Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts

Post subject: I hate the President
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
I'm ashamed to admit that, after two years, I am now in the same boat as Big-O. I hate Obama. I hate his voice. I hate his face. I hate his speeches. I hate his ideas.

I hate the President.

I'm sick and tired of his whining, his attacks on the left that got him elected, his horribly misinformed understanding of the meaning of "compromise". I'm sick of him trying to be "high-minded" and ending up just being Reagan IV. I'm sick of him giving up every liberal idea in favour of pro-business, pro-capitalist, pro-conservative ideas. I'm sick of him working so damn hard to get Republicans on board he's completely failed no notice the boat has capsized and everyone that was already on board has fallen off.

I'm sick of him leading this country to ruin. I should have voted for Hilary.

I don't know what I can do about it. I just had to get that off my chest.

Post subject: Re: I hate the President
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Most people I know who voted for Obama hate him now. I never liked him to begin with, but that was mostly because everyone I knew likened him to the second coming of Jesus and that annoyed me considerably.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:56 pm 
AOL: x86EliGottlieb
FreakyBoy wrote:
I'm ashamed to admit that, after two years, I am now in the same boat as Big-O. I hate Obama. I hate his voice. I hate his face. I hate his speeches. I hate his ideas.

I hate the President.

I'm sick and tired of his whining, his attacks on the left that got him elected, his horribly misinformed understanding of the meaning of "compromise". I'm sick of him trying to be "high-minded" and ending up just being Reagan IV. I'm sick of him giving up every liberal idea in favour of pro-business, pro-capitalist, pro-conservative ideas. I'm sick of him working so damn hard to get Republicans on board he's completely failed no notice the boat has capsized and everyone that was already on board has fallen off.

I agree, and I think it's about damn time we pushed the Dems to the Left or ditched them en masse for the Green Party.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 pm 
I do not hate Obama (yet) - I don't even hate Bill Clinton - but I am getting frustrated with the man. Every time his opponents call him a slick Chicago pol, I have to laugh, because he reminds me of nothing so much as a frazzled kindergarten teacher presiding ineffectually over room of hysterical screaming violent toddlers, trying not to raise his voice for fear of some overzealous parent suing him for child abuse.

Obama is doing precisely what he claimed he was going to do, which is rise above partisan divisions. Yes, he is persisting in the face of totally unreasonable opponents (come on, tax cuts for millionaires, now?) Yes, he is acting like Charlie Brown who never believes that Lucy is going to pull the football away and yes, he is making a total fool of himself.

And yes, you should have voted for Clinton. If what you really wanted was a partisan fighter, who would stand up for your beliefs and refuse to back down, who would take names and twist arms to get things done, then don't vote for the guy who says he's going to compromise with his opponents. I remember lots of people didn't take him at his word. They thought he was just saying that to get moderates to vote for him, and once he was in office he would govern as a staunch liberal. No. The man actually is a centrist.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:44 pm 
FreakyBoy I'm with you. I've been trying to give the man the benefit of the doubt but his resent so called "compromise" with republicans on the bush tax cuts is just to freaking much for me. I actually went out of my way and wrote my senator and asked him not to support it.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
First, let me state that I voted for Hilary, and received much flak from my equally leftie friends for that fact two and a half years ago. I thought she was more qualified, for all her weird-ass campaign bungles. If there's one thing Hilary can do, it's push people around until they do what she wants. And when Obama won the primary my heart sunk a bit, but I soldiered on. And hey, so far he isn't that bad.

Now, I do believe that Obama's failures are grossly exaggerated. I feel like people thought he'd be like some sort of fairy godfather, and everyone would get to go to the ball. And now people found out that he doesn't have a magic wand, and he actually has to sew the dress and blow the glass slippers by hand, and that crap takes a while. And the step sisters are in the wings constantly talking about how shoddy the work is, though really shaping slippers out of glass is pretty damn impressive. But all the sisters can say is "oooo, look at THAT! Look, it's not half as sparkly as it should be! And that dress, satin instead of silk? How gauche!" And the sisters don't care if you go to the ball, they just want you too demoralized to talk to the prince. But the helper mice are noticing the slightly lesser quality as well, and pointing it out and getting increasingly angry because although the clothes are good, they're not as good as they COULD be.

Anyway. All I can say is, shush, FB. I'm tired of hearing "I shoulda voted Hilary!" from friends who beat me over the head with Obama. Go to the damn ball in your satin dress and WORK IT. He's not that bad.

Though let's be honest here. With Hilary you'd be wearing Oscar de la Renta.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 pm 
Name me one thing he's done right, weatherwax. Just one.

Health care "reform" doesn't count. He did that so wrong it's not even funny. Gitmo. Iraq. I'm not even forgiving him for Afghanistan any more, because he's gone back on so many other things; the least he can do is go back on his stupid support for that war too.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:17 pm 
Here, have a list and stop picking at the threads of your JC Pennys frock. You'll tatter it by 2012, and we'll all be back in rags.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:31 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Alright, I'm usually not that opinionated, but I do believe that Obama is a horrible politician because people need to make extensive lists about what he's done. A president needs to rally a majority of Americans and get Congress to follow him. What is proving that he is failing is that he needs a now political minority (Obama supporters, not Liberals in general) to make lists and feebly try convince people that Obama has done important things. In fact, most of the things on these lists are just bills he signed that were created by a Democratic Congress!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm 
weatherwax wrote:
Here, have a list and stop picking at the threads of your JC Pennys frock. You'll tatter it by 2012, and we'll all be back in rags.

I asked for things he's done right; not things he's done. Don't see anything on that list that makes me sit up and take notice (and, as Stan points out, very few of those are Obama initiatives.)

I'm tired of the rhetoric that we have to support him for 2012, too. So far, I'm really not sure what the difference between a Republican President and a Democratic President would have been.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 pm 
Very well, if you can't even appreciate the small benefits of the Obama presidency, all I can say is: neener, neener, I was right.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 pm 
Yes you were. The point of this entire thread was me saying "weatherwax was right." :D

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:14 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
FreakyBoy wrote:
So far, I'm really not sure what the difference between a Republican President and a Democratic President would have been.

If the last 40 years are any indication. Not much.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 am 
AOL: Astaereth
FreakyBoy wrote:

I hate the President.

Hating the President for not winning fights is like hating your t-shirt for not being made of Kevlar. I'd rather hate the guys shooting at me. Yes, Obama compromises too much. But I save my ire for the people who force him to do it by never compromising at all.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 am 
I did that for two years, Malice. Eventually, though, when the same guy keeps getting shot because he insists on walking down the same alley where he's been shot regularly for the past two years, you stop heaping all the blame on the shooters and start realising the victim's kind of an idiot.

Board index » Chat Forums » Political Opinions and Opinionated Posts