Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:28 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I had an odd dream last night. I can only remember bits and pieces of it, but it was set in a mystical boarding school of adventure. Whole bunch of students, some with mystical abilities or great physical prowess, all attended classes together. Sort of like Hogwarts, but set in what seemed to be a cross between the Dresdenverse and the Marvel Universe where people with strange powers went to school alongside people without.

I don't think this next bit is accurate because it's an extrapolation of various half-remembered bits. But the basic gist of it is that there's a security force made up of the strongest members of the student body who guarded the detention center where students who have gotten into trouble for various reasons are put. If you had a friend locked up in there you were allowed, nay encouraged, to gather together a ragtag band of misfits containing friends and allies from around the school and do battle with the security forces guarding the detention center. If you and your team managed to get inside, get your friend, and get out their sentence was cleared immediately and they were free to go. Don't get the job done fast enough, though, and the teachers would join the battle as boss monsters.

It was a strange dream.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:48 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Kajin wrote:
It was an awesome dream.

I fixed that for you. :torg:

I actually *did* have a dream last night, but it was really depressing. Out of the blue I decided to call up a childhood friend, who I hadn't spoken to in nigh on a decade plus. I magically knew that his number was the same as it was back when we lived on the same street. I called him and learned that like a year ago he was in a terrible car accident. I think he was confined to a wheel chair and he could no longer speak fluidly, he had to take frequent pauses to breath. I also learned that his older brother was killed. At one point his Mom comes on the line to yell at me because he needs his rest and all, but she mellowed out a bit when she learned it was me. I tried to continue the conversation in that "So, other then that how are you?" kind of way, but mercifully I woke up shortly thereafter.

I should look the guy up on Facebook...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:32 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Wow. That is pretty depressing...

Another dream last night. This one took place inside Dracula's Castle in the game series Castlevania. Instead of playing the good guy or the bad guy, though, I played as one of the many monsters inhabiting the castle. Not wanting to be destroyed by Belmont due to association with Dracula and not wanting to hand in a resignation letter to our boss (which would get me destroyed by Dracula), I decided to seek out other like-minded monsters and form a neutral coalition to try and take over a small section of castle for ourselves.

Utilizing the RPG mechanics to level myself up, I set out on a quest through the castle to gain strength and find as many of the powerful dark artifacts strewn throughout the castle as I could so I would be strong enough to be the protector of my fellow neutral brethren. Various wacky hijinks ensued, such as accidentally unleashing an eldritch abomination, running for my life from Dracula and his various cronies, and a recurring romantic subplot involving a mysterious yet beautiful vampire girl with an agenda of her own.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:31 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Wow, another strange dream.

Last night I dreamed that I was some kind of ice power user living in a dimension where all our heroes had been killed by the forces of evil, so I built a portal device that would send me to a different dimension and ended up getting sent to Stark Tower where I implored Pepper to help me get a hold of Iron Man and The Avengers to help me fight the evil in my world.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:19 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Took a nap earlier. While I was asleep, I had a dream that I was a wizard in a space suit, hurling fire at space zombies.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:53 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Had one last night. It's fuzzy in memory now, but I remember something about centipede parasite aliens that would latch on at the base of somebody's neck - I was trying to fight someone by whacking the darn thing off the back of his neck with a stick.

And then later on there was something about recruiting a tank crew for a Bolo (any sci-fi readers may know what I'm talking about - a humongous, AI-run tank that has guns that can defend a solar system - they always have at least one human commander in them).

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
So a week or so ago, I had a doozy... it started fairly normal, the hubby and I were spending our anniversary in a bed and breakfast downtown. When we got there, it turns out the proprietor is hugely pregnant. Like ready to pop. Sure enough, she goes into labor. But, there nobody to watch the bed and breakfast so we volunteer. Whe finally got everything under control and were able to go out for our planned celebration. We start out having drinks at this swanky cocktail bar, where the wait staff is all dressed up fancy. Our waiter turns out to be my friend Robert, who is dressed in a floor-length red sequined dress. And we're talking about a mutual friend of ours, who happens to be a rather butch lesbian irl. Robert tells me he saw her on the other side of the bar, all made up and wearing a dress. This information strikes me as odd in the dream. His attire does not. So after dinner, we're going to this murder mystery night. It's being held in a big stadium, and there's a spooky video to start things off. The lights come up after the video is over, and this lady next to me screams. There's a dead guy in a bunny suit laying in the aisle. And it's not part of the show. So we all start filing out of the room so the cops can investigate. Only, it's not the cops who come. In the lobby of the theatre, the T.A.R.D.I.S. is parked and Peter Capaldi's Doctor is there to solve the mystery, along with Clara, and for some reason, Lorde (the chick who does that Royals song... I'd link, but I'm on my Kindle). And then I woke up. I'm still rabidly curious what happened to the guy in the bunny suit.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:41 pm 
(Kajin, I am hugely jealous of your dreams!)

I had two dreams:

In the first I was part of a 3 man astronaut team during the Apollo era. One of them suspected that i wasn't qualified until I managed to fix a bank of instruments mid-flight. Once we land on the Moon, we're all out walking on the surface and we're shouting down to Earth bragging how we're the masters of the universe and all. One astronaut even tells all the Canadians to, "move back to Italy or something." However, the universe does not take kindly to our bragging as all of a sudden a guy just appears with us on the surface. (Apparently, atmosphere and heat appear as well as he does not have a suit.) Upon questioning him, it turns out that The Doctor plopped him there. (I guess he doesn't like braggarts.) Anyway we apparently have enough room to take him back to earth with us and so we do. We were also giving each other silly duties, like I was supposed to be the mustache counter. I tried to grow one but there wasn't enough time in between missions so I was forced to conclude that there were 1.5 on that mission.

The second was basically a sequel to That Thing You Do. Play-Tone has agreed to try and help the Wonders make a come back. So Tom Hanks' character is having them write out an explanation as to why they broke up in the first place. The band agrees that it was, "Too much pressure to succeed." But during this time the camera is focusing on the jerk song writer, because we all know it's his fault. After that the Wonders have a show to play and we follow Tom Hanks. He's walking around an indoor theater but it's like a huge festival going on with multiple stages. At one point Queen starts "Bohemian Rhapsody" (which is hugely anachronistic, I think) until he finally he gets to where the Wonders are playing. I think he gets angry because they're playing a different song then what he told them, but I woke up at that point.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:43 pm 
I had another dream. I was watching a playoff game at Fenway Park between the Boston Red Sox and, get this, the Montreal Expos! I say playoffs because I was definitely aware of another series being played elsewhere but I cannot remember the teams involved. I guess not only had Montreal revived themselves, but they switched back to the AL too. Anyway, the game was a total slugfest with home runs being hit left and right. Derek Jeter was playing for the Expo's and he was doing his best to keep the Expos in it, and the Boston crowd quiet (There was plenty of trash talk from the crowd), but it wasn't enough. I think the final score was 12 - 6. As i'm leaving the game I notice a crowd has gathered around a dancer and a flute player. It turns out that the dancer is Sluggy.net's own Sorceress! I start wondering if I should introduce myself, but unfortunately that's when I woke up.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:33 pm 
I had another dream. I'm on a roll. (Apologies for the triple post.)

I wake up to find my parents are moving a lot of stuff around, in preparation of painting the house. Big sheets have been hung to divide the house in two sections. Mom has something cooking in the oven, but up above the oven there's an open window where Dad has a vacuum running to suck up cobwebs. Mom is worried that the vacuum will suck up noxious gasses being vented from the oven and put it back into the house. I notice that Mom and Dad have just been to the store and bought a large amount of purple grapes and peanut butter. I notice that I have been sent a large envelop by the temp agency I work for and it contains Christmas gifts: Two books, a guide to sex and a guide for how to take care of a baby. A car seat for a baby, a large plastic toy cart thing but it was rather long as well. And like a dozen hoodies of all varying shapes and sizes. About that time, some of our neighbors come over to gossip about another neighbor. It seems pretty mean spirited, everyone seems to think he's a gang member. There are several conversations going on at this point between neighbors, neighbor's kids and us. Then we decide to take our dog for a walk (we don't actually have a dog, but whatever) She's a collie like Lassie. During the walk she gets in a fight with another dog who clamps on to the fur around her neck. Dad says to just let it play out, but the dog doesn't want to let go. We finally chase the other dog away after a while and we start showering her with love to show that we don't care that she lost the fight. Then we notice there's blood in her hair. Luckily we are in front of an animal hospital and we take her in. They take our dog right away and I sit down in the waiting room. There's a TV playing a really cheesy soap opera. There's two men in a cell but one guy is made up to look like a green alien. He's got green legs and a green head but a normal human colored torso. And that's when I woke up.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:09 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
a couple of nights ago I was dreaming that my family and I were hanging out with Harrison Ford. HE was showing us around some places, and even gave me his personal phone number in the end of the dream so that I could call him to use him as a reference for stuff. The only stipulation in the dream was that I could not ask him anything about Star Wars.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Had a weird dream last night that kinda reminded me of Battle Royale. A whole bunch of us are stranded in the deep wilderness with only a bunch of abandoned military buildings scattered about and a mysterious hotel in the dead center of the map. At the start, we're all randomly assigned to a number of different teams and the last team left alive gets to go home. But there's also a special "Opt Out Elevator" in the hotel that you can ride if you don't want to take part in the competition. No one knows where it leads or what happens to those that enter, but the host of this competition who talks to us through our headsets tells us that a random number generator set to land on any number between one and one hundred is activated upon entry and if the number landed on is anything lower than 95 you're automatically killed.

Partway through the competition, half of the player base rebels and chooses to take the Opt Out Elevator en masse. Everyone in my team, including this dream's designated love interest decides to join the movement and opt out, leaving me stranded as I don't want to risk it. Anyway, after going it alone for a week in the wilderness, almost everyone that opted out gets sent back into the competition. Apparently the host decided to make a game of it and, instead of killing everyone off randomly, he would instead have them all fight to the death in an arena and everyone who refused was killed on the spot. Among those missing was this week's designated love interest.

My character, grieving the loss of his designated love interest, forges out on his own and vows to win the competition so he'll be free. After much pain and anguish and most of the enemy players conveniently killing each other off except for the most villainous of characters which my character dispatches personally, my character wins the competition to find that all of the players struck down during the mass opt out were instead taken to a hospital and saved, as the host had decided to throw the players a bone and extract everyone who was incapacitated during the opt out. Reunited with his hospitalized love interest, the two live happily ever after.

Random thought: why is it that all the dreams I can remember are narrated in a way as if to indicate that it's a story being told as opposed to a simple dream I'm having? And why do all of my story themed dreams have a designated love interest? Like, they all take the time to point out that this girl being indicated is the love interest for that particular dream. None of the characters are even important enough to be given a name, but time is taken out of the narrative to designate someone as my character's love interest for "story purposes" or something. Maybe my dreams are telling me I should get back into writing or some other creative endeavor... Though as cliche as my dreams tend to be I doubt it's a good idea.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:20 pm 
I had an odd dream just last night/this morning. Sadly most of the details are gone now...

I remember going on a road trip with relatives, somewhere near a lake. However, something went wrong on the highway and I wound up at a military barracks, late for whatever they were doing, with the Drill Sergeant yelling at me for being out of uniform (which was a bizarre combination of several different uniforms, including PT's and an ABU belt for some reason). I hurried into the (co-ed, which struck me as very odd) barracks and found that I'd for some reason packed all of my uniform items from ROTC in my luggage... For vacation. Logic! Anyways, I woke up while I was still changing, and had just enough time to think 'you have no power here' about that whole fiasco before falling back asleep. This time I had a dream about wanting to start watching Game of Thrones and being upset because I didn't want to have to buy or rent the series. Then someone pointed out that the whole series was posted on HBO's website. I woke up (again) and checked and there it was.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:06 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The other night I had a dream about mundane super heroes. I played two roles that night.

First role was as Business Man and his sidekick Butler Boy. Together, we fought crime. It was called The Adventures of the Man in the Suit and it basically played out as Adam West era Batman.

Second role I played in that dream was as Doctor Man. Here I had a medical doctorate and had legally changed my last name to Man so that everywhere I went people referred to me as Doctor Man. I worked at a pediatric hospital and spent most of my day entertaining children coming in for surgery by tying a freshly laundered hospital bedsheet around my neck like a cape and running around with my arms out making airplane noises. Whenever I got paged over the intercom I'd plant my feet on the ground and strike a heroic pose while saying "Doctor Man, AWAAAAAAAY!" and then running off making the aforementioned airplane noises.

I have very odd dreams.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:14 am 
I wonder how many people here have dreams about Sluggy.

I once had a dream where Oasis was flying a hang glider and throwing knives to save Torg from a swarm of hornets.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat