mission in all these years.

I keep seeing people postulate benevolent motivations to Schlock's actions as of late. But I feel like this is not in line with his characterization over the years. While he never quite seemed "evil" until his hostile takeover of HC, he certainly was not "good." I could be misremembering after all these years but I feel like his motivation for coming back from the future was never to save mankind, but rather to save his own skin.

That was my understanding as well. I think that he justifies his actions to himself by telling himself that it is "for the greater good", but it's always been about keeping himself safe.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:59 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Whaaaaaaa "are the points far enough apart"?? Is the fire more than just a fire, but actually the entity that inhabits Oasis? Is THAT what Schlock got data readings on all those years ago when Oasis went berserk? But why do they need to be a certain distance apart? Why is that good? What does Schlock win from all this? Is he trying to separate them as a way of removing them, or something else?

Yeah, I'd wondered about that (spec is in the "new Schlock Triange" thread). I was wondering if he was waiting for the entity making the fire to get far enough away from everything else so that he could either destroy it, DFA it, or maybe capture it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:01 pm 
Silverwalker wrote:
Oasis might hold inside her part of Kizke the Destroyer. Whoever can control her can shape the next genesis. Dr. Schlock came back from the future to prevent the world's doom and he has never abandoned his mission in all these years.

What was he triangulating? Perhaps the location where Oasis' real body is buried. That is the location she tries to return to every time she dies, but Dr. Steve found a way to redirect her soul to his clones of the original.

Should he get hold of Oasis' original body he will attempt to destroy the reality web by removing the Destroyer. That is what made the spider so upset.

I'd been thinking about K'Z'k being the secret special thing about Oasis for a long time. I hadn't of this, though. This is a VERY interesting point. Hmmmmm.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat