Is it the command of admiration?
I used to think I knew.
Watching him, I realized I don't."
~Log of Enrica Vittora, SDA Lieutenant, First Class

<== CHAPTER ONE ==>

Ashes - Reignite

System: Moirai, Atropos
Location: Pandemonium Space Elevator Station 5, One-Eyed Reginald's Docks

After three standard days of travel,the White Dwarf arrived at Pandemonium's favored port of call for pirates throughout the Moirai system, Space Elevator Station 5. Below, the large planet Pandemonium stares back with brilliant mountainscapes and light, wispy clouds. Where the light of the star Atropos ends, the lights planetside begin, glowing cities filled with people.

Space Elevator Station 5, a ramshackle Spaceport filled to the brim with rowdy pirates, is connected to the planetside city of Mulciber, which supports the spaceport with its civilian population. Due to the large number of civilians just getting by, the SDA seems content to leave SES5 to its own devices, despite the number of wanted criminals that pass through its gates.

One such gate is the Dock of One-Eyed Reginald, where we find our crew, now...

------------------------------------------------------

"Enrica, my dear! Glad to see you safe! The SDA's attack on the Supernova has been all over the news, I'd heard the worst!"

As the crew steps off the ship, they are greeted by a tall man in loosely fitting clothes, a steel plate covering half of his head, including one eye. In the lobby not too far away, viewscreens with reporters and scrolling text show images of a battle in space.

Enrica scowls. "Central Government Propaganda, I wager. They're probably not telling the full story."

Looking at the crew, she says while hoisting the steel case over her shoulder. "Well... I'm going to contact and meet up with our client to make this delivery. You're welcome to come along and give that wiry nerd a stern talking-to if you like. If you'd rather explore the port, that's fine too, you've got leave time, but don't go planetside. Once I've got the money, I'll get in contact with you all and we'll meet up back here to discuss what comes next."

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"We lost our ship for that thing. I'm not leaving it out of my sight until we get paid and get out of here," Sebastian says, stepping off of the ship and moving up beside Enrica. His eyes are tired looking and there are dark bags under his eyes. Clearly he has not been sleeping well. "I'm gonna be sticking with you until then."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 am 
It takes only a moment for Fred to extract the news headlines from the local internet. Deciphering the pictures and videos will take longer, but text is quick to read.

"They are certainly not telling the whole story." he says, via the White Dwarf's airlock speaker. "If you'd like, I can send out an anonymous press release with more detail. I've saved my logs from the battle. I'll look after the White Dwarf while the rest of you head out."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:23 am 
Jomo takes a moment to stretch as approaches Enrica on the docks. There's a stack of paperwork and several books underneath his left arm, a pencil resting on his ear, and a set of bifocals resting on his nose that look almost too small to be of any use. "My apologies for being late Acting Captain Vittora," Jomo says with a surprising amount of professionalism. Equally surprising is the lack of grenades on his belt, and the fact that he's out of the garish clothing the crew has grown accustomed too. Instead he's wearing a grey suit that looks a bit too tight for him. "I had to have my usual post-battle consultation with Doctor Rocs, a small meeting with Officer Hudsol whose Corsair I apparently took, and then I had to make some account papers. Also I had to steal a suit from Officer Wilde's private collection. I forgot to bring my own." He makes a brief attempt to salute, but the quiet sound of the suit tearing at the shoulders prevents him from lifting his arm terribly high. "Ready to travel with you and negotiate mission price, as well as accommodations for damages and losses. The numbers will be a bit of a mess until I can get a full analysis of what all's left for us though."

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:35 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Feng shrugs her shoulders, and says "much as I'd love to come with, I've gotta go get some supplies. Got all the scrap I need for the Corsairs, but the Dwarf needs some parts and sundries if we're going to keep her flying, and most of Engineering's goodies were on the Supernova." She cocks her head to the side, then asks "Anyone want to come with? Or are you going to let a lady go walking around by herself?"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:29 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Rocs follows Enrica, making sure his Captain's last delivery is brought to the proper people for the proper price. He hasn't spoken a word for the entire three day trip, but hasn't neglected his duties in the slightest. The only off thing about him aside from his silence is his lack of upkeep on his Aile, which has yet to be repaired.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:30 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Enrica can't help but laugh at Jomo's attire. "Never gets old, seeing you dressed like that. Thank you, Jomo, Seb." Seeing Rocs approaching in his listless state, however, changes her demeanor somewhat. "Rocs... don't force yourself. I would say it's only human to mourn the loss of a close friend, but, well... in any case, I think the ship's doctor should take care of himself when he's not feeling well."

Looking at the group, she starts wondering aloud. "Hmmm... feels like we're missing someone..." And then, her eyes narrow as she realizes. Over her communicator she shouts in to every room in the White Dwarf at the top of her lungs.

>>HEY! MOONCRASHER! GET YOUR LAZY SCRAWNY ASS OUT OF BED! WE'RE ALREADY AT THE STATION! IF YOU GOT NOTHING BETTER TO DO GO WITH FENG TO HELP PAWN THE SCRAP!!!!<<

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:22 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Rocs blinks at Enrica, then reaches into his lab coat and pulls out a slip of paper, handing it to his new (assumed) captain.

------------------------------------

From The Desk of Dr Rocs

Please excuse Dr Rocs from speaking. He will not neglect his duties as an officer or as a doctor, however the Shatti religion demands silence in mourning until such a time as a Dirge has been written, lyrics created, and a dance step complete for the love of those lost.

Until such a time, please allow Dr Rocs to continue his duties in silence so he can fully contemplate how best to celebrate the life of Captain Rojo. Proper lyrical affection and compensation for loss is a process that can take quite a while.

If you have any questions, please feel free to step into Dr Rocs' office for a consultation*
    *Consultations will be hand written.

Your Dancer
    Dr Rocs (Written, but not dictated)

------------------------------------

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:49 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jonas was sitting, exhausted, in an empty berth. He kept staring at the memento the Captain had chosen to leave with him.

He knew he was supposed to have been up by now, but his limbs were feeling heavy. "Bet someone turned the gravity up again. Not funny....."

But then, at Enrica's shout, he stood up bolt right. Unwise, since the single blanket he was wrapped in immediately tangled in his feet, causing him to face plant in a second.

It is in this condition, face red, clothes hastily assembled, that he pulls himself out to the meeting area less than 2 minutes after Enrica's yell.

"Yes! Here! Sorry! Wait, what? What'm I supposed to do with Feng?"

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:11 pm 
Jomo's expression lightens just a little bit as Enrica laughs at his clothing, before changing to one of mock hurt. "You say that as if these clothes don't suit me, when I distinctly recall being brought aboard for my accounting skills, not my so-called 'bad habits.' And as an accountant, I should look professional at all times." He makes a vain attempt to push the tiny bifocals up his nose, but yet more quiet ripping sounds emanate from his shoulders and upper back, and Jomo slowly lowers his free arm. "Note to self: First order of business is to buy two suits. One for myself, and one to replace Officer Wilde's." He mutters under his breath. When Jonas finally arrives with the rest of the party, Jomo places one of his large hands on the scrawny boys shoulder. "I won't lie to you kid, this one is going to be dangerous. Your mission, should you choose accept it, is to accompany Feng into the wildest parts of this here port. You must stay by her side, guard her from hecklers, hasslers, pirates, merchants, and worst of all," Jomo pauses for a moment, his voice growing darker, and his eyes narrowing, "Bargain Shoppers." He pauses once again, then brightens up. "So follow Feng and hold her shopping. Wouldn't want to burden a lady with all those hefty machinery bits." With that said, he shoves Jonas towards Feng, with what he can only guess is a light push.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:58 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Feng shakes her head at Jomo's diatribe, and catches the stumbling Jonas. "Careful what you say, greenhorn. I bet I can carry him, you, and everything you're carrying all at the same time." She then releases Jonas, and says "Don't worry, lightweight. I'll lug the heavy stuff if you can't keep up."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:19 am 
"I'll have you know my horns aren't green anymore. Not completely. That's what Jonas is for. Mine are a lovely shade of teal." Jomo smiles at the cyborg engineer and makes another awkward attempt to cross his arms, which results in another ripping noise, and a few of Jomo's papers slipping out from under his armpit. After a few very quick catches, and a very painfully definitive rip in both shoulders, Jomo gets back to relative attention next to Acting Captain Enrica. "Second note to self: Two suits for Officer Wilde." He turns back to Feng and nods. "I have no doubt you could carry all that. Jonas and I both have such delicate frames after all. If we're not careful, a gentle breeze could just blow us both away." The six foot eight demolitionist accountant nods succinctly, satisfied with the comparison between himself and the youngest member of the crew. "But that's beside the point. What sort of gentleman lets a lady carry her shopping when he can offer a helping hand? And despite the fact that you've bested everyone on the ship at the old bras de fer and kicked more posterior than someone knee deep in cigarettes, you are most assuredly a lady, so it's only right that Jonas do the proper thing. We may be brigands, but we're not savages." Jomo smiles widely, and adjusts his glasses one more time, giving up all pretense of maintaining the ripped suit's sanctity. "But enough chit-chat. Shall we proceed with our duties Acting Captain Enrica?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:36 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Green horns? Mine are a lovely shade of pink," Sebastian laughs. Reaching into his coat pocket, he pulls out a list and hands it to Feng. "Mind doing me a favor? I need some supplies for a new drone workshop. You know, since my old one is gone now..." Sebastian sighs, bowing his head for a moment at the thought of the Captain before continuing. "I'd go and get this stuff myself, but I want to see this mission through to the end."

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG