Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:56 pm 
The sniping of anything aside from hoverbikes didn't happen until the unmasking though.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:49 am 
Kesandru wrote:
The sniping of anything aside from hoverbikes didn't happen until the unmasking though.

True.

Looking at everything thing in hind sight I'm now going off the assumption every time we saw Kusari we saw a Sasha.
Thus situations like stealing the hard disc from hC. Kusari (Sasha) knew better than to fight with Bun Bun, because she's been roughed up by Bun Bun and seen his fighting ability. She also knew there was an extra fail safe with her sister in China (Monicruel's prisoner).
Past situations may have played out different to what we thought with the extra information.

Now seeing all the Oasis clones I'm wondering if they work a little like the gholas out of Dune..... Hmmmm..... If Oasis tries to kill one she loves that will pull apart her programming and releases the 'real' Oasis......

Edit for new comic.
If Torg doesn't get out soon I could see Torg Vs Oasis happening. I'm calling the mirror to be important in binding the mind & body together. Before that Oasis is in 'default mode'.

I'm thinking Chen is busy reprogramming the watch. I'm getting a weird gut feeling he may try reprogramming it for Torg.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:37 pm 
OK, I just had a completely outrageous thought.... Why bother having Torg press a button that starts a process, but immediately terminates it? I think it's likely that the system will assume that there is an intruder and go into some kind of defensive mode. Isn't that defensive mode likely to include the activation of at least one Oasis entity - if not more? One would assume that they would also have some kind of 'hive mind'. So it could be hilarious to have Torg suddenly swarmed by a gaggle of naked 'giddy schoolgirls' all screaming "Torgy!"

Or something bad could happen. Especially considering that Chaz is charged and has already tasted her blood...

...Or the blast door closes... Forever sealing off the remaining Oasises, leaving only the current... ...Harbinger? Not to mention trapping Torg forever...

Ah well, I'm always completely and utterly wrong no matter how well I try to cover my bases.... But the first guess was too funny to not share...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 pm 
My assumption from this is that Torg isn't going to get out of here until he completes the suiting up process. The system doesn't know that he's not Oasis, it's just expecting someone to be able to jump through the tunnel naked into the shower, then dry off and then put on a suit and grab some knives. Unless he can put that suit on top of his other clothes, he might at best be able to get a few seconds extra to get dressed by skipping through the drying-off part. He can maybe leave Chaz and his other clothes by the door so he can grab them on the way out, but the way things are I don't think he has time to change back.

So, the next person to find him will find him wearing Oasis' clothes and soaking wet. That seems about right for Torg.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:15 am 
I don't know if that's it. Assuming the panels showed real time, Oasis would have to move fast to get into that shower before it stops, unless the unit detection wasn't linked to the shower, but just scanning for an active Oasis unit in general.

In other words, that process wouldn't work for Torg at all.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm 
swmartian wrote:
OK, I just had a completely outrageous thought.... Why bother having Torg press a button that starts a process, but immediately terminates it? I think it's likely that the system will assume that there is an intruder and go into some kind of defensive mode.

[...]

...Or the blast door closes... Forever sealing off the remaining Oasises, leaving only the current... ...Harbinger? Not to mention trapping Torg forever...

Given that Dr. Steve seems to like defenses against people who push random buttons, I'm going to guess that it causes the blast door to close. That said, the room Torg's in only has one exit, so there's no chance that Oasis could be trapped by the blast door closing on Torg. She would lose access to the knives, the clothes, and the shower, but only until she circled around to the room that Torg's in.

Kesandru wrote:
I don't know if that's it. Assuming the panels showed real time, Oasis would have to move fast to get into that shower before it stops, unless the unit detection wasn't linked to the shower, but just scanning for an active Oasis unit in general.

Oasis can move pretty fast, and Dr. Steve would have had a lot of time to measure how fast she moved. I'm not willing to rule out that the detector is able to tell the difference between Oasis and Torg, but it could have been that Torg just wasn't fast enough.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:33 am 
Well, it looks like Torg is about to break the Oasis process completely. Damn it Torg! This is not going deeper to find the answers!

Something to note: the mirror was not a station

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:37 am 
So will Torg releasing a clone body cause the current incarnation of Oasis to die, and let us witness the transfer of consciousness process?
That's my spec.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 am 
migB wrote:
So will Torg releasing a clone body cause the current incarnation of Oasis to die, and let us witness the transfer of consciousness process?
That's my spec.

Oh! That'd be awful! And probably exactly what Chen wants.

But what if the current incarnation doesn't die? What does that mean for the released clone? Will it be a blank slate? I don't think Oasis can "multitask" Like Kusashi does. It seems as if there can only be one "Oasis" at a time. Perhaps releasing the next incarnation will kill her, or, it might royally screw up whatever programming Oasis has? Or Torg will be with an empty shell of an incarnation waiting for a mind? I'm creeped out at the possibilities!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 pm 
MrGraves wrote:
My assumption from this is that Torg isn't going to get out of here until he completes the suiting up process. The system doesn't know that he's not Oasis, it's just expecting someone to be able to jump through the tunnel naked into the shower, then dry off and then put on a suit and grab some knives. Unless he can put that suit on top of his other clothes, he might at best be able to get a few seconds extra to get dressed by skipping through the drying-off part. He can maybe leave Chaz and his other clothes by the door so he can grab them on the way out, but the way things are I don't think he has time to change back.

So, the next person to find him will find him wearing Oasis' clothes and soaking wet. That seems about right for Torg.

It looks like we're about to see your spec fulfilled. Assuming that is true, and assuming that it actually works... When in the process does the transfer of memories occur? Do these Oasises have blank minds (or very basic programming) when they emerge? Which may explain their perceived "innocence"... If the transfer process occurs at one of the stations (e.g., the mirror, as yurak specced), then is Torg about to experience a "mind meld"? And if so, does that plug him in to hive mind? Is that what Dr. Steve meant about a controlled mind becoming human? That is, did he anticipate this, and set it up...? I'd rather it be her reaching that point on her own... So I kind of don't think this line of spec is going anywhere... But it is intriguing to consider what would happen if....

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:56 pm 
The idea of Torg becoming an Oasis is creapy, but I think Torg's devil would love it.

I'm curious to know if Oasis is capable of running multiple minds at the same time? I'm gonna till with this spec. Torg unleashes an Oasis, she goes all "Override B1"esq on Torg until he runs to the stations. Something in that room kicks her memories/programming in. Torg leaves with Oasis 2. When Oasis 1 wakes up both Oasi go into system shock/crash and die. Macabre, but like the phoenix she is Oasis is revived in a new body.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 am 
swmartian wrote:
MrGraves wrote:

It looks like we're about to see your spec fulfilled. Assuming that is true, and assuming that it actually works... When in the process does the transfer of memories occur? Do these Oasises have blank minds (or very basic programming) when they emerge? Which may explain their perceived "innocence"... If the transfer process occurs at one of the stations (e.g., the mirror, as yurak specced), then is Torg about to experience a "mind meld"? And if so, does that plug him in to hive mind? Is that what Dr. Steve meant about a controlled mind becoming human? That is, did he anticipate this, and set it up...? I'd rather it be her reaching that point on her own... So I kind of don't think this line of spec is going anywhere... But it is intriguing to consider what would happen if....

The thing is, I have no idea whether or not some kind of mind meld is going to happen to Torg. As much as we've learned in the last couple of weeks, we still don't know the answers to a lot of those questions.

But with a vague statement like "I really don't want to do this", after all this time, I think I would be more surprised if he DID actually open a tank to resolve things instead of getting naked and trying to use the stations himself.

Noting though: there was no mention made of a "Mirror Station", or whatever that thing below the Nosce Te Ipsum sign is (I'm assuming it's a mirror). Which is weird: if I'd had to guess that there's something in the room that would be related to establishing a mental link for Oasis, it would be that, but the alert goes straight from Clothes Station to Weapon Station, seemingly indicating that it's not necessary. ...?????? Yeah, I got nothin' for that. I only feel like I understand Torg, not Dr. Steve :)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm 
Some rogue long shots
Kusari takes Riff to Schlock. Surprisingly Riff is able to talk to Schlock about City 4U.

Re:Torg, we swap To Gwynn next. She's spoke to Syn'thia and we get the next Oasis bombshell and we get to watch Torg fall into the foreshadowed "trap".

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:50 am 
There's not going to be a mind meld. The system doesn't recognize Torg as an Oasis unit, that's why it shuts down and the door closes. There's no way for TORG to fool the system.

He's going to break out an Oasis unit. Either that or someone is going to appear to stop him from doing it.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:02 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
There's not going to be a mind meld. The system doesn't recognize Torg as an Oasis unit, that's why it shuts down and the door closes. There's no way for TORG to fool the system.

He's going to break out an Oasis unit. Either that or someone is going to appear to stop him from doing it.

That's what I thought too, but I suppose it's possible that the door closed the first time because there was nobody in the shower unit (as opposed to there specifically not being an Oasis rebirth there). If that's the case Torg going through the whole process would be effective.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat