Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:51 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"I just want to get home. And rest. Shin will get his sooner or later - his type always does. What goes around comes around. We won't need to do anything. Besides, he is an established Arbiter, with support from those higher up. And ultimately, he did get the job done... despite his methods. Aside from giving our own honest reports, there is little else we can - or should - do. For now."

Harmony sighs.

"So. Let us go back. Now. Please."

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I second that," Lumina says, in reply to Harmony. She's got herself under control now. Naomi licks her cheek affectionately before bound off and taking a playful swipe at the newborn baby dragon. "I would very much like to go somewhere calm and sleep for a while."

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:45 pm 
"Yeah, we're unlikely to get the opportunity to do anything to Shin, but right now it's just nice to imagine a bit." Alexis glances briefly at Asch. "What he did, was to kill a few hundred people and three goddesses through a Leyline collapse. And shoot a little girl in the head."

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:17 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
At Asch's interjection, the Awakener's mask snaps towards her, and it gestures to the roiling ball of darkness. "It is Wrong," the hollow god states. "Can you not feel the wrongness? It is something that should have met its end but lingers on, unable to die. It is festering, sick, and unhealing. It is something that desperately wants to end, needs to end, but cannot end. There are no other words - if anything in this universe is Wrong, this is it. It should not be but is."

The Awakener's arm then drops to it's side, and looks Asch in the eyes, covered as they are. "Though he did not create it, in arrogance, vanity, and recklessness, he led to its birth. He has no regrets that he led to its creation. He does not care how many souls he plunged into its Wrongness. Perhaps he is no demon, but he is nonetheless an enemy of this Universe."

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:11 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Asch is silent for a moment, and then gives a derisive sneer back at Awakener. "I fail to see your point. I sense a lack of balance in the universe as well, but I can assure you that is more common than you might think. What's more... we knew what would happen when a Leyline would be cut; we fought to prevent that, but none of the mortal souls caught in it feel anything of it. It makes no sense to dwell on this; there are better things to use our time on."

Turning around, she looks at Harmony and nods. "While I would like to ask you some questions... I agree, let us rest first."

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:09 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico coughs again as another laugh escapes his throat. "Now, now, kids, is this really the time? I'm sure Teach doesn't want to keep hovering in this void while everyone mopes about how big and bad the big kid is."

He shakes his head. "So much anger against Shin. All of it so sudden. How very, very strange....."

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:41 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Bad things happen all the time, Serpico," Lumina responds. "Bad things happen to good people. People who did nothing to deserve it. Those three goddesses are no more. Because something bad happened to them, they have been destroyed. And we don't even know what state the mortals are in, but it would be foolhardy to assume anything other than that they have been grievously harmed."

Lumina draws in a deep breath to steady her nerves, and continues. "I became an Arbiter because of that. Even when I myself was a mortal, I worked long and hard to make sure good things happened to good people, and I worked long and hard to visit bad things upon people who have done bad things. Shin's actions this day have harmed a great many people. Because of his selfish, short-sighted actions, a great harm was done. So I ask you. What reason would I have to not be angry?! What is strange about the hatred I feel?! THE PURPOSE OF MY EXISTENCE HAS BEEN SPAT UPON, AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT!! WHY WOULD I NOT BE ANGRY?!?"

Before anyone can say anything, Lumina slams down hard on her return rune and vanishes from sight.

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:26 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
As Serpico's needles flow out of everyone, the fear of what they have been through washes over them and tempers rise. Athena turns to Lumina, "Yes. What Shin did was horrible... and he will defend it by saying there was no safe way to capture the Golem. And that he had no idea smashing the crystal and the Golem would cause the Collapse. And his commanders will believe him."

Athena then listens to Alexis, "Hmm... I think I heard most of that, if not all of it. It seems calling our culprit Tattered Cloak is something I can remember. Any record of the trace Asch preformed is gone from my book... but oddly enough, everything about a shattered world, eggs, and the possibility of there being more... it seems whomever this person is, they don't mind us knowing of this threat of making more..."

She grins at Chandi, "There's one thing I can guarantee you... Shin will never be an Elder God. I doubt he'll move very high in rank at all. There have been other hot-headed power-mongers like him before. They usually end up burning themselves up and retiring early when they find out they are not flawless." She floats in silence as her students vent their wrath against Shin.

"Asch has a point. You all need to calm you rage... I promise you if you just go and attack Shin, not only will you get yourself killed, but you'd be breaking an Arbiter Law attacking another Arbiter unprovoked. Now... if you were to challenge him to a duel... well that's another thing. But like it or not, Shin is beyond you right now simply because he has both his Shift stages open. I hope to change that shortly."

She turns to Awakener, "Yes... that collapsed core IS wrong. But you need to all realize that with or without Shin, chances are this planet was doomed the moment that Crystal took hold. It had a failsafe to destroy the Leyline upon it's destruction. Shin is a coward that lives in his own little world and constantly routes Ethics... but he did not set the Crystal on that world, nor did he infect it's people. He's a sniveling little idiot who does what he wants because he can... but the Universe IS balance. His kind will not last. But like it or not he IS an Arbiter and he DOES get his missions done. If he broke Arbiter law, he would not be an Arbiter. You all may not like it, but right now there is not a thing you can do about it. I suggest letting it be for now, we have greater concerns."

She waits in silence as Lumina teleports off in rage, "Serpico... honestly. I would tell them what Shin has done to you before they think you really idolize him." She taps her recall Rune, and everyone returns to her classroom.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG