Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:01 am 
Offline
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 am
Posts: 1958
ICQ: 8854007
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe exands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
I am curious to know if I am the only one that thinks Torg is better off without Zoe. Sure she has had an impact on the story in her own right, but I am sort of relieved she is not around. Torg seems more focused and such. He hasn't been concentrating on getting her back either. His focus has been to wipe out the evil organizations. I know he misses her, that would be normal for anyone. I know he wants her back, but I think it is more from the stand point of having the whole Sluggy crew back as opposed to a love obsessed crazy person.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:59 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:54 am
Posts: 507
Am I the only one that thinks that Zoe and Torg are the only people in Sluggy that still have the effects of the Love Potion within them and their Love for each other is actually a lie?

It's sad but I can't keep thinking that The Love Potion gave Torg and Zoe some sort of ill effect to them because they drank it but even though the Potion's Effect should have worn off Torg and Zoe both looked at each other at the same time and RIGHT when the effect went off so that probably would have cursed them to having some sort of feelings toward each other for a very long time.

Some evidence to this would be that Torg and Zoe CAN move on and have different Relations with other people (Torg with Angela and Zoe with Leo for Example), but for some reason after the Love Potion incident They can't seem to get each other out of their heads.
Torg however had feelings for Zoe for a long time but because of Oasis he couldn't tell her and also because of Oasis Zoe started getting feelings for Torg on "Fire and Rain".

Although I think that's part of their Subconscious of the Love Potion, I mean Zoe changed her Dress most likely because it was the Same Dress she wore on Their Date.

Anyway that's just a thought I had about the whole Torg and Zoe thing. It's a shame since Zoe is probably the only person that Torg has had somewhat of a Decent (and Normal) Relationship with and probably vice versa (although Zoe and Leo was pretty civilized even though Leo Hit her at the end).

It would break Torg down even more to find out Zoe's Situation.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:41 pm 
Offline
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 pm
Posts: 37
Website: http://arithmeticonthefrontier.blogspot.com/
Location: Canada
Jorodryn wrote:
I am curious to know if I am the only one that thinks Torg is better off without Zoe. Sure she has had an impact on the story in her own right, but I am sort of relieved she is not around. Torg seems more focused and such. He hasn't been concentrating on getting her back either. His focus has been to wipe out the evil organizations. I know he misses her, that would be normal for anyone. I know he wants her back, but I think it is more from the stand point of having the whole Sluggy crew back as opposed to a love obsessed crazy person.

You're not alone on the Zoe thing; I did a whole thread on the premise that the story needed her to die. See "Some blood in the water for the jumping sharks" from August last year.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 188
WLM: saintsandpoets@hotmail.co
AOL: songoforion
Location: Nashville, TN
I find the prevalence of this opinion very interesting. Personally, I disagree and want to see those two together and happy in the end. But a lot of folks here are done with Zoe. Has Pete screwed up somehow that so many would rather see Zoe go?

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 am
Posts: 5105
Location: Australia
Zoe is my favourite character. She's in essence the only normal one. Sure crazy stuff happens to her but the way she reacts is the most normal of all the characters.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:54 am
Posts: 507
Orion wrote:
I find the prevalence of this opinion very interesting. Personally, I disagree and want to see those two together and happy in the end. But a lot of folks here are done with Zoe. Has Pete screwed up somehow that so many would rather see Zoe go?

It make a great end (by golly I think it would be a tearful one!) but as you can see...It's not the end.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 773
AOL: MarcusQDunn
Location: snuggling Kittens
Orion wrote:
I find the prevalence of this opinion very interesting. Personally, I disagree and want to see those two together and happy in the end. But a lot of folks here are done with Zoe. Has Pete screwed up somehow that so many would rather see Zoe go?


How is it screwed up when Pete could be writing her out as well as he is? Personally to me Zoe NOT coming back would be story telling risk that can pay off big time. And given she is in a terrible state, you would need to have a really damn good explanation so it doesnt come across as a cheap trick or a badly done Deux Ex.

Personally it really only matters to me that Torg either FINALLY has good things happen to him (he deserves it, he has suffered much) or goes out blazing like a true hero

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 188
WLM: saintsandpoets@hotmail.co
AOL: songoforion
Location: Nashville, TN
Marcus wrote:
How is it screwed up when Pete could be writing her out as well as he is?


Point.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 497
Location: Is Real
Marcus wrote:
Personally to me Zoe NOT coming back would be story telling risk that can pay off big time. And given she is in a terrible state, you would need to have a really damn good explanation so it doesnt come across as a cheap trick or a badly done Deux Ex.


I don't know about that. Rammer might have been lying to Riff and/or giving him an old feed from Zoe's first days in DoR. She might be healthy already for all we know.

I think Zoe and Torg belong together, although LegatoSkyHeart's Love Potion theory is intriguing. And Zoe's my favorite character, like Steave. But I will respect Pete's decision and where he will go with the story.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:02 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 2:42 am
Posts: 1958
ICQ: 8854007
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe exands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Orion wrote:
I find the prevalence of this opinion very interesting. Personally, I disagree and want to see those two together and happy in the end. But a lot of folks here are done with Zoe. Has Pete screwed up somehow that so many would rather see Zoe go?


It's not that I necessarily want to see her go, I just think Torg is better without her. However, if her dying is the only way to end that, then so be it.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:27 am 
Offline
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:17 am
Posts: 329
Jorodryn wrote:
I am curious to know if I am the only one that thinks Torg is better off without Zoe. Sure she has had an impact on the story in her own right, but I am sort of relieved she is not around. Torg seems more focused and such. He hasn't been concentrating on getting her back either. His focus has been to wipe out the evil organizations. I know he misses her, that would be normal for anyone. I know he wants her back, but I think it is more from the stand point of having the whole Sluggy crew back as opposed to a love obsessed crazy person.


Getting back to the original topic.
No, I don't think he's* better off*.
He isn't concentrated on getting her back?

*yes, I know these are another dimension's Torg, but I feel they adequately show the reader the monster Torg becomes with the loss of zoe.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:57 pm 
Offline
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:54 am
Posts: 1300
Location: Finland
LegatoSkyheart, the things your theory tries to explain are all explained by the obvious explanation that they actually fell in love but she wasn't aware of it later on.

LegatoSkyheart wrote:
(although Zoe and Leo was pretty civilized even though Leo Hit her at the end)

Also, the whole thing was based on his thinking she was constantly lying to him. In other words, he was an idiot, and it wouldn't have ended well.

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:59 pm 
Offline
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 12:43 am
Posts: 326
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that Zoe and Torg are the only people in Sluggy that still have the effects of the Love Potion within them and their Love for each other is actually a lie?


Actually, there was already tension between them (at least from Zoe's end) as early as this comic, from 1998. Plus, I know there were some other pre-love potion comics were there was chemistry, because this is what makes it so ironic when Torg and Zoe are standing there (at the end of the love-potion arc), looking into each other's eyes... (I just can't find any of these right now, and I don't have time to do a Mega-search. Can anybody out there help me?)

Top 
   
 Post subject: Re: Am I the only one?
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 1498
Location: The Gates of Hell, Planet Char, Koprulu Sector
reflexbc wrote:
LegatoSkyheart wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that Zoe and Torg are the only people in Sluggy that still have the effects of the Love Potion within them and their Love for each other is actually a lie?


Actually, there was already tension between them (at least from Zoe's end) as early as this comic, from 1998. Plus, I know there were some other pre-love potion comics were there was chemistry, because this is what makes it so ironic when Torg and Zoe are standing there (at the end of the love-potion arc), looking into each other's eyes... (I just can't find any of these right now, and I don't have time to do a Mega-search. Can anybody out there help me?)


I would like to point out that Gwynn said specifically in this strip that (and I quote/paraphrase) "As the potion wears off, any real feelings he has for you will come to the surface to replace those the potion put there." "So it's like training wheels for a relationship?" Now I know that 'Kenny' sabotaged the effort to make it cause people to go nuts, but maybe looking at each other right at midnight caused the second part to come true, with their real feelings being brought to light? Just a thought...

PS: I support Torg+Zoe

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: