Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:15 am 
AOL: TonySopranoRival
Location: Above a convinience store (backwaterplanet.com anyone?)
Almost 2 years ago I got a job at a small software company. I would come into work and there would be ten people in the office on any given day.

A month later we got bought by a big software company. Now there's like 100 people in the office every day, we constantly have to take business ethics training exercises, we have to remember eight different passwords to eight different company systems, and people are openly referred to as 'Resources'.

It's amazing how fast culture changes when a company grows.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
It is interesting that Microsoft did a 180 over the online requirements and used game policy for their XBoxOne a week after E3. Before E3 there was rumors about this and people were very unhappy. After E3 people went ballistic. Why would they stick to this plan when they already knew what the reaction was going to be?

I'm kind of convinced that Sony was going to do something similar, until the rumors and backlash about what MS was going to do, made them change their minds. This very quick change from MS after E3, points to that. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to shoot yourself in the foot and push your customers into the arms of your competitor when you know what the response is going to be.

Eh, I probably don't know anything, just a thought I had... Hell, I don't even care what they do. I don't own a system from either one...well, a current console that is.

Wonder what systems I had over the years? Let's see here... Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis. Playstation, XBox. I don't think there were any other ones. Well, at least I can't think of any other ones.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Atari 2600, Wii, and just recently XBox 360.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:19 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Atari 7800, NES here. I've used other peoples' atari 2600, SNES and Playstations, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:24 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
NES, N64, GAMECUBE, and Wii. There *might* be a pattern...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:23 pm 
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Mario fetish?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:36 pm 
I never owned a console; I did all my gaming on PC. However, my wife grew up on N64 and GameCube, so we bought a used N64 on eBay with a few games, and we got a free GameCube when my sister-in-law ended up with two. We don't play either one very often, though. I am strongly tempted to get an OUYA, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I have an NES, SNES, N64, and a Gamecube sitting in a row in a corner of my room next to an older model of TV that can support them all. Been slowly but surely collecting older titles to fill out my library of games for them. Mostly I just game on my PS3 and Laptop, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:35 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
N64, GameCube, Wii, PS2, PS3 and 360. Plus a GBA and a DS Lite. What happens when two gamers marry lol

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:09 pm 
no PSP?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:05 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Jorodryn wrote:
no PSP?

on the want list along with a Vita.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I also had a GameBoy. I had a feeling that I was forgetting something.

Keep threatening to get a console again. I've doing that ever since the 360 and PS3, but then I look at how much the games cost (even used). Can't justify getting one when I can get PC games so much cheaper. Though I may be a strange one since I don't buy any game when it first comes out. I'll wait years -if I have to- for the price to go down.

It's interesting when I come across a hardcore console player who will disparage a PC player for spending so much more money just for the hardware. I mean yes, I could of about gotten a console for what my last video card cost. But, a computer can do a whole lot more than just games. They tend to ignore/forget that. Of course they also tend to be the ones who call themselves "gamers" but only play the multiplayer of one or two FPS games, over, and over, and over...

I'm probably being biased though.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
My laptop was only four hundred dollars. It can play most modern PC games. I enjoy that.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Over the years between my wife and myself: Atari 2600, Gameboy, Gameboy pocket, Gameboy color, Gameboy SP x 3, DS, DS Lite, 3DS, NES, SNES, N64 x 2, GameCube, Wii, Megadrive, PS1 x 2, PS2 x 2, PSP, 360 x 2 and an Intellivision.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 pm 
AOL: Dodger724
I also own an original Game Boy, a Game Boy Advance, and a DS original.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat