Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Aha! The key to escape must be to establish a running theme. I shall choose the lemon door.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:01 pm 
The new room you enter is exactly like the one you just left, except a bit smaller in all dimensions, and the door on the right has a doorknob shaped like an orange.

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:22 am 
I shall pick the orange door, because oranges taste better than lemons.

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:47 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
The orange turns out to be rotten on the bottom, and you get mold on your fingers. Fortunately, the next room is made mostly of paper towels, with a sink with some soap in the center. And a good thing, too. That mold felt like it was attacking you.

As the specks drift down the drain, you look around more thoroughly.

There are no doors.

So you go digging through the paper towels for a while, and eventually uncover a door, about 1m square, in the floor. A large lemon has been painted onto it. You see no way to open the door.

After some more digging, you find another door. A small sculpture of a lemon is in its center. Again, you see no way to open the door.

After a bit more digging, you find that each door has a big red button next to it, labelled 'close'. The buttons are already down, but each is also inscribed with a set of arrows pointing clockwise - perhaps turning the button will enable it to pop out.

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:02 am 
I try turning the button on the second door, because I'm not digging that far for nothing. Also, let's turn it counter-clockwise, because the instructions were probably for shutting it in the first place.

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:41 am 
Bookerdash got me thinking of trying this...

After a puzzling delay, the door suddenly springs open, and soon you find yourself in a long, low hall, which is lit up by a row of lamps hanging from the roof. There are doors all round the hall, but they are all locked (including the one from which you entered); and when you have been all the way down one side and up the other, trying every door, you walk sadly down the middle, wondering how you are ever to get out again.

Suddenly you come upon a little three-legged table, all made of solid glass; there is nothing on it except a tiny golden key, and your first thought was that it might belong to one of the doors of the hall; but, alas! either the locks are too large, or the key is too small, but at any rate it does not open any of them. However, on the second time round, you come upon a low curtain you had not noticed before, and behind it is a little door about fifteen inches high.

The key appears to fit the lock, but just before you open it, you realize that the large wooden panel at the end of the hallway is in fact a gigantic door. Despite its size, the lock appears to be a fit for your key as well, but it is far too high for you to reach; and the door appears to be too heavy at any rate.

As you ponder this, your eyes fall upon the table once more, and this time you spy a little bottle on it (which certainly was not there before), and round the neck of the bottle is a paper label, with the words DRINK ME beautifully printed on it in large letters. Adjacent to it is a little glass box, inside of which is a very small cake, on which the words EAT ME are beautifully marked in currants.

Who knows? Maybe there's lemonade in the bottle, or a lemon cake in the box.

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:00 pm 
AOL: drachefly
I open the little door and see if I can fit through. If I cannot, I try to pull some wacky engineering stunt to get big. No way I'm eating the cake or drinking the fluid.

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:30 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
You look at the small door, and decide that you probably can shimmy thorough. It's tight but you are making progress, but it is tiring. As you are taking a small respite before continuing, you look closer at the room. It hasn't changed, it is still has at table with some cookies, a tea cups on saucers at each place setting, and a pot of tea in the middle. The slightly odd feeling of the room starts to percolate through your brain.

It's the scale of the room. It's about five times smaller than normal, or you are five times too big. The two doors you can see are the same size as the one you are squeezing through. This not going to work. This is hard enough getting through this door. So, you -much more easily- back out of the doorway, stand up, and determinedly stare at the large door.

You decide on a different tactic and try to bash open one of the other doors. You succeed in breaking open one of the doors, to only find that a small vestibule with only enough room for the door to swing in, is behind the door. Now your shoulder, leg, and some ribs hurt. You look at the big door again.

Formulating a new plan you grab the table, but stop as you were about to carelessly fling the bottle and the box to the floor. Instead, you gently carry the table (with the items on top) to the large door. Putting the table against the door, you pick up the items and put them on the floor out of the way. Climbing on top of the slightly unstable table, you can almost reach the keyhole. Leaning up on your tiptoes you can almost... Then the table collapses.

You land hard on your back and can see stars in your vision. Also you can hear a weird noise that is not coming form you. Pushing up slightly you see that the table has crushed both the bottle and the box. The table is doing something...strange. It looks as if it is increasing to double its size and decreasing to half its size at the same time. Then it suddenly stops, and turns to dust.

You sigh and crawl over to the wall and sit on the floor.

"Master!"

"What is it Jgor?"

"Subject Beta256 is not following the plan!"

"How so?"

"Wanton destruction of the maze, and destruction of required components!"

"Hmm. We can't have that now. Send them to...Door Storage."

"Yes Master! Muhhaahhaa-"

"Jgor! Stop. I'm the only on who is allowed to laugh, remember? Don't make me have you 'retire' yourself and active Kgor."

"...yes master..."

"Muhhahhaahhaa, muhhaahh!"

As you are sitting there in mild pain, the walls start to 'melt'. You quickly get up and see the room 'reform'.

There are doors everywhere. Thousands, ten thousands, millions? Held up on rails on the ceiling mostly. Suddenly you hear some screams. Sounds like children...

Rushing over towards the screams you heard, you halt suddenly as what you can only describe as, 'monsters', come out of two doors that are held by some contraption on the floor. You quickly hide and feel a twinge from your leg as you change direction too abruptly.

The two monsters that came out are happily high-fiiving each other. They walk away from you as they are jovially chatting, as they are moving towards two other 'monsters' who are wearing hardhats.

The two doors are still there, and you think the screams came from them. One is blue with yellow stars. The other is pink with red flowers. Neither looks like they go anywhere, but the 'monsters' did come out of them...

The 'monsters' backs are still towards you as they are chatting. You sense you don't have much time to decide what to do.

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:57 pm 
I head for the door -- blue w/ yellow stars. Maybe a bit gender-normative of me, but....

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:23 am 
Rushing through the door, you stop as you are confronted with darkness. Light coming from the door you still have open helps you to make out some details. Trying to focus on details, you can see that this is a bedroom, and it is apparently night out.

You can make out that there is a six panel door with a crack in one of the panels that is glowing slightly which you guess goes out of the room. Over in the corner is an old wardrobe with a lion carved into the wood. And there is a screaming little boy that is gripping something with both hands over his head as he moves towards you.

As he smacks you hard in the head, you tumble backwards in to the room with all the doors. As the boy slams the door and you fall dazed to the floor, it occurs to you that it was an aluminum baseball bat. It made a nice ringing sound.

Pushing yourself back up, you lock eyes with the four monsters at the other end of the room. The monsters don't move.

Then they do by throwing their hand in to the air and start screaming. They run every which way like a chicken with its head cut off. Except one, it does stop long enough in its panic to slam a hand/tentacle down on a large red button. Alarms begin blaring immediately.

Being extremely thankful for adrenaline, you get to your feet and run to the other door. You flinch slightly as you are turning the knob as something comes down from the ceiling and loudly locks onto the top of the door. Going through the door you are greeted by light. And screams...again.

A little girl in the bed is screaming her head off at your intrusion. Also a woman sitting on the edge of the bed with her hands around the girl is screaming as well. Though hers is a bit more specific. "JAAAAAAAASSOOOOOOOONNNN!"

Flinging open the door you just came though, you are confronted with a normal looking closet for a little girl, not the monsters' room. Quickly looking back you see an open window with a tree limb close to it, and an open door out of the room to what looks like stairs that probably go to the front door.

You can hear loud footsteps coming your way.

"This is fun master!"

"Jgor."

"Sorry master..."

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:03 pm 
[OOG: I think my game just got hijacked... :sam: /]

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
[OOG- you did say low key RPG]

It looks like I made it back to the real world. I'm not going to risk it by tussling with an unknown entity. I run a jump out the window reaching towards the tree limb.

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:04 am 
[Oddly Oblong Gorgonzola: Don't worry, it still has doors in the end...or near enough...]

Surprisingly, you catch it and are able to hang on. You steal a quick glace back at the window to see if anyone is coming after you... You do a double-take as you see that there is no window, just a wall with some ugly plaid wallpaper.

Twisting around while holding on to the limb, you notice some things. The room is triangular. It is well lit, but not overly bright. There is a door in each wall. There are somethings near the trunk of the tree. The floor seems to sparkle in the light. The tree is not a real tree. It looks a bunch pf rebar that's been welded together to look like a tree. And your feet are only about a meter from the ground. You decide to drop down.

The ground is harder that you expected, but when you take a step you almost lose your balance on the sparkly floor. It's very slippery, since whatever it is composed of moves very easily, and makes a strange noise as step on it. A metallic grating noise.

Gingerly, you walk over to the tree's trunk. There's a table with five objects, a comfy looking chair and a sign hanging above the table. The sign (written in crayon) says: L & R Relaxation Station. Thieves will be immediately immolated. All others are safe for as long as they wish.

Warily, you look at the table. There are three glass pitchers containing ice and a liquid which are just now starting have condensation forming on the sides. There is some printing on each one. The first says: Lemon juice (no sugar) only 55 Gralevs per glass. The second: Lemonade (with sugar) only 30 Gralevs per glass. The third: Super Saturated Sugar Water (with a touch of lemon) only 350 Gralev per glass. Next to the pitchers is a drinking glass and small glass jar. The jar says: Honesty is the Best Policy.

Great. You're thirsty, but have no money of any sort, and it seems pretty clear what will happen if you don't pay. You decide to go and sit down since the adrenaline is wearing off.

Moving towards it you are disheartened to see some lettering embroidered on the corner of the back. One rest (12 hours max) only 1080 Gralevs per sit.

Should of known. So, you carefully go and look at all the doors then return back to the tree. Every single door has an image of toothless beaver standing on its back legs with the broken teeth laying near its feet, but with some differences. One has its paws covering its eyes. Another has its paws covering its ears. And lastly, one has its paws covering its crotch.

You need to try and rest first before deciding though. Checking the tree trunk, you see no lettering, so you ease down to the ground and lean against the tree. It is extremely sharp. Damn.

As you go to move, your one hand digs into the ground and feels very familiar. Lifting a handful of 'dirt' up, you see that it is composed of flat multicolored circular discs. Looking even closer at one, you see that it has some printing on it that spells out 100 Gralevs. Sorting, you see that there are only five denominations: 5, 15, 35, 85 and 110.

Excitedly, you count out the coins and select a drink and quaff it all, then a second, then a third, and fourth but only partially drink it. Scooping up some more 'dirt', you count out 1080 Gralevs and put them in the jar. Sinking down into the hedonisticly comfortable chair, you take a sip of your drink, close your eyes, and go to sleep.

Board index » Chat Forums » Word Games and Random Silliness