Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:28 am 
So I read today's comic, wanted to post something that I speculate will happen next, specifically to Torg now that he's pressed that button and is figuring out how the room works, realized I don't have an account, decided to make an account, discovered that I need to post an introduction, thought up this post, started writing this post, wrote another phrase of this post, and decided to end the post before Zeno's ghost came after me.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:48 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum MrGraves!

Yeah the signing up process is a bit convoluted, but it has kept the forum spam free for 10 years or so. Unfortunately loads of spam --literally hundreds per day at times-- still came into the site, but no regular members saw it. Though with the site upgrade (and improved anti-spam measures), I haven't even seen a single one yet, so someday we may be able to go back to the good-ole-days when you posted in Introductions only if you wanted to.

Zeno's ghost is always there waiting and plotting another infinite paradox...

Anyway [member's name here], now I will tell you about the strange tradition aimed at newcomers.

At one time there were Pesterers who pestered you for poetry, but that tends to be very rare nowadays. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do go and post an original poem --usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted-- written by you, you will most likely receive a gift in return. The "gift" will most likely be useless or maim you. Whichever it may be, it should be interesting and surprising. Lastly, this strange tradition applies to the pestering not the poetry. You are not required to do anything more to be a member here...unless you want to possibly get a [name of harmlessly fatal item here] or some other type of gift.

Now go forth and do (almost) whatever you want, just don't speculate in Reactions.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:50 pm 
"Hey Torg...
Err, why are you
Wearing Oasis' clothes?
And are wet?" "You know, it's a long
story..."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 am 
I can not figure out if that is supposed to be a "poem" or just a prediction...

So for the time being I'm going to give you a grain of sand from the planet Drith'cal. Don't worry, it comes with a high quality photocopied certificate of authenticity so you know it's genuine.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 am 
It could be both!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:17 pm 
Well in that case, you get the entire planet Drith'cal instead!

Here's the official deed with Immortal Dread Emperor Gahk the First's name freshly whited out and your name scribbled in its place.

Congratulations!

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions