Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Kill Em All?
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 am 
I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed Chen forgot to exempt himself from the general execution order. However, he was still alive and loose back in the present.

Post subject: Re: Kill Em All?
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 am 
kitoba wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed Chen forgot to exempt himself from the general execution order. However, he was still alive and loose back in the present.

I'd noticed that too, I wonder if Pete did that on purpose?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:40 am 
I noticed it as soon as he gave the order, and was surprised as I continued to read the comic that he didn't regret it immediately. He was standing right next to her. Seems safe to say that Kusari is going by the spirit, not the letter of the order. But there's always room for a twist on Monday!

By the way, he wasn't loose in the present, he was handcuffed.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 am 
kitoba wrote:

I actually didn't notice it until Silicon Wolf pointed out that there was a logic flaw in that order. Then I read it again and thought, "Chen, you idiot!"

I'm wondering why he wanted Daedalus alive, though. Slow torture?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:57 am 
Guys, Did you not see?
Apparently if you are CEO of Hereti Corp, you can Control Kusari, She has no Say in the matter.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:03 am 
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Guys, Did you not see?
Apparently if you are CEO of Hereti Corp, you can Control Kusari, She has no Say in the matter.

What happens if you are CEO of Hereti-Corp and you order Kusari to kill you? What happens if you order her to disregard your orders, including this one? :torg:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 am 
Ijustwanttofly wrote:
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Guys, Did you not see?

What happens if you are CEO of Hereti-Corp and you order Kusari to kill you? What happens if you order her to disregard your orders, including this one? :torg:

Override B-1.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:12 am 
I think Kusari's prime directive is to protect the CEO at all costs.

What's more amazing is that Schlock didn't seem to know that about Kusari, at all. Does he not know who she is either?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:23 am 
Kesandru wrote:
I think Kusari's prime directive is to protect the CEO at all costs.

What's more amazing is that Schlock didn't seem to know that about Kusari, at all. Does he not know who she is either?

I think Schlock knew but I don't think he knew that when Schlock reinstated Chen he gave up his CEO "powers"

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:25 am 
(edit: partially eclipsed by the previous post but still...)

A few thoughts...

It's obvious that Kusari is brainwashed or programmed somehow. I don't really see a way for her to have taken to her task with such immediate passion otherwise. Secondly, Schlock (and Chen, obviously) knows this. There was no confusion from Schlock about the effectiveness of such an order from Chen. Schlock knew immediately what he had done when Chen gave the order.

As for the wording of Chen's order... I see a few possibilities:

1. 'Chen' is, in fact, the *real* Daed. And Kusari and Schlock both know this (again, the last of confusion on either part about the order).
2. Chen can't be killed; he's immortal. He may already be dead/undead. Remember, he used to work at Orsintos, the ghost/zombie research lab. Again, Schlock and Kusari know this. Kusari could also be "not alive" in some form, which is why Chen didn't exclude her from the target list.
3. That's not really Chen but some sort of remotely-controlled construct (like Schlock's balloon decoys). Ties in with the previous.
4. Kusari has a Robocop-style directive programmed in that prevents any harmful action from being taken against the CEO of hC, no matter what. Chen and Schlock both know about it which is why Chen failed to see the need to exclude himself.

One interesting note, though... Why kill everyone in the building? Schlock, yes. But everyone else? It's not like anyone would really oppose him, with Kusari under his control. Maybe it's all a "know too much to live" kind of thing. *shrug*

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:36 am 
Shlock knows Kusari obeys the CEO --that's how he took power over Hereti Corp initially, remember? He knew once he legally controlled HC, he also controlled Kusari.

I don't know how he knew that, however.

http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=070914

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:22 am 
kitoba wrote:
Shlock knows Kusari obeys the CEO --that's how he took power over Hereti Corp initially, remember? He knew once he legally controlled HC, he also controlled Kusari.

I don't know how he knew that, however.

http://sluggy.com/daily.php?date=070914

OH so Schlock was testing his newly found powers of Kusari.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 am 
I would have been more careful about my wording if I was Chen too, but I'm not really surprised she didn't take the order the wrong way. She is capable of rational thought and probably has no reason to try to turn the order against Chen. (In fact, she seems to have no motives of her own at all beyond sometimes very short-term convenience.) I would not, however, be surprised if we saw an exchange like "You want me to kill you as well?" "I know full well you can't kill the CEO." after all this. (Well, except that it doesn't go with the time-jumpy style this chapter has.)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 am 
kitoba wrote:

I'm not entirely sure about that. He did promote her just before that. It could actually have been for practical reasons, but it might also have been an attempt to gain her favour, the same way it obviously worked with Gennaro.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:47 am 
Yet another thing, if this hasn't been said. When Torg and Bun-bun saw Chen, I imagine his boss was Daedalus. I suppose he must have had something that made him more than indispensable for Chen. Maybe they're partners in whatever they're doing, but Daedalus somehow managed to claim superiority.

Oh, and one more. If Schlock gets through this alive, and I find it hard to imagine he doesn't, he could end up on the heroes' side again.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat