Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:46 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Weeks of play have led to this. The computer displays a simple message.

As if an old style Blue Screen of Death, it stands there, blinking a single message. "The World Accepts your Resolve. The World Awaits You. Are you Ready?"

Of each of the six computers displaying this can be heard an intense whirring, the CPU apparently suddenly heavily taxed. But the players do not notice. Whether through bread crumb trails followed slavishly, or other paths, it has all led to this. A single push of the enter button......

And everything changes. The screen vanishes, and the blank blue background swells to cover their entire field of vision. It then bends forward, pixellated line in other colors swarming through it, as the tube forms, and the players are pulled forward, directly into it. There is hardly time to react before they are bodily yanked out of their position and flung, headfirst, into the tunnel. At a terrific speed they fly forward, faster and faster, until a bright light far in the distance rushes towards them and! Blackness.

The forest is almost serene. Trees extend in almost every direction, dense but not overgrown. The trees look normal enough, except for the exposed sections under the bark that look like circuit board. There is a strange tone in the air, quiet, but audible, a hum of energy. The sky is bright, but there is no sun visible, and there appears to be some flickers, the clouds having a feel of squareness, as if they are made of visible squared particles, a cloud of pixels, if you would. But less than a moment after awakening, a strange rumbling call is heard not too far off.

As far as is visible, the forest stretches in all directions, but in the distance, a single beam of light shoots up into the sky, burrowing a hole through a cloud bank like a laser.

Sitting in the clearing are:

A girl in denim jeans and a vest over her shirt, wearing goggles on top of her brown-haired head.

A deeply tanned boy, wearing a loose t-shirt and brightly colored shorts. A towel draped around his shoulders.

A dark haired Asian boy with longish hair covering his eyes, wearing headphones, strangely enough.

A small, thin girl with her long black hair in a ponytail.

A much taller, severe looking girl with a similar ponytail, wearing black clothing.

A....strange, child, short and wiry, with short blond hair in a white t-shirt.

In front of each of them, a cell phone, visible from where they awoke, sitting upright. A wide screen with only a few buttons, it looks normal except that the back is bulkier, as if there are more electronics in it. It is currently on, with only one icon visible. A flashing one that says "Open Pen."

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:02 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
The kid with the short blond hair is on one's feet faster than anything, looking around the landscape completely bewildered. Looking up into the sky, the kid mutters, "A beam of light..." an audible gasp later and the kid is calling out, "PORIMON?! Porimon?! Are you here?!" Looking around frantically, the short spikey hair kid doesn't even take notice that there are others that appeared in this odd world as well. It's then the short kids eyebrows shoot up into the spikey blond hair as the kid runs over and picks up the nearest cell phone.

"Open Pen?"

A button is pressed in curiosity.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:33 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
The brown-haired girl rubs the side of her head, then stands up roughly. "Ow... what the heck just happened," she asks, to nobody in particular. She blinks twice as she sees the strange scenery around her, and starts looking around curiously. "Seriously, where am I?" She then sees the others in the same position, and goes over to help the closest up, asking "Hey, are you OK? Do you have any idea where we are?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
What the-

A light scowl crosses the tall girl's face as she glances around, ponytail whipping behind her as she grips the brim of a baseball cap.

Who are these kids... wasn't I just...

When all of a sudden, she sees a smaller girl with goggles offering to help her up. Scowl turns in to a frown.

"I'm fine... and no, I don't..." She stands up on her own power, dusting herself off.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:41 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
There's a long, slow blink from the small Asian girl.

"Is... everyone alright?"

She slowly stands up, taking a long look around.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
The tall Asian kid with the headphones and unruly long hair blinks a couple of times, somewhat dazed and more than a little annoyed. "Where am I and what am I doing here?" The kid sits up, scratching his mop-like hair to try and get out any debris from the ground that might have worked its way into there. "Last thing I remember was finishing the game at the Lan cafe... What's going on?"

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
When Kai touches the button on the phone, it flashes with a symbol, a sort of teardrop with concentric circles in the center. At that time, all the phones are enveloped in a light, and float into the air, shooting into the hand of one person each.

In the hand of Lynn, the symbol that appears on the screen is a starburst with a spiral center. Then it flashes the text RAIMON on the screen. The burst of light resolves with the device now a yellow coloration, and sitting on the ground in front of her is a small blue colored ball, with large eyes and mouth, a sort of bouncing head with "ears" that zigzag off from either side.

Karie's device flashes with a strange shape, like a circle with two arcing shapes jutting from opposite sides. The device resolves to a ruddy brown color, and the name that appears is PEBBIMON. A strange gray sphere, cracked like a weathered stone all over the body, with a single red eye stares at her, calmly.

Kai's device turns blue as it flashes PORIMON. The creature that appears immediately jumps into Kai's arms, and appears to be a sort of bird, with a beak and deep blue eyes, and "wings" jutting off to the sides of its round body.

Abel's device displays a symbol like another sun, but smaller, without the spiral, and with a projected triangle with the top part cut off and a zigzag bottom traveling down from it. NYMPHMON appears, and as the device turns dark gray, a gray creature with a long body, tiny legs and a flat, larger than proportion head appears.

Kohaku's device flashes with what appears to be a strangely stylized heart, before the device turns red. The name is CLOMON, and what appears is a small brown creature, looking much like a stereotypical ghost, except that the edges gather on the ground like a curtain hanging too low, and the yellow eyes appear to be staring out from holes cut in the "fabric."

Meiya's device turns a pure white as it displays a cross shape, with lines radiating out in the diagonals. The name is KONEMON, and the creature that appears is very cat like in appearance, having cat ears and whiskers, and a white with brown striped body.

OOC:OK, remember, the digimon are also your characters. they know the name of the human, and a little bit about wanting to meet them, but not much else. They were living in the forest until recently when they were suddenly stored in these device. Interact a little to establish character, get introduced to your new friends and each other, all that.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:03 am 
What?

The tall girl stares at this... Rock... thing... that just popped out of this... Phone... thing... for a second before she frowns again. "...Pebbimon? Wha-"

She is instantly cut off by an exuberant voice from the rock.

"YAAAAY! KARIE IS HERE! KARIE IS HERE!" It bounces up and down in her hands. 'Karie', shocked, drops both the rock and the phone. The rock seems unperturbed by the fall and immediately bounces over and starts nuzzling her leg. "KARIE KARIE YAY~~~~"

What.

Giving the creature a kick away (with no luck), she snarls, "HEY! Back off! Just... WHAT ARE YOU!?"

The rock bounces back and closes its one eye, happily exclaiming. "I'm Pebbimon! And you're Karie! Yay!" 'Karie' bites her lower lip. "NOT. HELPFUL."

Clearly I've missed something very important here.

As 'Pebbimon' carries on happily, 'Karie' turns to the others to see how they're doing with their critters...

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:17 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Meanwhile, Meiya looks at the cat-like Digimon. The cat-like Digimon looks back at Meiya.

There's a long silence.

"KITTY!" Meiya goes to pet the cat... who promptly bobs itself backwards out of reach.

"No."

"No?"

"No."

Meiya looks at Konemon. Konemon looks at Meiya. Konemon slowly approaches Meiya, and sniffs her curiously.

"Okay. You can pet me now."

Meiya cautiously holds out her hand, and Konemon rubs into it with a soft purr.

Last edited by Ruan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:28 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Um..." Clomon nervously shuffling back and forth on its feet underneath its ghost-like robe, though Kohaku can't see if it actually has feet or not. "I'm glad that I got to meet you, Kohaku... My name is Clomon..." The digimon continues nervously shuffling around, seemingly not knowing what to do with itself.

Bending down, Kohaku takes a closer look at the strange bedsheet ghost. "Clomon? This is strange... What's going on?" Clomon shakes its head no, seemingly too nervous to talk any more, though it does nervously shoot a glance at the others in the group every so often.

Turning to the rest of the group, Kohaku asks them as well. "Does anyone know what's going on? One minute I was playing a game at a Lan Cafe. Next thing I know, I'm here."

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:32 am 
Noticing the... Japanese?... girl having about as much luck with her kitten thing as she was having with her rock thing, Karie sighs. "Guess that's about what we can expect, huh?"

"KARIE KARIE KARIE"

"And you. Calm down."

"KARIE KARIE KARIE"

"I said-"

"KARIE KARIE"

"CALM..."

"KARIE KARIE KARIE!"

"DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!"

She shouts at the top of her lungs, which at last gives Pebbimon a bit of pause. Karie's face is flushed from anger and a bit of embarassment over raising her voice, and she sighs, bringing herself down to the ground level and picking up the phone as she stares at the thing. "Let's back up a bit. I get that you're Pebbimon, and I'm well aware of my own name as well. But... what are you?" She pokes at the things forehead, trying to figure it out.

"Pebbimon is Pebbimon!" "Not helpful." "Pebbimon is a digimon!" "...A bit more helpful, but still, what." "A digimon is a digimon!" "...right, sure." She turns her attention to the phone, no longer interested in trying to gleam information from Pebbimon. "A smart phone, huh? Wonder if there's service out here." She starts poking at the screen, trying to figure out it's OS.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:35 am 
This is the brain of Abel Bolívar. Abel isn't here at the moment, as he's currently dealing with an existential crisis about the nature of reality. Please leave a message and we'll return your call as soon as the universe makes sense again. The Venezuelan boy's gaze is distant, unfocused, and not to dissimilar to that of a cow. Not even the bright flashing light and the appearance of the strange crest and phone seem to stir him to attention, or even to his feet. It isn't until the gray creature that looks somewhat like a caricature of a salamander literally slaps him in the face that he breaks out of his daze. "Hey!" He says, sitting up and rubbing the sore part of his head. "What was that for you little..." Abel's brain disconnects again as the creature looks up at him with a surprisingly belittling expression for something so much smaller in size. "Pick me up." It says. Abel does as he's told, putting the phone he only just noticed into his pocket, and awkwardly holds the creature up to face height.

"Um...hello?" He says, eyebrow raising in confusion.

"Are you as dumb as you look?" Nymphmon asks.

"That's not a very nice thing to say." Abel says, frown on his face.

"You didn't say no."

Abel's remains silent for a bit longer than he should have. "Say, I've got a great idea. Why don't you tell me your name? I'm Abel, and you are?"

"Nymphmon."

"That's...an odd name." He says, with a fake smile. "What even are you anyways?"

"The bestest Digimon ever."

"I see..." the words are weak and trail off into nothing.

The two sit (well, one sitting, one being held in the air) awkwardly until the strange creature begins to wriggle uncomfortably.

"Uhhh, is something wrong?"

"Put me down." But the struggling little 'mon's words are muted by its own efforts to escape.

"What?"

"I want a new one!" Nymphmon practically yells, beginning to wriggle around harder in Abel's grasp, trying to turn around to the other humans. "I don't want this human. Somemon trade with me. He's dumb, and doesn't listen, and his hands to too dry."

"Um...oh. Oh! Right! Salamander. Water. Duh." He says, berating himself as he gets up on his feet quickly, looking for any sort of water to set the Digimon in. Finally, he spots a small brook, and rushes over to it, nearly tripping over his feet before reaching the stream and placing the Digimon inside. It's not even deep enough to cover Nymphmon's head, but it seems to do the trick. "Is that better?" He says the smaller creature, before receiving another hit to the face, but this time from a mouthful of water from the Digimon, who sticks its tongue out at him. Surprisingly enough, Abel just smiles. "Good! You like the water too." He says before sitting down, albeit uncomfortably, in the brook. It's barely enough to get his feet wet, but he takes a seat near Nymphmon anyways. "So if I got this right, you're Nymphmon, and I'm your human, right?" The salamander like Digimon nods, and smiles for the first time. "Yes. You're mine. But only because they're all dumber than you." It says, looking at the other Digimon. "They're just jealous cause I'm the bestest." Nymphmon finishes, sticking it's nose in the air. "That's why I got put with you."

"Because I'm the bestest too?" Abel says, a small grin on his face.

"No, because you'll mess me up, and that means they can be useful too."

The sincerity of Abel's grin drops.

"But that's okay, cause I'll make you the bestest human."

"Thanks, I guess." Abel says, grin now completely gone. The fourteen year old leans back against his hands, staring up into the weird sky. "Where are we? What is this place?" He says quietly to himself as Nymphmon splashes around in the incredibly shallow water. A small smile begins to spread on Abel's face. "I gotta find out everything about this place." His head snaps back to the group at large now that Nymphmon is somewhat pacified, then waves. "Uh, sorry about that, I guess? Anyways, I'm Abel, this is Nymphmon apparently, whatever that means," he mutters the last bit under his breath, "and the last thing I remember was reaching the end of that ARG. Then there was this weird blue screen, with a yes or no question, and then I got dragged here. That happen to anyone else too?"

Last edited by ThyLordQ on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:42 am 
"Yeah, that happened to me," Karie says in response to Abel's question, more than just a hint of irritation in her voice as she plays with the phone. "Seems like a practical joke if you ask me. Just waiting for the cameras and the jerk host coming out shouting 'you got punked'!"

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
"..."

"..."

Kai stares at Porimon.

Porimon stares at Kai.

"..."

"..."

It keeps happening.

There seems to be a lot of ruckus and fuss going on around them, but they don't seem to notice or care.

"..."

"..."

"...Porimon?"

"...Kai?"

"PORIMON?!"

"KAI?!"

"KARIE KARIE KARIE"

"PORIMOOOOON!!!" Kai tackles the little bird Digimon and scoops her into a hug

"KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!!" Porimon flaps her little wings as fast as she can, nuzzling and snuggling Kai, unable to get close enough.

"PORIMON!"

"KAI!!"

"KARIE KARIE KARIE!"

"DOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!"

Kai dives onto the ground, rolling with Porimon and hugging her tight. "You're so soft! I didn't know you'd be so soft!"

"You're so warm!! Oh Kai! I got to meet you in person at last! Kai!"

"Porimon!"

The two are in their own little world, totally unaware of anything else going on around them, laughing and crying at the same time.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:34 am 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
"Hi!"

Lynn blinks and steps back in surprise, then looks down at the tiny creature in front of her. She looks down for a second, then a wide grin crosses her face as she crouches to it. "Oh, you are adorable!" she says. "What's your name?"

"I'm Raimon!" it responds cheerfully. "And I'm not cute! I'm fierce!" It then makes a *RAR!* noise at her, and bares its tiny sharp teeth.

Lynn snickers at the little creature's reaction, and says "Oh, yes you are! Very fierce!" As it grins proudly, she says "I'm sorry - my name is Lynn. It's nice to meet you. Do you mind if I ask what you are?"

"I knew that!" it says, bobbing its body. "I'm your Digimon! Of course I know your name!"

"You... you did?" She asks, curiously. "And what's a Digimon?"

"I'm a Digimon!" replies the little blue ball, and twitches its ears happily. As no further answer appears to be forthcoming, she looks at it for a second, not completely sure what to make of the little creature. "I've never met a Digimon before," she says.

"That's OK!" it replies. "I've never met a human before! We'll just both do our best, OK?"

Lynn smiles widely and says "OK, Raimon! So, what did you mean when you said you're my Digimon?"

The little creature smiles, and says "You're my trainer, and I'm your Digimon!" Its eyes then widen, and it says "We're going to go on an adventure!"

"Really?" Lynn says, a bit of excitement creeping into her voice. "What kind of adventure?"

"Oh..." it says, sounding a little uncertain. After a second, it says "I dunno," then smiles broadly and says "But we are! You wouldn't be my trainer if we weren't!"

Lynn just looks at it with a faint smile of bemusement.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG