Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:46 am 
Do you ever have dreams where your spouse/significant other/partner acts like a huge bizarro-world douche, and then you wake up furious? On a couple of occasions, I've woken up and nearly punched Ngau, and he's all "What did I DO?!"

Recently I dreamed that he smoked weed before work. I kept telling him to call in sick because he was obviously high, and he kept saying he was fine. So he left, to go to his job, teaching kindergarten, stoned.

Then, a couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I had to go to the hospital because I was in labour, but Ngau was too busy hanging out with his friend to take me, so I had to walk by myself. The weird thing was that I wasn't even mad at him in the dream, just mildly annoyed. It was like "Oh, Bob wants to stay over at our place tonight? Fine. Well I'm gonna be at the hospital giving birth, so I guess I'll see you later."

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:04 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I don't ever remember waking up from a dream angry. Happy, yes - I've even been known to deliberately go back to sleep to keep dreaming and sleep a day away if I don't have anything else to do. Frightened, yes - though rarely. The worst was tied with the first and only case of sleep paralysis I've ever gone through, and still to this day remains the number one most terrifying experience I've ever had. I'd never understood the term 'paralyzed with fear' until that point. Generally though, 'completely, utterly confused' is more often than not my reaction to a dream. Most of my dreams tend to be very fragmented and skip around in content. Strangely, I rarely if ever dream about people I know. The people I encounter in my dreams tend to have definite personalities, but... hm. Saying they are 'faceless' isn't quite correct. The faces are there, but they're blurred. Have you ever been in a crowd, and just not really paid attention to the people passing by? If you see the woman in the red dress, you might remember the red dress, but you wouldn't remember the face. It's kind of like that. I remember speaking to them, their voices, maybe what they're wearing, but I never remember a face. I remember the faces being there, but... blurred. Unimportant.

Never really thought about it til just now. Interesting.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:58 am 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
I don't do that, but my hubby does ALL THE TIME. Usually cuz I dream cheated on him. For some reason all his nightmares seem to involve me leaving him for another guy or telling him I still love him WHILE I'm with another guy. And then he wakes up pissed at me.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:32 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
I also generally don't see faces. I've woken crying before, but very rarely do dream emotions last.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:52 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yes, but only twice that I remember. One had me catching Ridcully in the act and me going into hysterics while Ridcully calmly told me I was being ridiculous and making a scene (while the other woman got dressed off to the side).

The other had Ridcully getting some girl preggers, and again telling me I was being irrational when I flipped out.

I woke up pissed each time and told Ridcully about the dreams, to which he replied "...And? I'm sorry dream me is a douche?"

I think the worst part of those dreams is having someone tell you your perfectly rational reaction is somehow over the top. I've had other nightmares of a similar nature that didn't involve cheating. e.g. a nightmare about being at a cocktail party where the people were definitely "off", and when I tried to tell whoever was in attendance with me they told I was being foolish. And then I slowly realized that we were the only ones moving and everyone else was speaking in loops, and still my companion rolled her stupid eyes. Stupid companion. By the time I made it to the exit, because I was too insecure to just listen to my gut and not her, it was too late - the Darkness had swallowed the house whole and we were trapped.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
I had a weird one once. My wife and I were having an argument that we'd had in real life, and in the dream she made utterly terrible arguments. So bad that my dream-observer began steelmanning them out of embarrassment, like, "Oh come on, she didn't say that. She would have said X". By the time I woke up, I realized she was right.

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
I virtually never dream about my husband or my partners. However, my husband apparently frequently dreams about my insane nuclear family and various ways he gets embroiled in their crazy. He always finds it amusing upon waking, thank ceiling cat (I always feel vaguely guilty).

Post Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:11 pm 
inspiration wrote:
thank ceiling cat

... ...

... awesome.

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: nightflyer87
I've had those dreams where he's run off to be with another woman. In the dream I track them down and get *ahem* kinda psychotic. When I wake up, I spend the next several days depressed and pissed off. He finds it funny, but after a few days he starts telling me to let it go since it was just a dream.

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:09 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
If I had a significant other and she was ticked off at me because I cheated on her in a dream, I'd probably be just as annoyed at my dream self as her, seeing as that's the one thing I know I will never do in real life. I've had to pick up the pieces of idiot friends from those relationships one too many times for that.

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:40 am 
I rarely dream, or at least, I rarely have dreams I remember. I don't remember ever having a dream where my wife was cheating on me, although I had a couple where she'd died and I woke up extremely distraught, only to realize she was still alive and right there next to me.

I hate those.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:11 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Man, last nights dreams were the weirdest I've had in a long while. The first one, I was an actor in a shadow puppet theater when some sort of Batman/James Bond hybrid comes in and recruits my help to stop the local villain from destroying the city. Only he gets killed and now it's up to me and my ragtag band of friends to save the city from nuclear destruction.

The second dream was some sort of Zelda clone co-op dungeon platformer game where we were sent down into dungeons to destroy these creatures for the sacred treasures they were guarding.

The third and final one has a lot more detail because I remember the most about it. The setting takes notes from both Codex Alera and Starship Troopers. The humans are a race of hyper militaristic warmongers who are in an alliance with the Marat, whom they share the continent with. The humans and the Marat went to war with this species of giant aquatic dragons that hold dominion over the other continent on the planet that we all live on. This is where I came in. My character is a fresh out of the academy Lieutenant in charge of his own ship and is in a love triangle with a female Marat warrior sent as a gesture of goodwill to help with the fighting and a psychic girl who lives as a civilian plying her psychic trade in the city.

Anyway, a fleet of powerful warships is sent over to the continent ruled over by the aquatic dragons to try and take it from him, but the battle is lost because they're f*cking dragons. They tore our ships to pieces. Also, my character gets dishonorably discharged when he refuses to set off a nuke because it would kill the Marat girl that makes up a part of his love triangle. So he goes back to the big futuristic city and lives his life in a small bunker on the top of a skyscraper, because apparently that's where the poor people live. But then something happened, and the military comes back to enlist my character's aid, but before I can find out what it was that happened I woke up.

Last night was an unusual one.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:38 am 
Last night I dreamed that I found a WGARS thread game that actually had rules. It was 17 pages long and I had been active on pages 1 and 2, and most of page 3 was people trying to figure out what to do since I'd abandoned the game.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 am 
Last night I dreamed that I was driving around my old hometown. I noticed a wasp in the car. I let it out the window.
I saw a wasp. I let it out the window, thinking it had somehow gotten back in.

Then I saw another. I realized I had a wasp's nest behind the sunshade.

I pulled into a mechanic in a really really poor neighborhood (think patched tents, not trailer park) and got out. The car was soon covered in wasps.

I went walking to get my wife, who had bug spray. The road was no longer a road, but a hallway from a 19th century apartment building. She was on the other side of the door to the next hallway, and after I came through we jammed towels under it to make sure the wasps couldn't follow. I thought it would be wise to get a beekeeper's outfit or wait until evening so they'd be in their nest and asleep. So we waited, and then I woke up.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 am 
Still front page, so I don't feel bad about possibly casting Resurrect on this thread by contributing my own wierd night-time hallucinations.

The first one requires me to give a bit of background- 2009, moved to Arizona and my daughter was born. 2011, my mother died.

In this particular dream, I'm back at my childhood home (in Florida) visiting, if I could gauge the year, it would be approximately 2012-2013 because my daughter is running around with my sister and her kids.
In the dream, I'm standing by a fence seperating the front yard from the back yard and watching this bird- either a chicken hawk or a golden eagle playing with a calico Maine Coone cat. My mom is standing beside me as we talk about what we're watching. I take my eyes off of the bird and cat and say something to my mom, and she says in her usual (while living) snarky tone, "Well, you would have lost money on that bet- the cat's dead."
I turn to look and the cat has its side torn open and the bird's beak is buried in its ribcage. Without batting an eye, I look at my mom, shrug, and watch my sister and daughter playing with an adolescent Bengal tiger.

The next dream occurred last night and is very niche-specific. In this dream, I'm reading/watching a comic. Not just any comic, but Spider-Man (616, never could get into Ultimate Marvel). The issue I'm reading is almost a massive reboot of the entire Spidey-continuity, because Peter Parker is not Spidey, instead it's a mixed-race guy. Gone is the bite of the radioactive/genetically altered spider, instead, his powers are granted explicitly by the Terragen Mists. During the course of the comic, when it comes time for Spidey to don his costume, he is grabbed by Black Bolt and Medusa of the Inhumans- at this time, the dream-comic shifts to an animation style reminiscent of the 1990s Spiderman cartoon on FOX.

Black Bolt and Medusa take Spiderman to Attilan, explaining his powers until they take him into a lab. BB and Medusa exit the lab, locking Spidey in and flicking a switch, causing 8 nozzles to come out of the walls. The nozzles then spray a black substance on Spidey that forms a costume that looks exactly like the black suit. A freeze-frame of the animation that closes out that segment is of a nearly-silohuetted Spider-Man perched on webs (think MacFarlane Era Spidey-art) attempting to pull the black suit off.

I can only conclude that I need to consume less mustard before I sleep based on these dreams.

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat