Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:19 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
That part isn't so clear. If all Schlock wanted was another perfect soldier, well as far as we know there's no limit to the number of Kusaris he could have at any one time. Even if Oasis is better, it can't be by enough to stake his entire evil plan on. Pyrokinesis isn't THAT awesome. My theory is something to do with immortality. Schlock seems to value his own life more than anything else.

I didn't say perfect soldier (actually, obeying orders) was the thing he wanted Oasis for. I just said he wants to make her obedient.

As for limited number of Kusaris, Dr. Schlock explicitly calls her a limited resource. Must be more limited than the Oasis clones then.

As for theorizing about Dr. Schlock wanting Oasis for immortality, that's speccity spec and could go on forever, so that's what the other subforum is for.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 am 
Poor Aylee! She looks awful there...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:39 am 
I hope for Schlock's sake that Riff doesn't have an inflatable laser cannon.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:05 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Good thing Kusashi didn't see how short a distance Aylee really flew. And Bun-Bun is free! His loyalty to the cause and deep affection for Torg will save them.

I think Sniper-Kusashi did see Aylee crash, but is lying about it. She specifically says "Not effective against Aylee. She flew off and could be anywhere." But that dart was clearly effective, and the fall out of the sky was instantaneous.

Sniper-Kusashi is also the one positing that they have no kill order on Riff.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm 
I miss the original publication dates in the archives. When I looked at older strips before, I liked to mentally place them in the history of Sluggy by the date. I'm probably the only one who wishes the dates were still there.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:26 pm 
Rreed423 wrote:
I miss the original publication dates in the archives. When I looked at older strips before, I liked to mentally place them in the history of Sluggy by the date. I'm probably the only one who wishes the dates were still there.

You aren't! I was mildly annoyed when I thought they were gone. But if you look in the very bottom right corner, you can still see a version of the date. Or the URL in your address bar changes depending on what you're viewing, at least on Chrome.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:24 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
In other news, they talk to themselves a lot. It could be more for writing convenience, but I'm leaning against the "one mind" possibility.

They're finishing each other's paragraphs. They're talking to each other but they're not speaking as two separate entities. One of them starts a thought and the other finishes it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 pm 
darksunglasses wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
Good thing Kusashi didn't see how short a distance Aylee really flew.

I think Sniper-Kusashi did see Aylee crash, but is lying about it. She specifically says "Not effective against Aylee. She flew off and could be anywhere." But that dart was clearly effective, and the fall out of the sky was instantaneous.

Sniper-Kusashi is also the one positing that they have no kill order on Riff.

I noticed that as well. I thought it was pretty obvious that Aylee was plummeting to the ground. Subtle, but a definite clue as the working of the Sasha/Kusari mind... I'm not sure though that it is significant that sniper-Sasha was the first to start positing about the kill order. As MerlinOfChaos noted, they are finishing each other's sentences, as if one mind, or two rapidly syncing minds. Kusari-Sasha has actually been looking ever so slightly more emotional of the two ever since she was unmasked and her 'twin' revealed.

Silverwalker wrote:
And Bun-Bun is free! His loyalty to the cause and deep affection for Torg will save them.

Um... And which comic have you been reading for the last 20 years??? ;-) Yeah, that looks like one pissed off Bunny......

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:02 pm 
ANGRY BUNNY, ANGRY BUNNY! And poor Aylee. I'm super excited to see Kusashi get some wiggle room with the no kill order to make her/their? own decision. I'm not used to Kusari having those moments! Even though I've been theorizing for years that Sasha was Kusari it's still jarring to see Sasha wearing the outfit and to see Kusari having a larger range of facial expressions / emotions? Im very excited! And nervous about what might happen next!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 pm 
Well I feel today's strip nicely ties in with when Plan F kicked in.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:13 pm 
FullMetalArchivist wrote:
Rreed423 wrote:

You aren't! I was mildly annoyed when I thought they were gone. But if you look in the very bottom right corner, you can still see a version of the date. Or the URL in your address bar changes depending on what you're viewing, at least on Chrome.

I see it, thanks. It starts with the year so I didn't realize what it was.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
Now let us continue onto Part 4 and see what dastardly scheme Riff will be up to next!

Spoiler: show
Psych! There is no Part 4!

I know you're disappointed, so you get...this thing...instead... Sorry.

Also it would be nice if Pete would quit sending hit men after me. I'm running out of places to put the bodies.

Nice job! That looks really great! I hope you escape the hit men!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 pm 
I'm sure Schlock will appreciate the idea to bring Riff to his super secret base space base.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
Kea wrote:
I'm thinking that combat Kusashis and espionage Kusashis have different training. These ones have obviously never been taught to simulate human behaviour. Agent Sasha never seemed this robotic.

She was always weird though

Weird in that she was always cheerful in situations where normal people would be upset or scared. Not literal-minded logic gate weird. I think spy Sasha was trained to be a people pleaser, but not an especially situationally appropriate one.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:00 am 
Spirantz wrote:
I'm sure Schlock will appreciate the idea to bring Riff to his super secret base space base.

Riff actually knew about the super secret satellite producing space station.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions