Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 am 
- Dr. Steve is the True Final Boss of this comic, and he will pull an Oasis on Roberts.
- Schlock will fight our heroes with a giant inflatable mecha-robot. IN SPAAAAAAACEEEEEE!!
- Right when Dr. Steve Reborn/Schlock is defeated, K'Z'K will possess him and then we get the final fight.
- Kusari is made of dead Oasis bodies
- Chen is going to get gutted like a fish by Kusari, somehow.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:15 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Yep. It's starting to look like we've got a Zola situation here. My guess is they uploaded the creepy kid's brain to a computer (or imprisoned her soul onto a computer? something like that), then download it into new Oasis clones as needed. But there must be something more to it that differentiates it from Kusari...

"As needed" could mean different things. Seems like it might not be fully downloaded in one go, but rather transmitted from that room.

Which would explain Kusari's panicked insistence that "Oasis can not be killed at this stage." Whatever "download/upload" needs to happen may not be finished yet.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:51 am 
Slaughter wrote:

Of the five, this one seems the most plausible.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:52 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Slaughter wrote:
Oh.. oh my... I don't know if that's been suggested before. That could be why the supply of Kusari's are limited.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:29 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Slaughter wrote:

Of the five, this one seems the most plausible.

Nah, I'm pretty sure Chen's going to get gutted.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:26 pm 
Put it in the Kusari thread originally, but I'm starting to think that the latest Kusari is a reanimated Sasha.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:04 pm 
I'm thinking Schlock needs the AI that runs the OASIS programme. It's the basis for the 4U systeem. Getting Oasis is a bonus.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:50 pm 
yurak wrote:
I'm thinking Schlock needs the AI that runs the OASIS programme. It's the basis for the 4U systeem. Getting Oasis is a bonus.

I'm still not sure exactly why Schlock wants Oasis so much, but I like the idea that a Oasis/Harbinger(/Kusari?) AI, if that's what is going on, is the basis of the one in 4U city.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:51 am 
Lord Golbez wrote:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Chen's going to get gutted.

This is the one I most want to come true. I don't really care who, but I can't think of anyone besides Schlock who deserves it more.

Well, maybe Syn'thea (we still don't know what her roll is, if it was willing, and /or if the outcome was what she intended)

And assuming Steve is really and truly dead, and isn't coming back for round two.

And most of the Hc boad probably deserves it as much..... :bunbun:

Ok, he's at least in the top 5, but he comes across as so slimy that he's moved to number 2 in my book.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 pm 
yurak wrote:

Wow. Yes, of course! I like this spec, too. I keep thinking that Riff saw something (someone?) from 4U City in Kusari (as opposed to the Sasha theories)...

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:45 pm 
I'm wondering if what Chen installed in Oasis was actually a timed lethal device, so that he can be present in the facility at the instant of her next rebirth and take control.

The theory does require a number of assumptions:
- That he was reasonably sure of finding and getting access to the facility
- That he was similarly confident about finding a spare watch and being able to reprogram it to accept his voice - or that a spare might not yet be locked down to a particular vocal pattern. That relationship may be initialised at rebirth

Whatever, I'm pretty sure Chen knows a lot more than he's telling just now.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:52 pm 
erewhon wrote:
CheeseWhisper wrote:
I assume the Gwynn-Kusari spec is because of the diamonds, correct?

And it's interesting that Oasis is always reborn with a full set of hardware.

Or she re-equips herself at the rebirth facility

Bingo!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:52 am 
What if Syn'thia la Morte is one of Dunuloa's creations? Raised & taught by Dunuloa. Thus learning about the magiks of the old gods, yet young enough to appear 'normal'. Plus with that name I could see it meaning "Synthetic made from the dead" or "Synthetic of immortality".
Pegging a rough time frame, younger than Blasphemy, but older than most humans.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:12 pm 
swmartian wrote:
yurak wrote:

Wow. Yes, of course! I like this spec, too. I keep thinking that Riff saw something (someone?) from 4U City in Kusari (as opposed to the Sasha theories)...

Well, the 4U equivalent of Oasis/Kusari is Harbinger, who looks somewhat like Oasis but nothing like Gwynn or Sasha.

Also, in terms of body proportions, Kusari is completely unlike Gwynn - taller and more voluptuous. Also appears taller than Sasha

Closer match would seem to be Zoe or Oasis in terms of body morphology.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:28 am 
September 18 left us on an Oasis reveal...So we are probably going to switch back to Riff and team next because Pete loves to keep us in suspense.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat